PDA

View Full Version : Gathering at Louis' house July 12th 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Boo
06-27-2014, 09:59 AM
If you go through with this purchase, I may drive up to New York to tie up a lot of loose ends at once (deliver your Fiero parts, transact the manifold & carb, test drive a blocked off power valve on Louis' car, etc). I could also stop by House of Hill in DC to deliver a Peugeot manifold & carb to Sam. Keep me in the info loop.

Bill Robertson
Bill, you are more then welcome to test drive my car. I may not be able to drive it as I still have this cast-boot on my leg and I'm not sure how much longer it needs to remain on. Hopefully it will be off by the time Chad comes here but that is yet to be seen via x-ray.
Plus she hasn't been drive. In about two months and the tires are kinda low so expect
flat spots.

Boo
06-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Bill, if you come up on the 12th, you can drive my car and see if you think it's fast. You'll have to go fast if you want to experience the cutting out feeling at 4500-5000 rpms. You COULD help me do my headliner but I guess that might be asking too much. Figured I'd put it out there though.

Boo
06-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Maybe he can bring MattDavid with him and we can have a Delorean get together, ill host it at my house, swimming pool , jacuzzi hot tub, BBQ, beers, and hopefully bill will bring CheerWine !

Boo
06-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Hey if we do that ill in its Tom Neiland and Dave Delman, Mike DeLuca and Louis Costa Jr. And Sr. And anyone else local ! That's all I know of offhand

Boo
06-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Paging Mr. Robertson......Mr. Bill Robertson

Paging Matt ....... Mr. MattDavid

Paging Mr. Neiland........ Mr. Tom Neiland

Paging Mr. Delman......... Mr. David Delman

Dracula
06-27-2014, 06:21 PM
So, Bill, will you be attending for the Saturday of fun?

Also, is there anyone else attending?

NightFlyer
06-27-2014, 06:26 PM

Also, is there anyone else attending?

I'd like to, but that's a little far to make a day trip out of it... we'll see.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-27-2014, 06:41 PM

Biggest cost would be the tolls. There is a very nice Motel 6 about 60 miles from Louis' house that is only $60 per night.

Bill Robertson

Boo
06-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Biggest cost would be the tolls. There is a very nice Motel 6 about 60 miles from Louis' house that is only $60 per night.

Bill Robertson
If you come , please bring me the non-diet CheerWine cans I emailed you about.
I know you are so busy but you always seem to ignore my emails and Pms . :confused:

Boo
06-27-2014, 06:49 PM
No Robertson love for me. :(
And I'm his biggest fan!

Boo
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Info loop Bill!
MattDavid is ready for you to pick him up on the ride up here!

NightFlyer
06-27-2014, 10:53 PM
If Michael comes, will Lou make him a sammich and call him sir?

NightFlyer
06-27-2014, 10:55 PM

Bill Robertson

Isn't there something closer to Lou's that's just as cheap?

Boglin
06-27-2014, 11:11 PM
If Michael comes, will Lou make him a sammich and call him sir?

LOL if Michael comes, I will die laughing.

Dracula
06-27-2014, 11:47 PM
You people and your hotels. All you need are wet naps and a vehicle to sleep in.

Boo
06-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Man, now I REALLY wish I could get a bricklin for you to bring up to me!
Ill cook Michael a burger if he comes but Tennessee is pretty damn far away, not as far as Texas mind you, but pretty far at that! I'd even call him sir in jest. Ill find a way to work it into a joke or say it with a foreign accent or something. :)

Dracula
06-28-2014, 01:22 AM
Ideally, I'd like to take more time to do this trip or pay to have the car transported, but this makes the most sense. I'll be starting a new job almost immediately after I get back and this is the only time I get off for a while. Plus, meeting up with a good portion of the DMCToday group will make up for missing DCS.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 01:44 AM
I should be able to make it, but am not sure just yet - no guarantees.

Lou - can you PM me your address so I can check out motels in the area? Might put together another room share for this little soiree.

I know that Bill said there's a Motel 6 60 miles away, but certainly, there must be something a little closer by. Maybe I can even get a classy joint for cheap by naming my own price on Priceline.com :)

If I do end up booking a room (for that Saturday pm), who else would be game to share/split it?

Dracula
06-28-2014, 02:08 AM
I should be able to make it, but am not sure just yet - no guarantees.

Lou - can you PM me your address so I can check out motels in the area? Might put together another room share for this little soiree.

I know that Bill said there's a Motel 6 60 miles away, but certainly, there must be something a little closer by. Maybe I can even get a classy joint for cheap by naming my own price on Priceline.com :)

If I do end up booking a room (for that Saturday pm), who else would be game to share/split it?

I'm willing. I'd rather get a good night's rest on Saturday after I load up the car and drive from Sunday morning on through to Monday morning than have to try to sleep in a rest stop along the way.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 02:16 AM
I'll know more by the end of next week, so I won't start bidding on rooms until then, unless someone else wants to try to find a cheap hotel in the area...

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 07:14 AM
cheap hotel in the area

Contradiction in terms. As soon as you drive onto the island prices jump into the $200 range.

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
06-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Offering my house in Fort Washington, MD as a possible way station is probably in no way helpful, but it's offered. Free street parking, working toilet, friendly cat.

Dracula
06-28-2014, 10:05 AM
So far, my plan is to leave Thursday night. That way, with sleeping factored in, I should arrive Saturday morning.

I like the idea of the hotel share, too, as that would have me leaving New York on Sunday morning and arriving back in Texas Monday afternoon; factoring in another nap on the side of the road.

Boglin
06-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Offering my house in Fort Washington, MD as a possible way station is probably in no way helpful, but it's offered. Free street parking, working toilet, friendly cat.

Betta make sure no one thinks this is an offer to move in!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/us/nanny-squatter/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Boo
06-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Anyone who wants to come for the BBQ at my house Saturday afternoon,(after we pick up chads car) please
PM me so I can have a head count and send out my address. Most precious thing to bring would be micro beers local to your area that are probably not available on Long Island.
Louis

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I wish I was going.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
I wish I was going.

Says the man with free plane tickets....

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 12:01 PM
No one invited me.

Dracula
06-28-2014, 12:15 PM
I wish I was going.

I may have to trailer my car to the next Louisiana tech session instead.

Dracula
06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
No one invited me.

You were invited; last I checked you fall under the category of "anyone wishing to attend."

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 12:21 PM
You were invited; last I checked you fall under the category of "anyone wishing to attend."

Oh. Thanks for the invite. I would go but Lou doesn't like me.

Boo
06-28-2014, 12:23 PM
I wish I was going.

Come on! You can do it! Bring Drew and Farrar with you!

Boo
06-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Oh. Thanks for the invite. I would go but Lou doesn't like me.

COME ON ! You're starting to sound like me now! :rolleyes:
Of course you are invited! All of DMCToday is!

Boo
06-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Even Michael and Josh (NightFlyer) are coming! (Hint,Hint!)

Boo
06-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Pool, Hottub, Paddleboat, Soda, Beer, BBQ, Deloreans, and at least one Fiero!

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a party

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 12:54 PM
I just got home from New Hampshire yesterday and now you guys want me to hop on another plane. Gosh.

In all seriousness, I probably would fly up there but there is a strong possibility that the fiance will be arriving in the USA that same weekend. Things will be much less stressful if I am at home when she gets here. The plan is for her to fly from Istanbul to Houston. I'll pick her up from there and we will drive back home to Livingston, Louisiana.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 01:07 PM
JFK airport isn't good enough for her?

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Houston is a five hour drive from my house. JFK would require flights. Last minute flights are tricky enough for one person. For two people it is even more complicated.

If I was certain about her dates and if I had more than a few days notice (I am literally going to book her flight to the USA within 24 hours of her receiving a visa) then I would certainly be all up for JFK. Believe me, the though has crossed my mind.

Dracula
06-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Ironic that Steve will be going to Houston while I'll be away from it. Though, if Steve can make it, I can always give him a ride home, since I'll be going right past him any way.

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Gosh you boo boos make this so tempting. Let me see what happens July 1st. That is the date of her visa interview.

Boo
06-28-2014, 01:26 PM
If I was certain about her dates ...

I say if she has other "dates" then dump her.
LOL ;)

Boo
06-28-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm just gonna post my address here. Hell, ain't no different than a phone book.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Gosh you boo boos make this so tempting. Let me see what happens July 1st. That is the date of her visa interview.

