Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Driving 4728 (post-resto thread.)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    31degrees for a low tonight here. I have not one but 2 birdy nests in our yard so I have been feeding the birdys a lot so they can keep their birdy butts planted on their eggs tonight.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

Administrator
    VIN
    It's finally driving season and today was a great day.

In the past year, I met some new owners not too far from where I live. I started a club and met with a few today. Unfortunately, there's a 4th that couldn't make it due to last-minute issues. We all went for a drive from our home areas & stopped here for coffee.

This was the first time the other two guys met with other cars, so that was pretty cool. I remember the first time I met with other DeLoreans....it was at DCS 2014, it was amazing.

98019483_526742904868599_454647546984267776_n - Copy.jpg
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

That's awesome and a nice picture. I would assume that yours is in the middle??
    Sounds like it was a great day for your club get together and drive.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Nice. I feel like I can count on one hand how many posts like this you have made. Good to see you represetin' the thug class.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jim View Post
    That's awesome and a nice picture. I would assume that yours is in the middle??
    Sounds like it was a great day for your club get together and drive.
    Yes, I'm in the middle...good eye, Mr. Jim!

What's the latest & greatest status on yours? I'd love to have our cars at the same event sometime....that'd be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Nice. I feel like I can count on one hand how many posts like this you have made. Good to see you represetin' the thug class.
    Yessir!

[QUOTE=Rich_NYS;68326]Yes, I'm in the middle...good eye, Mr. Jim!

What's the latest & greatest status on yours? I'd love to have our cars at the same event sometime....that'd be epic!/QUOTE]

Rich, pretty much status quo. I did poke around the engine compartment this last week when I was over there. Just looked at various areas and kind of thinking of what I should/could do. That would be neat to get together with our cars and introduce them to each other. I really need to downsize on everything I have going on. Way too many projects and obligations. Oh well, I guess I built the sand box I play in. I can relate to your post 103 being overwhelmed. I have way to many irons in the fire and don't seem to get much accomplished.

Administrator
    VIN
    I'm preparing my sales listing for 4728....thinking around 35K, negotiable contingent on the remaining work & parts that accompany it.

Gonna drive it as much as possible for the next few months, and in that time discipline myself to rebuild the brakes & clutch hydraulics on 4519 so I can drive it.

VIN
    You have one of the best documented cars, ever. I really don't think you'll have a problem attracting buyers. Certainly no one should be asking for more pictures.

Administrator
    VIN
    Today I drove 120 miles roundtrip to my childhood hometown for a cruise-in meet with another DeLorean owner. 1,045 miles driven this year so far. On the way home, I started to consider not selling 4728 until I have 4519 on the road....I'm having apprehensions about the possibility of not having 4519 ready for 2021 driving season. It really doesn't need much to get it on the road, but I'm planning a frame-off.

Also today, the reason there was only me & another owner at the meet is because one of the other guys broke a belt, and another owner from our group went to help. There's 6 of us in the small group I started less than a year ago, and already we're looking out for each other....I love it.

The dude with the broken belt doesn't have any car repair experience, so the nearest owner from our group showed up with his dad and replaced the belt. It ended up being more than a belt, so it needed a tow and they waited together for the flatbed. I was in touch via text with "tow loop/not LCA" instructions, and I heard there was a group effort to convince the tow operator not to put a hook on the frame.

Overall a very good day, aside from one of our guys on a flatbed.

Administrator
    VIN
    I've been driving a lot, got over 1,000 miles on it this year.

I want to punch myself in the balls for say this, but I'm considering keeping the car [for a while longer, anyway.] WTF do I need two cars for?! It's a mental issue for sure.

I met with my local club, we have new members and enjoying our outings. Great bunch of guys, I had a banner made...it's displayed on the red car:

113545636_294658911871925_2346715981524097684_n_C1.jpg