Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just killed my hood

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Why not go for a correct hood for your car?
    Because a vin correct hood not important to me.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Because a vin correct hood not important to me.
    Neither is grammar. I can't stand the flat hoods; but, to each their own.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Neither is grammar. I can't stand the flat hoods; but, to each their own.
    You really are a dick.

I personally was never bothered about hood style. I really like the hood badges on the flat hood cars and if I were to get the proper hood with the style lines, the hood badge would not have a home(too tight on space IMO). My car is not vin accurate (should be a 5-speed with gray interior and style lined hood), but it's black with an auto and a pavement shredding Stage II engine, so I'm not going to sweat a vin correct hood. What I have always been most concerned about is meticulous perfection in the cosmetic and mechanical areas. I want it to be clean, fit and finish 100%, execution of mods to be better than Mercedes. I even disassemble areas to detail and refinish that will never see the light of day just so I know it's right. As far as canon goes, well I would sooner drop a Dodge engine in a rebodied Rolls Royce than worry about proper vin protocol.

In the end, I would much rather have a 100% perfect flat hood than a 95% grooved and flapped hood(and an extra $2,000 in my bank account).
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yes; yes I am.

I actively hate the hood emblem on the flat hood; I find it distracting while driving. I also hate the gas flap hood; traded mine away because of that, and find the flat one too spartan. It strikes me as odd that it's something you don't care about given how you obsess over certain aspects.
    -Chad K.

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

Sometimes hate putting the hood up for gas. "Hey, I'm not attracting enough attention. Let me put up the hood too."
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yes; yes I am.

I actively hate the hood emblem on the flat hood; I find it distracting while driving. I also hate the gas flap hood; traded mine away because of that, and find the flat one too spartan. It strikes me as odd that it's something you don't care about given how you obsess over certain aspects.
    I have never noticed it when driving, I have to sit up in the seat just to see that little 5mm thick emblem.

There is a term in the scale modeling community refer to as a "rivet counter". These are people that will look at a scale model aircraft build and ignore the flawless execution of the build, the scale realism and skill, dedication, and hours required to pull it off and focus on counting the number of rivets on a panel and compare them with a photo of the real thing. Anything less and he will dismiss the whole project as a failure.

These are the type of people who focus on stupid shit that matters nothing to nobody and will cry "FOUL" to the heavens until someone acknowledges them. They deny themselves happiness, and therefore the normal state of their being is one of outward negativity brightened by a few moments of joy when it should be just the opposite.

Reminds me of a certain chap who had an issue with a DeLorean themed and branded watch several months ago belittling anyone who bought one rather than just be happy for them.

There is however a term for the rivet counters in the DeLorean community; these people are known as "fuckstraws".

Will you take $200 for it? (/Chad Joke)
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    You clearly don't understand my gripe about the watches; it's a $12.00 watch that they claim is "officially licensed" despite not owning the rights to license anything.

It's part of a broader problem with DMCH; note: wecall them DMCH, but the world calls them DMC, misrepresenting themselves as the original company.

The watch was one of the most blatant examples of this.
    -Chad K.

Administrator
    VIN
    Fuckstraw!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Fuckstraw!

I was excited about the term...wasn't calling anybody one at that moment...haha.

Bro....do you own a DeLorean?