Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gasohol and Piston/Diaphragm Fuel Pumps

Just noticed Autozone extended the warranty to lifetime (when Autozone sold Airtex branded units a year or two ago they were only 12 month warranty). If you don't mind buying two, so you have a spare on hand to drive to the store on when the first pump's seal goes bad, you will never have to buy another one -- just keep swapping lifetime warranties between them.

Speaking of lifetime warranties: Autozone's computer system is nationwide -- you can so a warranty swap anywhere in the country. Advance's computer system is local -- you can only do a warranty swap at the store of purchase unless you bring a receipt with you.

Bill Robertson

That's an Airtex unit. If you've already got a pump under warranty at Autozone you could save a few dollars and swap an eBay pump under it if/when it fails (identical to Autozone's unit so they'd never know the difference).

Bill Robertson

VIN
    I think this looks like your photos - http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Electric...d1702c&vxp=mtr

Second pump does indeed look like the rotary Spectra pump I am currently running.

You paid for an Autozone warranty, so I am going to do my best to find a rotary pump at Autozones to/from DCS next week.

Bill Robertson

VIN
    Well, now many many years later and my airtex pump from the original bill carb kit is not holding up on highway and has crapped out on me a few times driving home from Tom’s house. It would stall my engine and then only work if I put put around l. I purchased the spectra pump with lifetime warranty from autozone and I am going to fit it into Bill’s carrier (not that I remember a Carrier)one weekend coming up soon. I hope it’s as easy as bill makes it out to be. I am assuming it will work just fine submerged in the tank just like the original airtex unit I have in there now. That seems to be the way bill describes it- direct replacement.
    Now we’ve had just ‘bout enough of that !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    So Damn Loud
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    So Damn Fast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original
    So Damn Tiny