Come on big dog - wouldn't be the same without ya! :cool:

Boo
06-28-2014, 02:53 PM
I just got home from New Hampshire yesterday and now you guys want me to hop on another plane. Gosh.

Nobody told you to go to New Hampshire. :rolleyes:

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 02:57 PM
if Steve can make it, I can always give him a ride home

And fiance'.

Bill Robertson

Boo
06-28-2014, 02:58 PM
And fiance'.

Bill Robertson
She can ride in the DMC on the trailer. A little salty mind you, but cool at that!

Dracula
06-28-2014, 03:04 PM
And fiance'.

Bill Robertson

It's a crew cab truck, so that's definitely doable.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Contradiction in terms. As soon as you drive onto the island prices jump into the $200 range.

Bill Robertson

Yeah, I've noticed that, but I've successfully received Hyatt-Regency level rooms for as little as $50 on a weekend night by naming my own price on priceline.com (that William Shatner really is something else).

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Is there any way to get on the island without going through NYC?

tom kish vin.4357
06-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Hey Steve, if your fiance needs someone to speak for her in her interview, i could speak up for her, after all i am a real sweetheart!!

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Is there any way to get on the island without going through NYC?

Verezanno Narrows isn't bad: $12 IIRC (one way only). Drops you right onto the parkway, thence to Sunrise. Louis lives a couple of blocks off Sunrise. You don't even need a map.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Hey Steve, if your fiance needs someone to speak for her in her interview, i could speak up for her, after all i am a real sweetheart!!

Do you plan to be in Turkey next week?

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Verezanno Narrows isn't bad: $12 IIRC (one way only). Drops you right onto the parkway, thence to Sunrise. Louis lives a couple of blocks off Sunrise. You don't even need a map.

Bill Robertson

Thanks - that's definitely looking like my best option, should I be able to make the trip.

Might also look into flying out instead of driving - is Steve still offering cheap airfare?

tom kish vin.4357
06-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Do you plan to be in Turkey next week?

noooooo but i could write them a neat note from good old USA, how about something like this, either you let her leave for the USA or i send Steve over there to go RAMBO on your asses!!

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Might also look into flying out instead of driving - is Steve still offering cheap airfare?

My normal practice is to never give a free/cheap plane ticket to people who ask for them. But NighFlyer has done so much for me that I'll make an exception. Just pay the fees and we are all good.

Normally a free plane ticket costs about $10 when booked 21 days in advance but because this would be a last minute flight we are looking at a fee of at least $85. Let me know your dates and preferred airports. I'll see what I can do.

For the rest of you that want a free plane ticket go to www.freefrequentflyermiles.com and do what I do.

noooooo but i could write them a neat note from good old USA, how about something like this, either you let her leave for the USA or i send Steve over there to go RAMBO on your asses!!

Oh my.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 05:27 PM
My normal practice is to never give a free/cheap plane ticket to people who ask for them. But NighFlyer has done so much for me that I'll make an exception. Just pay the fees and we are all good.

Normally a free plane ticket costs about $10 when booked 21 days in advance but because this would be a last minute flight we are looking at a fee of at least $85. Let me know your dates and preferred airports. I'll see what I can do.

My bad - shouldn't have asked. :(

Sorry. I totally understand your reasoning.

It's all good in the neighborhood. I'll see what I can put together.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 06:37 PM

That's exciting - hope it's all smooth sailing and that she arrives here soon :)

Boo
06-28-2014, 08:02 PM

For the rest of you that want a free plane ticket go to www.freefrequentflyermiles.com and do what I do.

Oh my.

With Priceline you might get a jet blue flight for 89$ without using up Steve's free ticket . I was looking forward to seeing the ncts though

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 08:33 PM
With Priceline you might get a jet blue flight for 89$ without using up Steve's free ticket . I was looking forward to seeing the ncts though

Ordinarily, I wouldn't hesitate at an opportunity to take my car on a road trip. However, I've previously been to NYC once, and I've got to tell you - you guys drive like absolute SHIT (no offense intended to Lou personally). I was there with my Cadillac Eldorado, and lost count of the number of times I was almost hit. The cabbies were the WORST, as due to a strong lobby in the city and crooked politicians, they have limited liability, thus they don't give a rat's ass about driving carefully. You guys should be ASHAMED of yourselves for permitting such crap to occur - it's outrageous and it actually encourages bad driving. No where else am I aware of such a blatant crony scheme such as that which exists between NYC and its cab industry.

Not to mention that you guys currently have two of the biggest jackasses (communists) in American state/city politics today - Cuomo and de Blasio. Not even Quinn (Illinois) is as bad as either of those two idiots.

I could NEVER live in/around NYC and be happy - it would just be impossible.

And this just isn't a case of me not being used to big cities, as I handle Chicago and Detroit just fine.

Ok, end of rant :p

Boo
06-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Now time to start my rant.
After ignoring your anti-ny political rant I must mostly agree with drivers in manhattan (and the politicians too). However there is no need to go through manhattan to get here unless you are a complete novice on the road, like the people you preach your hate about. (Hypocritical)
Come if you want, stay if you'd rather not come, but if you fly, I cannot guarantee an airport pickup because my main focus is helping chad get this car onto his trailer so unfortunately I cannot be your personal chauffeur. Plus, you are probably better off driving next to a taxi than being in one.
And if you think NY drivers are the worst, you obviously haven't driven in New Jersey.
Not done ranting but ill pause for now. After all its late on a Saturday night and my cranky bitch neighbor just yelled at me for setting off ONE firework as the entire county is ringing in "booms" around us. So ill give everyone a break. Drive, fly, whatever, come , stay whatever. I just thought it would be nice to come together.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Now time to start my rant.
After ignoring your anti-ny political rant I must mostly agree with drivers in manhattan (and the politicians too). However there is no need to go through manhattan to get here unless you are a complete novice on the road, like the people you preach your hate about. (Hypocritical)
Come if you want, stay if you'd rather not come, but if you fly, I cannot guarantee an airport pickup because my main focus is helping chad get this car onto his trailer so unfortunately I cannot be your personal chauffeur. Plus, you are probably better off driving next to a taxi than being in one.
And if you think NY drivers are the worst, you obviously haven't driven in New Jersey.
Not done ranting but ill pause for now. After all its late on a Saturday night and my cranky bitch neighbor just yelled at me for setting off ONE firework as the entire county is ringing in "booms" around us. So ill give everyone a break. Drive, fly, whatever, come , stay whatever. I just thought it would be nice to come together.

Lou - understand that my rant wasn't meant to be anything personal, and especially not against you in any way.

I admittedly have a very limited experience base upon which to make such a judgment about NYC drivers in general, as I did, but even from that sole experience, it was admittedly frightening for someone like myself who's just not used to that many 'aggressive' drivers/people in such a high density, as it is there.

If you're saying that things aren't as bad where you're at, that's good enough for me, as I trust your judgment on this. :)

Dead Lesbian Goat
06-28-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't know how but I just found this thread...17 pages! I'm going to catch up on it tomorrow afternoon but by then it will probably be around 30.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Ok, end of rant :p

Your biggest problem is going to be pavement conditions. Sunset is OK, but the parkway is coming apart pretty badly. If you can drive as far south as 440, definitely use it instead of the Goethals bridge, which is an absolute wreck.

If I do this thing, I am driving one of the trucks.

Bill Robertson

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Josh, all I'm saying is that you are not going to be in NYC to come to me, I'm not saying you won't get into an accident on the way to long island or on Long Island. Drivers suck everywhere, you gotta be on the defensive especially in our precious little non- bondoable cars. Florida drivers are clueless, Long Island drivers are rushy and rude. Nothing against you, but you mentioned manhattan that I agree with. Drivers suck here in Nassau county too. Hell, I'm a sucky daydreamer driver myself. But you can't keep the car in the carcoon all the time, wasn't that the point chad made about you actually driving your concours car? We all commend you for it.
I'm not taking anything personal,,what you do is your decision. If your too scared to drive your car then don't. I'm more scared flying then driving any day.

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Your biggest problem is going to be pavement conditions.
Bill Robertson

That's for sure! Especially after THIS winter. It seems like they repair the potholes during the winter when they just re-form, and then they don't bother to repair anything once the weather is good for it and the roads will at least last the summer. There are big deep potholes everywhere, and I'm not talking about my ex-girlfriends!

