Thread: Favorite Stainless Cleaners/Polishes

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN

Favorite Stainless Cleaners/Polishes

Currently, I use Diversey Inc.'s Deep Gloss Stainless Steel Maintainer and am very pleased with the results. It can be used in one of two ways:

1) a light spray on and quickly wipe off leaves a clean surface with a slightly subdued luster (darker color); or

2) spray on thick and evenly, allow to set/dry, and wipe off excess leaves a clean surface with a shiny/wet appearance.

I apply the product either directly or onto a paper towel and then wipe. The only drawback is that the slight color change caused by use of the product prevents using it for simple/quick spot cleans - you must do either an entire panel or preferably the entire car, to prevent a splotchy appearance.

http://www.diverseynacatalog.com/Cat...spx?family=156

For simple/quick spot cleans, I like to use Sprayway ammonia free foaming glass cleaner, applied either directly or onto a microfiber cloth, and then wipe. Leaves no film and doesn't change the color/appearance at all.

http://www.spraywayinc.com/content/glass-cleaner

So, what products/methods do the rest of you owners like to use on your stainless? Post them here!
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

I use a spray solvent for spots or the whole car to quickly get it clean (car shows). My solvent is made to remove flux from PCB boards but works great because it dries in seconds.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Dave, hopefully it won't remove flux from your capacitor! I couldn't stay away from that BTTF humor.
    I have a spray called "Twinkle" but I honestly haven't even tried it yet. I have never cleaned my Delorean in the three years I've had her. But the guys in my Long Island Deloren club swear by it.
    Now we’ve had just ‘bout enough of that !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo"-VIN 5835
    'Fastest naturally aspirated PRV'
    So Damn Loud
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue"-1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc swap
    So Damn Fast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Spalding"-1973 MG Midget
    All original
    So Damn Tiny

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I use a spray solvent for spots or the whole car to quickly get it clean (car shows). My solvent is made to remove flux from PCB boards but works great because it dries in seconds.
    Interesting - sounds a little bit like electrical contact cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Dave, hopefully it won't remove flux from your capacitor! I couldn't stay away from that BTTF humor.
    I have a spray called "Twinkle" but I honestly haven't even tried it yet. I have never cleaned my Delorean in the three years I've had her. But the guys in my Long Island Deloren club swear by it.
    COOL - Twinkle is actually the 'consumer' grade of the 'industrial' grade Deep Gloss that I use - both are made by Diversey (formerly SC Johnson Diversey). Next time I'm at the company store, I'll have to pick up a case of Twinkle to compare to the Deep Gloss.

http://www.diverseynacatalog.com/Cat...spx?family=605
    "You can never use too much anti-seize!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    future
    anyone try the BKF foam spray yet?

personally, ive used liquid BKF on my grooved hood and it did a really good job removing stains, rust, et al.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

VIN
    Blog Entries
    The liquid BKF is HORRIBLE. I had to spend hours washing the white out of every single crevice in the car that it ran into; there's probably still some left on my car somewhere, too...
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    future
    cant say ive washed an entire car with it...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%