Thread: i am still alive.

VIN
    future

i am still alive.

as i sit here drinking imported German absinthe and listening to Lacrimas Profundere, lamenting my absence at DCS 2016, i realize its time to make a reappearance.

those who previously friended me on Facebook may already know i am still alive; however, as seems to be my custom, i get hot-and-heavy with my hobbies for a while, then take a lengthy hiatus before returning. old habits die hard. its been about 2.5 years since dropping off the face of the DeLorean community. ive been focusing on another hobby, instant film photography, during my hiatus... but no one said i was any good. you can judge for yourself on my Flickr page.

also, since i have a job that pays me more than i deserve, i have been passively accumulating significant sums of cash in my 'DeLorean Fund' bank account. i have exceeded my previous standard-of-living DeLorean goal, and am currently amassing more until i find a suitable vehicle for purchase.

for those who have joined after my absence, greetings. to old friends, hello again.

cheers,
    David Vonk (the 'blue car guy')
    Obtain-O-Meter: 64%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    as seems to be my custom, i get hot-and-heavy with my hobbies for a while, then take a lengthy hiatus before returning. old habits die hard.
    Ditto. Maybe that's why I'm over here -- slow pace means I can take frequent breaks that I would otherwise get from just binging for a few months and then resting for another few.

Long time no see! Man it's been a helluva long time since I saw a dvonk post. Glad to have you back! (And on Today too!)

VIN
    Thats awesome man. Ive been wondering about the obtainometer for a while now. Welcome back.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    future
    thanks guys! maybe this time around ill actually get around to buying a DeLorean instead of just accessories & memorabilia. what else am i gonna do with my NOS Grady taillight boards?
    as of 2016/08/04

VIN
    Hey David. Good to hear from you again and glad you're back.
    Jeff in Dallas

My Car http://dmctx.blogspot.com

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back; hopefully you'll make it to next DCS.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."

VIN
    future
    thanks! im hoping to be at the next DCS with a DeLorean of my own. well see...
    as of 2016/08/04