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:46 PM
So no NightFlyer Delorean AND no Roberston Delorean? Remember its about meeting each other, not seeing each others cars. At least mine will be here! :rolleyes:

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I admittedly have a very limited experience base upon which to make such a judgment about NYC drivers in general, as I did, but even from that sole experience, it was admittedly frightening for someone like myself who's just not used to that many 'aggressive' drivers/people in such a high density, as it is there.

Josh, I completely agree with NYC traffic, its all close calls and no one seems to keep a safe distance either front,rear or to the sides. It's almost like everyone thinks there is a magic force field around their car and they squeeze as close as possible. I totally agree.

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't know how but I just found this thread...17 pages! I'm going to catch up on it tomorrow afternoon but by then it will probably be around 30.

Michael, you have to start using the "new posts" link. Upper left corner.

Boo
06-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Maybe if Bill brings the service truck he'll give my car the complete inspection and test drive and a nice "Roberston overhaul". :) I always wanted Bill to experience my clutch which is certainly not at all smooth like his was that one time I drove his car.
He has the Valeo and I have the super gripper Hervey special.

Boo
06-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Michael are you gonna take the ride from Tennessee to come to my Lil' get together? I will make YOU a sammich! Well a burger anyway.

stevedmc
06-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Manhattan roads suck.

Before I became a world traveler I made a trip to New York. This was ten years ago. Being a punk kid not knowing anything, I rented a car and booked a hotel room in Jersey. My plan was to drive to Manhattan every day, park, and enjoy the city. Boy did I learn the hard way. The roads suck, the drivers suck, and paying $30 to park for four hours really sucks.

Maybe driving outside of the city would be okay, but after that trip I made a vow to only use public transit in the city. I've been back to Manhattan three or four times and I'm very happy taking the Metro, walking, and taking buses.

Boo
06-28-2014, 10:05 PM
The Long Island roads suck just as bad. Huge potholes never bothered to be repaired. They just seemed to give up this year and not repair anything. Every time I got up some speed in my fiero, I would go over rough ground and have to slow it down. In my delorean with my new harsh rear shocks its like driving a truck, bam, bam, bam! There's rough ground all over Long Island , it DOES suck! Bill is in for a surprise when he drives my car, he thinks girlings are stiff. These shocks are like MattDavid said, just pipe connecting the body and frame. No absorbing whatsoever!

Dead Lesbian Goat
06-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Can't go anywhere now. My business is on fire. The last 2 quarters have been the best I have had in the past 10 years. It would cost me bank to go anywhere now.

This why all my vacations happen in the dead of winter. I love this area in the summer, so that coupled with $ makes it hard to leave, but when work is slow in the cold months we head to Cozumel or Aruba.

Boo
06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Josh, I can't guarantee your car won't get hit parked on the street by my house either. I don't have protected parking for you and my road is like a drag strip sometimes. It's all chance in life. If it makes you feel better, fly in. Ill do what I can to see about picking you up from JFK, and bringing you back for your flight out.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Bill is in for a surprise when he drives my car, he thinks girlings are stiff. These shocks are like MattDavid said, just pipe connecting the body and frame. No absorbing whatsoever!

Didn't you rip on Wolff for saying that KYB's were 'nasty' or 'harsh'?

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 10:41 PM
What amazes me the most is that we get worse winters here in the midwest, have less people (but probably more cars/drivers), lower tax rates, and yet our roads aren't that bad. Not to mention that the road I live on is constantly used by 50,000lb farm tractors.

WTH are you guys spending all your tax dollars on over there?!?!?!

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Josh, I can't guarantee your car won't get hit parked on the street by my house either. I don't have protected parking for you and my road is like a drag strip sometimes. It's all chance in life. If it makes you feel better, fly in. Ill do what I can to see about picking you up from JFK, and bringing you back for your flight out.

Thanks Lou - I appreciate that :)

I'll get it figured out by next week and let everyone know what I decide to do.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Just so I know, if I do fly in as opposed to drive, is JFK the closest, or would Newark, LaGuardia, or Long Island MacArthur be better for any reason?

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Can't go anywhere now. My business is on fire. The last 2 quarters have been the best I have had in the past 10 years. It would cost me bank to go anywhere now.

This why all my vacations happen in the dead of winter. I love this area in the summer, so that coupled with $ makes it hard to leave, but when work is slow in the cold months we head to Cozumel or Aruba.

Gotta do what you gotta do - completely understandable.

But we'll still miss you :)

Boo
06-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Didn't you rip on Wolff for saying that KYB's were 'nasty' or 'harsh'?

Yeah but I have kyb in the front and they are great. I have some no name In The back and they are stiff as hell.
I wish I had my nice KYBs in the back.

Boo
06-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Josh JFK is closest. Not the nicest, but closest.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah but I have kyb in the front and they are great. I have some no name In The back and they are stiff as hell.
I wish I had my nice KYBs in the back.

My bad - I was under the impression that you had installed KYB's all around.

So, what exactly are you running in the rear?

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Josh JFK is closest. Not the nicest, but closest.

Excellent - thanks Lou :)

Dracula
06-28-2014, 11:21 PM
So no NightFlyer Delorean AND no Roberston Delorean? Remember its about meeting each other, not seeing each others cars. At least mine will be here! :rolleyes:

Mine will be there, too.

Dracula
06-28-2014, 11:24 PM
My bad - I was under the impression that you had installed KYB's all around.

So, what exactly are you running in the rear?

He has the generic shocks Houston offers with the Eibach springs. My last car had them and they were garbage. Your original shocks are bound to be better.

NightFlyer
06-28-2014, 11:42 PM
He has the generic shocks Houston offers with the Eibach springs. My last car had them and they were garbage. Your original shocks are bound to be better.

Thanks for the info - even though I'll only ever run the OEM Girlings, I do like to try and keep track of these things (for others who ask for my advice).

Boo
06-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah, my shocks are stiffer than girlings, but that's what I have on and I don't see going to back, when I took the girlings off the top post on one got kinda chewed up. Rear shocks at an affordable price are very hard to find for this car. But with these every bump feels like a crater and feels like the shock is gonna rip through the frame.
If you come to my house you can drive it and feel for yourself. <- that was NOT a gay joke. LOL

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 12:41 PM
If you come to my house you can drive it and feel for yourself. <- that was NOT a gay joke. LOL

Yeah, yeah - I've heard that one before. Really Lou, cracking gay jokes and then acting like you're not, how completely un-PC of you...:rolleyes:

That was a joke ;)

Boo
06-29-2014, 01:27 PM
My bad ...

Remember , Mr. Hammer, the correct term is "My fault" and that IS the 80's way to say it.
(I call you Mr. Hammer because you are always so "proper".)
;)

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Remember , Mr. Hammer, the correct term is "My fault" and that IS the 80's way to say it.
(I call you Mr. Hammer because you are always so "proper".)
;)

No matter how hard you try Lou, you should know that 'you can't touch this' :cool:

http://www.celebritynooz.com/images2/mchammer-then.jpg

Rich_NYS
06-29-2014, 02:35 PM

Same here, trying to catch up. I've been off the air a few days.

What is the cliff-notes version...party at Lou's house in a few weeks and Bill will be there?
I'm ~200 miles north of LI, would be nice to see Bill again as long as Lou won't be trying to hump his leg the entire time. (J/K LOU!)

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Same here, trying to catch up. I've been off the air a few days.

What is the cliff-notes version...party at Lou's house in a few weeks and Bill will be there?
I'm ~200 miles north of LI, would be nice to see Bill again as long as Lou won't be trying to hump his leg the entire time. (J/K LOU!)

LOL :D

Yep, party at Lou's on the 12th/13th of July.

The purpose of the get together is to get Chad's new DeLorean loaded onto a trailer, and to just hang out / chill with everyone again.

I'm going to try and make it out there as well - will know for sure at the end of next week. Steve might go as well, but that all depends on the situation with his fiance. Bill hasn't confirmed yet for certain, but will possibly be going. If Bill does go, he may drag Sam Hill and Matt David with him. Otherwise, the only two who are solidly confirmed are Chad and Lou. I think that Lou may also round up some other LI owners such as Tom N, Dave D, etc.

Michael is the only one that has confirmed that he can NOT attend, unfortunately.

