Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Holds Ignition Tumbler To The Steering Column?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are you talking about the metal tab yhe purple wire connects to on the metal housing?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    This tab?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to turn off the mobile signature thingie on my phone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Posting this link for reference:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13...mes-won-t-turn

Apparently, the entire unit can be replaced with one from a Range Rover if necessary.

Oh, and I finally figured out how that little pin works. Basically you put the key in the ignition, turn to ACC, and the pin pops out a little. You press the pin back in and the tumbler comes out. Obviously I can't do that since I don't have a key.

Hopefully the locksmith will be able to pick the lock. Otherwise, the pin will have to be drilled out to remove the tumbler.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    These cars really don't like to sit. Its been over a month since I last drove the thing.

Today I started it with a screw driver (still don't have a key). The car started up fine but now the clutch master cylinder is stuck. I just ordered two pistons from Rock Auto. One to rebuild my master cylinder and another to keep as a spare.

VIN
    Just for giggles I disconnected the hose from the fluid reservoir and blew compressed air in it.

Thanks to that stupid flood last year I now own a 21 gallon air compressor.

Clutch master cylinder is unstuck and car is driveable as long as I have a flat blade screw driver to start the car.

It looks like I'm going to have yet spate pistons for the clutch master cylinder unless the thing starts leaking.

Good times.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Just for giggles I disconnected the hose from the fluid reservoir and blew compressed air in it.

Thanks to that stupid flood last year I now own a 21 gallon air compressor.

Clutch master cylinder is unstuck and car is driveable as long as I have a flat blade screw driver to start the car.

It looks like I'm going to have yet spate pistons for the clutch master cylinder unless the thing starts leaking.

Good times.

Stinking clutch master cylinder is stuck again.

Fortunately my new pistons from Rockauto are arriving today.