You're probably the closest of any of us, thus you had better be going Mr.... :cool:

Boo
06-29-2014, 02:54 PM
I may glorify Bill, I love to credit those who helped me the most. Bill, on the other hand, doesn't give me the time of day. I really do want him to test drive my car around 4500/5000 rpm to experience the power loss at that rev.
I invite Josh and any other Delorean owner who drives stick to test drive my car, its an open book. but it does have collector insurance just to note. The clutch is very vibratey upon release, but just be careful the brakes are low. They are all rebuilt and news except for the master cylinder. And they grab and stop, they are just low at first plunge. One pump and the pedal rises up. It also hasn't been driven in months, so the tires most probably have flat spots.

Rich_NYS
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
LOL :D

Yep, party at Lou's on the 12th/13th of July.

The purpose of the get together is to get Chad's new DeLorean loaded onto a trailer, and to just hang out / chill with everyone again.

I'm going to try and make it out there as well - will know for sure at the end of next week. Steve might go as well, but that all depends on the situation with his fiance. Bill hasn't confirmed yet for certain, but will possibly be going. If Bill does go, he may drag Sam Hill and Matt David with him. Otherwise, the only two who are solidly confirmed are Chad and Lou. I think that Lou may also round up some other LI owners such as Tom N, Dave D, etc.

Michael is the only one that has confirmed that he can NOT attend, unfortunately.

You're probably the closest of any of us, thus you had better be going Mr.... :cool:

Sounds like a good party. Would be great to see you guys again....I'll check my shedual.

BTW if you're flying, check flights into Albany, NY. If I drive down I'll pick you up on my way, yo.

Boo
06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Tom N. is a maybe. Dave never replied to my email (strange). Louis Costa is a most probably and Mike DeLuca is a most probably. I just hope I'm home to greet people but if not call my cell phone and if we are still loading Chads car ill meet you and you can follow me there. I may also be picking up Josh at JFK.

Josh, MacArthur is fine , but honestly I've lived here all my life (after Louisiana) and I don't know how to get to LaGuardia airport .

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a good party. Would be great to see you guys again....I'll check my shedual.

BTW if you're flying, check flights into Albany, NY. If I drive down I'll pick you up on my way, yo.

That's a good option - I'll definitely check it out and get back to you :cool:

Thanks Rich!

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Tom N. is a maybe. Dave never replied to my email (strange). Louis Costa is a most probably and Mike DeLuca is a most probably. I just hope I'm home to greet people but if not call my cell phone and if we are still loading Chads car ill meet you and you can follow me there. I may also be picking up Josh at JFK.

Josh, MacArthur is fine , but honestly I've lived here all my life (after Louisiana) and I don't know how to get to LaGuardia airport .

If I go, I will definitely be helping with putting Chad's car on the trailer.

I'll get it all figured out by the coming Friday and let you guys know :)

Boo
06-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Anyone driving here willing to pick up some $30-40 packs of mortars from a fireworks store like Phantom fireworks? That would be greatly appreciated. I understand the risk involved so I don't expect any takers on this but I just had to put it out there.

Boo
06-29-2014, 08:05 PM
So Josh has the option of riding in Rich's automatic DeLorean from Albany airport to my house, riding in either my manual Delorean or my manual Fiero from JFK or MacArthur (or LaGuardia if I can find it) to my house (willing I'm out of my boot by then) , but either way if Josh would like to get here for the trailer loading, he'd better arrive very early in the morning.
(Of course if Steve is coming and at the same time for pickup, Ill have to drove my Ford escape to fit them both at the same time). Hopefully Steve brings Drew and Farrar, then I'll need to make the pick up in my wife's minivan to fit everyone comfortably.

Rich_NYS
06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
So Josh has the option of riding in Rich's automatic DeLorean from Albany airport to my house, riding in either my manual Delorean or my manual Fiero from JFK or MacArthur (or LaGuardia if I can find it) to my house (willing I'm out of my boot by then) , but either way if Josh would like to get here for the trailer loading, he'd better arrive very early in the morning.
(Of course if Steve is coming and at the same time for pickup, Ill have to drove my Ford escape to fit them both at the same time). Hopefully Steve brings Drew and Farrar, then I'll need to make the pick up in my wife's minivan to fit everyone comfortably.

I'd like to drive my car down, but probably won't want to chance it....bit of a madhouse down there (no offense intended.) I'd likely rent a car & get the extra coverage -lol!

Boo
06-29-2014, 09:02 PM
I'd like to drive my car down, but probably won't want to chance it....bit of a madhouse down there (no offense intended.) I'd likely rent a car & get the extra coverage -lol!

Rich, you and Josh understand the traffic mayhem of lower ny. I have to agree with the manhattan part of Josh's rant, and I guess I've driven in Long Island enough to accept the haphazard drivers here too. I guess I'm just used to it.
And neither of you guys are offending me, I admit I'm a daydream, sight seer driver myself! Maybe not the typical on your ass Long Island driver, but my "style" is not helping things either.

Rich_NYS
06-29-2014, 09:32 PM
After all its late on a Saturday night and my cranky bitch neighbor just yelled at me for setting off ONE firework as the entire county is ringing in "booms" around us.

You have some real commies down there, people up here light fireworks year 'round....no joke. I randomly hear fireworks going off all year. There are fireworks displays in February in two different places near where I live and all summer long everywhere up here. Last month the summer camp nearby had a huge display for no apparent reason.

Those bombshell mortar things you mentioned are awesome, we lit some of those off in my yard a few years back.

NightFlyer
06-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I always thought it was funny how the term 'upstate' actually encompasses 97% of the total land mass of the entire state.

Boo
06-29-2014, 09:48 PM
I always thought it was funny how the term 'upstate' actually encompasses 97% of the total land mass of the entire state.

Yeah, it's anything north of manhattan.

Boo
06-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Those bombshell mortar things you mentioned are awesome, we lit some of those off in my yard a few years back.

I'm talking about the ones that come with the tube to launch then and they make an arial display, kind of like the professional ones, but on a smaller scale. I will pay back anyone who can bring some on their way, if they are going through Pennsylvania or Ohio that's where phantom fireworks are located. Fireworks.com is their website. I bought a few of the $20 6 packs and they are cool . They had a $20 whistling 7 Pack and those are really nice. If I go again, I'm gonna try for the $40 and $50 packs , they are all buy one get one free at phantom fireworks. All the ones I have left will be gone during the 4th of July party at my house this Friday. Again, I understand its a lot to ask since its a risk involved if you get your car searched, so I'm really not expecting anything.

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Would be good to see Matt Barney in LI next Saturday.....

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Would be good to see Matt Barney in LI next Saturday.....

Yes it would, but he's somewhere in Ohio I believe, thus it's not really feasible for him to make the trip out. Hell, it's not really feasible for me to be considering it, but as you all know, I'm just a little crazy/eccentric :cool:

I'll shoot him a PM over on Talk inviting him to the party.

Boo
07-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Any one coming from or through Ohio, pick up a bunch of $30-40 packs of mortar fireworks at phantom fireworks, its buy me get one free and ill pay you for them. It's just the risk of transporting them I think no one wants to take. And some cases of non colored sparklers for the youngins please. Phantoms own whistling buster mortars are nice($20-30 for a packof seven) and some slightly more expensive packs would be nice too!

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Any one coming from or through Ohio, pick up a bunch of $30-40 packs of mortar fireworks at phantom fireworks, its buy me get one free and ill pay you for them. It's just the risk of transporting them I think no one wants to take. And some cases of non colored sparklers for the youngins please. Phantoms own whistling buster mortars are nice($20-30 for a packof seven) and some slightly more expensive packs would be nice too!

IF I end up coming, and IF I end up driving out, I'll pick some up for you.

Boo
07-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks Josh, if you go to fireworks.com they show you store locations. I know there's on in Ohio right off route 80. I went there and brought some back without issue.

Boo
07-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd like to try to get a head count of how many people will be coming at least a few days prior so I can be prepared to feed everyone.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I am getting an ominous Revenge of the Nerds vibe from this whole thing. May have to forego the weekend lest it put a permanent dent in my community standing.

Bill Robertson

Boo
07-01-2014, 04:22 PM
:rolleyes: How did I know bill was gonna back out?

Boo
07-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Bill, if anything it can only help your popularity.

Dracula
07-01-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't know, Bill, I don't think it's possible for your standing to get any lower; if memory serves, you're the only person banned from the DML and DMCTalk, at odds with multiple vendors, the target of the ire of self-proclaimed experts* in the DeLorean community, and the inspiration for an anti carburetion campaign; perpetrated primarily by non-owners.

If anything, we should be afraid of being seen with you. After all, "You're a sinking ship, Robertson,"** and, "YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!!!!!"**

*The term expert, as used in this case, has no backing and, while used sincerely by the individual to describe himself, should be read with noted sarcasm.

**The individual that these quotes come from has been repeatedly accused of improper conduct in his business and has failed to live up to his own claim of being an expert in performance and has failed to complete a performance build, despite professing to be an authority in the field.

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I am getting an ominous Revenge of the Nerds vibe from this whole thing.

Bill Robertson

So, in other words, you'd fit right in :D

Boo
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
One PM from me to ask Bill if he is coming and he publicly backs out.
I just don't get it. :confused:
After all I'm the only one with a car that publicly advertises for him.

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 04:39 PM
If anything, we should be afraid of being seen with you. After all, "You're a sinking ship, Robertson," and, "YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!!!!!"

About time that the truth is finally coming out on this forum :p

We all LOVE Bill, and Bill knows it. :)

Boglin
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Suspicion is telling me that Bill has a new girlfriend he wants to spend his weekends with.

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
One PM from me to ask Bill if he is coming and he publicly backs out.
I just don't get it. :confused:
After all I'm the only one with a car that publicly advertises for him.

Remember, Bill didn't join the Today room share at DCS because he thought that someone already in it was going to be an asshole, and that person wasn't you....

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Suspicion is telling me that Bill has a new girlfriend he wants to spend his weekends with.

That's the funniest thing I've read so far this year - thanks! :p

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-01-2014, 05:02 PM
At least I have the balls to publicly admit I couldn't attract hot chics with a flashing neon "Vacancy" sign on my forehead.

I never said I was backing out -- I'm just getting a real bad vibe that the cool kids are going to laugh at us.

Bill Robertson

Dracula
07-01-2014, 05:06 PM
At least I have the balls to publicly admit I couldn't attract hot chics with a flashing neon "Vacancy" sign on my forehead.

I never said I was backing out -- I'm just getting a real bad vibe that the cool kids are going to laugh at us.

Bill Robertson

But on this site, we ARE the "cool kids."

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 05:13 PM
But on this site, we ARE the "cool kids."

I'm going to take that a step further and say that in this community (of all owners, generally speaking), we are the 'cool kids.' :)

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 05:17 PM

Well that's just not true - I saw you talking to some pretty hot chicks at DCS :)

Boo
07-01-2014, 05:31 PM
The "cool kids" have been laughing at us since day one. Personally, I pride myself on it. :cool:
The "cool kids" are about as worrisome as a cloudy day.
Can I get an "Amen" Michael?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Well that's just not true - I saw you talking to some pretty hot chicks at DCS :)

Doesn't count -- Claudia Wells was two steps past drunk.

Bill Robertson

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 05:43 PM

Bill Robertson

I laugh at the cool kids.

Boo
07-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Honestly Bill, if it wasnt for us "nerds", where would you be? On a checker cab or AMC forum?
We are your true homies!

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Honestly Bill, if it wasnt for us "nerds", where would you be? On a checker cab or AMC forum?

Yea, things could be worse (honest to goodness Checker fan from an honest to goodness Checker forum):

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Yea, things could be worse (honest to goodness Checker fan from an honest to goodness Checker forum):

Bill Robertson

WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPHzl9yk6OM

Dracula
07-01-2014, 06:19 PM
To be fair, I've seen a lot of DeLorean owners in stupider poses; never before have I seen so many people being surprised by the fact that they're not wearing a watch.

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
To be fair, I've seen a lot of DeLorean owners in stupider poses; never before have I seen so many people being surprised by the fact that they're not wearing a watch.

Roger that.

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Face it Bill, We Complete You.

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:27 PM
And no-one else in your life has ever shown you as much love as I do. Not even..well..I won't go there.

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 06:39 PM
And no-one else in your life has ever shown you as much love as I do. Not even..well..I won't go there.

Is that yet another gay joke from your un-PC ass Lou? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_47Z9NolAI

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 06:43 PM

For the record, I've NEVER done that.

But a lady did ask me to pose seductively in front of my car upon first arriving at DCS on Thursday, thus I was going to do the pose suggested in Section S of the workshop manual (the first page, and not the second, as there's no way I'd be jumping up and down on top of my car), but she wanted me standing, so I politely obliged, because that's what I do :)

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Who are the cool kids Bill is talking about?

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Is that yet another gay joke from your un-PC ass Lou? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_47Z9NolAI

I don't think so?!?

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:54 PM

The "Talk.org" crowd. In one sentence Bill says they can kiss his ass but then he worries about them laughing at him. As if they haven't been laughing at all of us while looking at their unused Deloreans in their garages. Or as they watch their Delorean be loaded onto a trailer to be brought to a show.
I think our actions speak for themselves over here.

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 06:55 PM

Who knows, but Bill's obsession with them has me wondering if this isn't going to be his next automotive purchase....

http://isoundmyyawp.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/free-candy-van.jpg

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't think so?!?

So you like getting the 'cornbread'.... :p

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:58 PM
And when it comes to Josh and his concours. The fact that he actually DRIVES it speaks volumes. And also proudly puts him in our misfit group.
Here's to Josh's 30 year old tires, coolant hoses and coolant bottle.

Boo
07-01-2014, 06:59 PM
So you like getting the 'cornbread'.... :p

I wish I understood these things..... But maybe I'm better off not understanding.
:rolleyes:

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I wish I understood these things..... But maybe I'm better off not understanding.

I'm just playing with ya :p

stevedmc
07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I ride the short bus.

Boo
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm just playing with ya :p

That's ok... I just honestly don't get it . :)

Boo
07-01-2014, 07:09 PM
We ALL ride the short bus. THIS IS THE SHORT BUS !
And Bill is the driver ! :o
LOL
We don't call him captain carburater for nothin' !

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 07:10 PM
The "Talk.org" crowd. In one sentence Bill says they can kiss his ass but then he worries about them laughing at him. As if they haven't been laughing at all of us while looking at their unused Deloreans in their garages. Or as they watch their Delorean be loaded onto a trailer to be brought to a show.
I think our actions speak for themselves over here.

Oh, ok....I got it now, thanks. Must be only certain members you're referring to, there's a lot of us who are on both forums.

Boo
07-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Yeah but if you're on this forum you are on the short bus.
We are the short bus! And at least I'm proud of it. You guys can pull my chain as much as you like but ill keep showing the love. As Snoop Dogg said "Ain't no love for the other side."

Boo
07-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Looks like it may be just you and me chad.... Hey what can I say? I tried.

Dracula
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM

At least I'll have good company.

Boo
07-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks man, thanks for the compliment.

Rich_NYS
07-01-2014, 10:51 PM

Are you talking about the 12th? I'm still planning to be there unless I have to work...what did I miss?

If there's gonna be a video of guys lifting a Delorean, I want to be in it yo!

NightFlyer
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Bill is just waiting until my plans are solid before he commits to being there ;)

I'll know for sure on Friday.

Dracula
07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Are you talking about the 12th? I'm still planning to be there unless I have to work...what did I miss?

If there's gonna be a video of guys lifting a Delorean, I want to be in it yo!

The 12th is a go and I'll be glad to have any help possible.

Boo
07-02-2014, 09:10 AM
I was under the impression Bill wanted to come to "tie up loose ends" with chad. He mentioned the homemade manifold I have of his, and the fiero manifold.
He also mentioned test driving my car, which I hope he can do.

Josh really screeched tires off the line? Maybe his car is faster than mine. I've never done that, but I'm admittidly NOT a great driver.

And lastly, what Delorean gathering ISN'T a nerd convention? I think the Today crowd is the least nerdy of them all!

Boo
07-02-2014, 09:10 AM
The 12th is a go and I'll be glad to have any help possible.

Ill sure be here! Kinda hard for me not to be :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I was under the impression Bill wanted to come to "tie up loose ends" with chad. He mentioned the homemade manifold I have of his, and the fiero manifold.
He also mentioned test driving my car, which I hope he can do.

I'm driving the service truck, so I'll have tools & hardware as necessary. I'll bring a blocked off power valve to test drive on your car.

Do you still have the throttle cable bracket for that fabricated manifold?

Bill Robertson

Boo
07-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Ill have to check the manifold. Happy you are coming Bill! Hopefully
You will arrive early for the car trailering part.

I should try some smaller jets too. But I havent bought any yet. If its not trouble for you to pick them up ill gladly pay you for them. I also don't know what size is on my Peugot manifold carb right now. But I think it runs a but rich. I honestly have t touched the car in a few months, except to redo the decals.

Boo
07-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd also love to finish off my Ground bus. Do I smell a tech session coming on?

Boo
07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I want my car to be as "Robertson Reliable" as possible !

Boo
07-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Yay! If Bill comes, he can bring MattDavid and we can taste his ass! (That didn't sound right)
Matt, I'll leave it to you to clarify that one.

Boo
07-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Don't forget to bring local microbrews if you can.

Boo
07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Bill, you are certainly not going to like driving in my car with no ac. But all I need to complete my r134 conversion is a vaccum pull, compressor oil(not that I ever drained it) And a refrigerant charge. If you could bring the necessary equipment and materials, ill gladly pay you back for the refrigerant and oil. Big lots by me says $7 a can for refrigerant and I can see today if they have it in stock. Ill be near the store for another 2 hours. It's 3:15 now. If you don't have any please let me know how many cans to get and what exact type(if they carry more than one type) and ill pick that up. But ill still need guages/hoses and a vacuum pump and the oil if I need that too.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
First & foremost: what are you using for 134 adapters? You want steel NAPA adapters with built in schrader valves, not aluminum adapters with pins that press on the original schrader valves. Don't forget to remove your original schrader valves before screwing the NAPA adapters on.

Buy the cheapest 134 charging hose you can find and use it to make a pressurizing/vacuuming hose (cut the quick connect off and stick hose barbs in as necessary). Pressurize the system with compressed air or pull a vacuum with engine vacuum and see if either holds. If your system leaks you'll just be pissing in the wind pulling a vacuum and recharging with freon.

Bill Robertson

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 02:55 PM
If I'm able to make it, I can bring some stuff for A/C work, including a few complimentary cans of 134 for the host of the party.

Boo
07-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Rich I don't mind paying you for the cans, do you have a pump and hoses/guages?
I just don't have the time/ resources/ and ingenuity to make the thing bill is talking about.

Won't pulling a vacuum and seeing if it holds see if its still leaking? I can't see how it would still leak with all new components( condenser., evaporator. Accumulator)

Boo
07-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I have whatever valves Tom Neiland put on my car. I really don't know but I know he doesn't use cheap stuff.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Josh really screeched tires off the line? Maybe his car is faster than mine. I've never done that, but I'm admittidly NOT a great driver.

My car always had pretty good torque for great (relatively speaking of course) off-the-line launches/response, however, I've never driven it in the optimal horsepower band (around 5,500 RPM), thus I don't know what it's top end performance would be like (when I raced Rich at the track, I erroneously shifted into 4th before even getting close to the HP sweet spot of our PRVs - drove it like I was on the interstate instead of a drag strip).

Any cheap tracks on Long Island (I doubt it, as the land values would make it cost prohibitive, but you never know).

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Bill, you are certainly not going to like driving in my car with no ac. But all I need to complete my r134 conversion is a vaccum pull, compressor oil(not that I ever drained it) And a refrigerant charge. If you could bring the necessary equipment and materials, ill gladly pay you back for the refrigerant and oil. Big lots by me says $7 a can for refrigerant and I can see today if they have it in stock. Ill be near the store for another 2 hours. It's 3:15 now. If you don't have any please let me know how many cans to get and what exact type(if they carry more than one type) and ill pick that up. But ill still need guages/hoses and a vacuum pump and the oil if I need that too.

IF I come, and IF I end up driving out, I'll bring all my A/C tools, except my air compressor, as that would be a little difficult.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Don't forget to bring local microbrews if you can.

You don't want me doing this, as I don't drink (at all), and thus would probably end up bringing something on par with Milwaukee's Best and Busch Light (which my drinking friends tell me are the worst of the worst when it comes to beer).

I do sodas and kool-aid :cool:

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Won't pulling a vacuum and seeing if it holds see if its still leaking? I can't see how it would still leak with all new components( condenser., evaporator. Accumulator)

It's the process of taking the old apart and installing new that usually results in one having a leaky system, more times than not.

In my best Bill, of course - can I get an Amen, Farrar?

Boo
07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
It's the process of taking the old apart and installing new that usually results in one having a leaky system, more times than not.

In my best Bill, of course - can I get an Amen, Farrar?
Yeah but Tom helped me with it so I really doubt it's leaky, is t it worth a try?

Also, Josh, I can give you a list of beer brands to get ... My friend is a microbrew connesiour.

Just let me know what town you are in. But if you are coming, please get the mortar fireworks too.

I have a compressor but I already flushed my system anyway.

Dracula
07-02-2014, 05:00 PM
You don't want me doing this, as I don't drink (at all), and thus would probably end up bringing something on par with Milwaukee's Best and Busch Light (which my drinking friends tell me are the worst of the worst when it comes to beer).

I do sodas and kool-aid :cool:

I'm the same, which is why I asked Louis what to buy.

I'm not much for drinking and my favorite, when I do, is a Sloe Gin Fizz.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Yeah but Tom helped me with it so I really doubt it's leaky, is t it worth a try?

Also, Josh, I can give you a list of beer brands to get ... My friend is a microbrew connesiour.

Definitely worth a try as long as you're using cheap refrigerant :)

I'll just stick with what I know and bring some sodas or something, if that's OK :)

Boo
07-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Anythings ok ... Just come!

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Rich I don't mind paying you for the cans, do you have a pump and hoses/guages?
I just don't have the time/ resources/ and ingenuity to make the thing bill is talking about.

I have a vaccum pump, manifold/gauges/hoses & adapters I borrowed from a friend. This weekend I'll be reviewing Bill & Steve's Youtube video and expect to become really familiar with the stuff.

I'll bring some kinda microbrew if I come.....I have a beer connoisseur friend who will steer me in the right direction.

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Anythings ok ... Just come!

They don't drink, so they'll each bring a big bag of pot.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 06:09 PM
They don't drink, so they'll each bring a big bag of pot.

I was just going to pull one of the kilos of cocaine out of my car's door panels...

Boo
07-02-2014, 07:20 PM
That would be good, my car didnt come with the "snow tire" option. LOL

But I wouldn't turn away a nice bag of pot. :)
I did quit about 5 months ago but this is a special occasion.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
That would be good, my car didnt come with the "snow tire" option. LOL

But I wouldn't turn away a nice bag of pot. :)
I did quit about 5 months ago but this is a special occasion.

No, no, no - we're not going there :rolleyes:

Dracula
07-02-2014, 08:05 PM
No, no, no - we're not going there :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. Never tried the stuff, never will. It's just not my thing.

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
No ecstasy for Lou either - at least not while Bill is around anyway :p

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 08:43 PM
no ecstasy for lou either - at least not while bill is around anyway :p

hahahaha!

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 09:06 PM
You have some real commies down there, people up here light fireworks year 'round....no joke. I randomly hear fireworks going off all year.

e.g. I can hear fireworks right now.

Dead Lesbian Goat
07-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Lou on ecstasy talking to Bill and Michael on Today....What would that look like?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4793192/angry-german-kid-gif-o.gif

Boo
07-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I can see I'm very highly regarded here on DMC Today.com

NightFlyer
07-02-2014, 09:26 PM
I can see I'm very highly regarded here on DMC Today.com

We're just playing Lou - we do LOVE you :)

And as no else has said it yet, THANKS for being so willing and accommodating to hosting this get together - that's very AWESOME of you and your family :)

Rich_NYS
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM
And as no else has said it yet, THANKS for being so willing and accommodating to hosting this get together - that's very AWESOME of you and your family :)

Yes...completely awesome.

Dracula
07-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Louis has been exceptionally kind throughout the entire process. The pictures of the DeLorean; taken by Louis. I owe him immensely for everything he's done; be it going out of his way to take pictures, assisting me with the seller, providing good advice that saved me a couple hundred dollars, and more than I can think of.

That's the type of camaraderie that amazes me about the DeLorean community and the reason I like to attend DeLorean events.

Boo
07-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Louis has been exceptionally kind throughout the entire process. The pictures of the DeLorean; taken by Louis. I owe him immensely for everything he's done; be it going out of his way to take pictures, assisting me with the seller, providing good advice that saved me a couple hundred dollars, and more than I can think of.

That's the type of camaraderie that amazes me about the DeLorean community and the reason I like to attend DeLorean events.
Thank you for the kind words. I try to do what I can for people, albeit not much with this damn boot on my leg. But there are a lot of things I'm not comfortable doing and I'd rather leave up to the experts, I get the impression that's why Bill doesn't think that much of me.

Boglin
07-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Ive actually found Bill thinks the most of people who are nice. Were you an asshole to Bill lately??? Tell the truth, Lou!!!

Boo
07-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Ive actually found Bill thinks the most of people who are nice. Were you an asshole to Bill lately??? Tell the truth, Lou!!!

What you see is what you get. I PMd Bill once to ask him why he ignores my PMs and asked what I did wrong, and I got told to lay off my narcotics. (Not that I take any that is)
I guess I'll never know.
Maybe it's because Bill dyed my carpets for me and then saw that I bought a Fiero. That's all I can think of, but it wasn't a money thing. It was, again, me asking the expert to do it so it comes out perfect thing. When I saw what he paid for shipping, I sent him a check for a bit more. When he shipped me the door panels I asked and asked about how much the shipping for this was and never got a straight answer. I have no problem paying Bill for the shipping and for his efforts, and I sent him a token of my appreciation other than a check, but I really don't know what I can do. I'm sure he'll just shrug off the situation anyway.
I wasn't on his list of carbed cat drivers, although I did remove the cat eventually but not because I was afraid it was gonna get clogged from the carb, but because I put headers on.
Remember, maybe its just because I'm that woman with the sledgehammer. ;)

Boo
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
He used to say I was the most un-assuming person, whatever that means. But I don't think he feels that way anymore. He used to think I couldn't do any work on my car and that my father did the work on my car, which is not true at all. But I told him that and he said he lumped me into a category of young-ins whose fathers do the work of their cars. I just felt that (while doing the ground bus) I'd rather have Bill the expert perform certain tasks that I might mess up having never done them before, like soldering portions. (I've never had luck soldering and always made a mess without good results) You'd have to ask Bill, maybe he'll tell you being that he won't tell me.

Boo
07-03-2014, 07:39 AM
When he saw my decal with "Robertson Equipped" he seemed proud and took a picture of it and sent it to Steve I remember.
I'm kinda insulted that he thought I was going to sell Chad his homemade manifold and keep the money, he jumped right on to claim it as being his, which I've never argued. I even kept on him about sending it back to him and he was supposed to tell me exactly when but never did. I dunno. It is what it is, I still like and respect Bill very much, and I will always stick up for him as I feel he is THE most knowledgable Delorean owner that Ive ever heard of.

stevedmc
07-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Bill and Lou sittin in a tree, k i s s i n g...

Boo
07-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Oh please...

Steve, are you gonna make it up here for the 12th of July? (kinda sounds like a holiday)

Boglin
07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Lou, if Bill was a puppy, sitting in your lap there right now, tell us what you would do to him to make him like you. Please use the name "Bill" and not "puppy" in your description.

Boo
07-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Matt, put your clothes back on. That's just weird.

Boo
07-03-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm done with this. Just let it be how it is. As I've said before, it is what it is. No big deal, really.

stevedmc
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM
I don't know yet. Sorry sir.

Boo
07-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Anyone who is coming next weekend , please PM me or write it here as I'd like to get a head count so as to have enough eats. I Have two racks of ribs so far and some soda and beers. I can always run to the grocery store around the corner but I know the day is gonna fly by and I'd like to have everything ready before hand. Thanks.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Before anybody gives me any crap about not loving them enough to drive through 6 states to visit them:

I just spent $350 on tires for the service truck so I can safely make the trip. That said, these are $200 tires I got on clearance for $160: 265/75-16 Load Range E (3,400 lbs per tire):

Big ass heavy duty tires Made in USA:

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Big ass heavy duty tires Made in USA:

Nice looking tires! :cool:

But if the old ones were 50 years old or less, I probably would have just had them re-capped :p

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I am sure the belts are fine. They've only got 2 of them (steel), so they're probably the size of bridge cables.

The truck needs a new spare. If you remember, the old spare blew up last month while laying in the summer Sun (you Yankees have no concept of Southern Sun). That's they safety issue I'm facing -- no spare. One of the replaced tires will transition into spare service.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Bill's drive will be 607 miles one way.

If I drive, my drive will be 733 miles one way.

That's quite a distance for a one day get together - I'd say that we both must love Lou and Chad to even be considering it :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Since nobody's said anything about overpriced motels on the island itself:

I made a reservation at the Motel 6 in Piscataway. I've been there before -- it's a nice property. Right next to 440, about 1-1.5 hours from Baldwin. My intention is to stop off on the way up Friday night, then again on the way back Saturday night. It's a double so there's room for more if necessary. If Steve's flying up I can pick him up at any of the airports along the I-95 corridor (JFK excluded -- Piscataway is two tolls to the south).

Bill Robertson

Boglin
07-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Guys dont be fooled by Bill's distractions. He put new tires, but the truck likely needs a head gasket (or worse), and you guys will be doing it in an EconoLodge parking lot!

Its called the service truck because it needs frequent service!

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Since nobody's said anything about overpriced motels on the island itself:

I made a reservation at the Motel 6 in Piscataway. I've been there before -- it's a nice property. Right next to 440, about 1-1.5 hours from Baldwin. My intention is to stop off on the way up Friday night, then again on the way back Saturday night. It's a double so there's room for more if necessary. If Steve's flying up I can pick him up at any of the airports along the I-95 corridor (JFK excluded -- Piscataway is two tolls to the south).

Bill Robertson

I haven't bid on anything yet because I'm still not sure if I can even make the trip or not - I should know for sure tomorrow.

I was only planning on a room for Saturday night.

Are you able to cancel your reservation for Saturday without penalty?

I'm only wondering because if I do bid on a room on the island, I'd still want to share it with you, Chad, and anyone else who would want to share it. That way, we could also all do breakfast together with Lou and who ever else on Sunday morning if we wanted to without having to spend an hour getting back on the island.

I may be interested in sharing your room on Friday night though - that's not a bad idea.

I'll know more for certain by tomorrow.

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Guys dont be fooled by Bill's distractions. He put new tires, but the truck likely needs a head gasket (or worse), and you guys will be doing it in an EconoLodge parking lot!

Its called the service truck because it needs frequent service!

What do you mean you guys - I thought Bill was picking you up on the way and dragging you along for all the fun :cool:

Boo
07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Nobody has to love me and no one is required to come up here. I just thought it would be nice. I do realize the lengthy driving for one day, but if I remember correctly Bill did come up once to help with my ground bus, because I already installed the carb kit without issue. And then once again for a LIDMCNY get together where Bill and I messed with our cars the whole time. Both were one day events. I just don't understand why Bill doesn't directly answer my posts or PMs, it has nothing to do with him coming here or not.
I don't know what people, are expecting for their lengthy drives, I hope I don't disappoint anyone. Like I said all I have to offer is a pool, hot tub, my Delorean and Fiero to look at and mess with, a BBQ and a toilet. (now that my paddle boat broke). My regular boat MAY be operable but it all depends on how much I can do once I get this boot taken off. (That is IF it comes off next week)

Boo
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I thought Bill was picking up Matt on the way if he came. I was hoping to get a piece of Matt's ass. WOW ! That sure didnt come out right! :o

Maybe it's me saying things like that that prompted Matt's puppy dog on the lap ideas.

Boo
07-03-2014, 04:15 PM
I can pick people up from JFK, hopefully one at a time so they can get a ride in my Fiero or Delorean. (Given my foot isn't still in this damn boot.)

Boglin
07-03-2014, 04:19 PM
I would go, Lou, but I am very busy this month, and traveling to Europe shortly.

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't know what people, are expecting for their lengthy drives, I hope I don't disappoint anyone. Like I said all I have to offer is a pool, hot tub, my Delorean and Fiero to look at and mess with, a BBQ and a toilet. (now that my paddle boat broke). My regular boat MAY be operable but it all depends on how much I can do once I get this boot taken off. (That is IF it comes off next week)

I thought you were going to have a private concert for us with Mick Jagger and David Bowie - WTF Lou???

No one is expecting anything - we're just coming to meet-up and hang-out.

Although, I'm expecting the pool to be something a little better than this...

http://theechonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/collegehumor.47c46eca27f69311fb7d025914520a87-300x255.jpg

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I would go, Lou, but I am very busy this month, and traveling to Europe shortly.

Excuses, excuses... :p

Boo
07-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Here's what I have to offer.

Thank you for righting the photos!

Boo
07-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Believe me you don't want to see what the bottom of my foot looks like!

Rich_NYS
07-03-2014, 05:45 PM
If I come down, I'm in for a room share.

Boo
07-03-2014, 05:47 PM
How is it Friday? What time zone are YOU in? :)

I think I scared off Matt with my talk about his smoked Pork butt. He knew what I meant but he is either pissed about the puppy thing or he thinks I want him. ;)

Rich_NYS
07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
How is it Friday? What time zone are YOU in? :)

In a timezone of my own, apparently -LOL!

I'm watching the news right now...you stayin' safe down there?

Boo
07-03-2014, 05:57 PM
My kids just got out of the pool and my wife just finished mowing the lawn, I'm lounging with this aching foot. No storm yet but the clouds just rolled in.
Michael's wife might make him sammiches, but mine mows the lawn. ;)
Hey I told her I would, but she told me to rest and insisted. Man I got a lot of work to do once this boot is off !

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 06:45 PM
If I come down, I'm in for a room share.

SWEET!

Just like DCS, the more the merrier! :)

Dracula
07-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Ok. I'm in on the room share.

Boo
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm in too .... Wait a minute ... I live here! ;)

Boo
07-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Is this Bills room off of 440 or a Long Island room? I could come and hang to continue the party at the hotel.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Makes more sense to wrap up the party on Long Island and let people use whichever motel on their ways home.

If Motel 6 in Piscataway it is, I recommend Josh drop down on I-287 through Morristown. I've driven that road before -- very fast rural interstate. Only weirdness is a couple of townships that have zoned away gas stations -- look for gas station signs at the exits (don't assume a developed area with a million restaurants and motels will have gas stations too).

440 is also I-278, which would be a good way for Chad to get to I-78, thence I-81.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Is this Bills room off of 440 or a Long Island room? I could come and hang to continue the party at the hotel.

As I'm following things, Bill has a reservation at the Motel 6 off 440 in Jersey (yeah, I'm like you New York guys now calling it Jersey - pretty soon, I'll end up as part of the bridge and tunnel crowd) for Friday and Saturday night. If I make the trip, I'll probably end up shacking up with him there on Friday night. But for Saturday, I'm going to try to get a cheap room on the island fairly close to your crib by naming my own price on Priceline and seeing if any of the hotels will accept it (I've previously received Hyatt-Regency level rooms for as low as $50 on a weekend night that way). That way, we could easily all go to breakfast on Sunday morning with you if we wanted to before leaving, and also don't have to worry about an hour drive on Saturday night to our hotel room. If that works out, then hopefully Bill can cancel his Saturday reservation at Motel 6 without penalty and join us in the room on the island.

So, that's the plan at this point.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 07:55 PM
I do not have GPS, and I'm not in a big hurry to get lost on Long Island (when DMA did Fall Foliage on Long Island, even people with GPS made wrong turns). Across the bottom is pretty normal, but once you go into the middle of the island roads get crazy.

Remember that Chad is going to be dragging a car trailer behind him. The sooner he gets out of New York traffic, the better. Sunset shouldn't pose too much problem because it's straight as an arrow. Parkway around JFK will be bonkers. On ramp to the Verrazano Narrows bridge is pretty steep -- hopefully Chad's got a good tow vehicle. After that he'll be home free.

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
There's an IHOP right down the street from the Motel 6.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 07:59 PM
There's an IHOP right down the street from the Motel 6.

Bill Robertson

That's always a good thing :)

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Well, what are other people's thoughts about the room for Saturday night - would on the island or an hour into Jersey be better?

If everyone says Jersey, then I won't bother looking into getting a room on the island.

NightFlyer
07-03-2014, 08:09 PM
If Motel 6 in Piscataway it is, I recommend Josh drop down on I-287 through Morristown. I've driven that road before -- very fast rural interstate. Only weirdness is a couple of townships that have zoned away gas stations -- look for gas station signs at the exits (don't assume a developed area with a million restaurants and motels will have gas stations too).

Definitely will be joining you there on Friday night. I'll probably drop down Fed Rt 206 to I-287, as I'll be coming from I-80 (primarily to avoid the turnpike fees on I-78, not to mention that I-80 knocks 20 miles off the trip vs I-78).

Rich_NYS
07-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Well, what are other people's thoughts about the room for Saturday night - would on the island or an hour into Jersey be better?

If everyone says Jersey, then I won't bother looking into getting a room on the island.

I prefer to stay out of Jersey, but I'm OK with whichever is the least hassle(especially for Chad.) It sounds like Bill & Lou have the most familiarity.....they can probably make the most informed decision.

Boo
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Talking about a hotel? I really don't know of anything on Long Island that's not a rip off.

Everything here is a rip off. I want to move out of here but my wife won't go.

Boo
07-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Hey Bill, that hurricane is right over NC tonight I see. Are you feeling it ?

Boo
07-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Can I please get a list going here of people who are definitely coming next Saturday? Maybe we can even make this an annual event. Every summer I will host a DMC Today gathering. Maybe even two each summer? I'm up for it! I don't offer this forum much so the least I can do is offer my pool and Hottub once or twice a summer!
Thank you guys! And thank you for everything you all do to bruise my ego! LOL !

NightFlyer
07-06-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm still not sure, but should know by Wednesday at the latest - it all depends on my work schedule (which is currently chaotic due to a co-worker who was recently indefinitely leaved while he battles with spinal meningitis).

Rich_NYS
07-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm planning to be there, but my situation is similar to Josh's; I sometimes don't know one day to the next (e.g. I got called in today.)

As the weekend gets closer, I'll have a better indication. In the meantime, I'm making plans to be there; I have a microbrewery picked out (6 miles from here,) air cleaner box thing is pulled out and in plain view (so I don't forget it,) I have some firecrackers available (to rile your neighbors,) and tonite I'll check Netflix to see if Misery is available (to mentally prepare myself.)

NightFlyer
07-06-2014, 08:45 PM
...and tonite I'll check Netflix to see if Misery is available (to mentally prepare myself.)

LOL! That was good :cool:

Boglin
07-06-2014, 10:37 PM
If you guys aren't back online in a few days afterward, I'll send the sheriff over to check the basement!

stevedmc
07-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm 99.99% sure I won't be able to make this one. But the good news is I promised to give the fiance a tour of New York. I don't like doing tourist stuff during the summer. There are just too many crowds and prices are too high. I plan to take her to New York sometime in the fall. Does Lou have any tech sessions scheduled in September? It would be awesome to double dip and have a Delorean thingie the same time as our trip.

NightFlyer
07-06-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm 99.99% sure I won't be able to make this one. But the good news is I promised to give the fiance a tour of New York. I don't like doing tourist stuff during the summer. There are just too many crowds and prices are too high. I plan to take her to New York sometime in the fall. Does Lou have any tech sessions scheduled in September? It would be awesome to double dip and have a Delorean thingie the same time as our trip.

Ron sucks!

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 12:21 AM
If you guys aren't back online in a few days afterward, I'll send the sheriff over to check the basement!

That's a good plan :)

NightFlyer
07-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Bill already confirmed on the restoration thread, if I'm not mistaken - he has new tires for the service truck and a motel reservation :)

Rich_NYS
07-08-2014, 01:29 PM
What's the itinerary for Saturday?

Boo
07-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Rich, and anyone else planning on coming. We will be meeting at my house whenever Chad arrive in the morning (preferably in the morning) and heading two towns over (about 2 miles ) to east Rockaway to start loading the car onto the trailer (main event) then we will head back to my house and mess with cars (tech session) and do test drives and basically hang around and have BBQ/pool/jacuzzi time. Tom N. and Dave D. Are supposedly coming by at 3, but that's really the only "time" I know of for anything. Rick R. and Mike DeLuca can't make it and I haven't gotten any confirmation from the Louis' (costas) as of yet.
I know it doesn't sound like fun fun fun! , but we will make it what we can!
If it rains and we can't BBQ, Ill treat everyone to the "Flaming Grill" all you can eat sushi and Chinese Buffett up the block for dinner. They have fountain sodas but sorry Bill no CheerWine up northern here.

Boo
07-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm open to any other ideas.