PDA

View Full Version : Caution: Bus Killer at Work

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Just drove a field trip for the church. As part of my legally required pre-trip inspection (*THERE'S* a novel concept...) I discovered that the entire driver's box was dead (marker lights, windshield wipers, ventilation fans, etc). Problem is the solenoid that powers it -- it's getting a trigger signal OK and has 12v in, just isn't throwing/making contact. Solenoids do that with age.

Pointed this out to the director of schools. She replied that Jackson's Diesel is aware of the problem -- just hasn't been able to fix it yet. Asked her how long it's been like this: a couple of months.

The Bus Killer has been picking up children every day without functioning windshield wipers. I can almost see the marker lights since it's a daylight run (technically illegal), but you do need windshield wipers -- it does rain from time to time.

It was about a million degrees today, so I ran a fused jumper to the driver fan switch.

The Great & Glorious James Jackson had the audacity to yell at me in the church parking lot that I am a mechanical menace, yet he can't see fit to buy a damn solenoid (and run a series of fused jumpers in the interim). The only reason he has the church's maintenance contract in the first place is because he was running around town telling people that Trinity's vehicles were unsafe -- basically blackmail (apparently the church is too stupid to see that). They also seem to think that James farts roses, despite the fact he started his own business *AFTER* being fired by the school bus garage.

Anyway, the Bus Killer is blithely driving around with an electrically dead bus body (engine oil was also three quarts low, coolant was 1/2 gallon low, and tire pressures were all over that map: from 10 PSI low to 10PSI over) and the "professional" mechanic who gets paid every month to prevent this foolishness sees no reason to intervene.

[/END RANT]

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
06-11-2014, 03:33 PM
WOW - that leaves me speechless....

Anyway, you need to cancel your room at DCS and join the Today room :)

Boo
06-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Church folk are often not very smart, and they think they are holier than thou. Always a dangerous combination.

NightFlyer
06-11-2014, 05:16 PM
... and they think they are holier than thou.

Everyone here knows that only Michael is holier than thou :)

Boo
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Everyone here knows that only Michael is holier than thou :)

Typical church folk.

Remember what Mark Twain said.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

Case closed.

Boo
06-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Another fine thread derailment courtesy of your friends at DMC Today.

Boo
06-11-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm sure Bill no longer thinks I'm "The most unassuming person" like he used to say about me. Do ya Bill?
*Remember, still not on any pain meds. In fact I'm even stopping my Zegerid heartburn med so my body will absorb calcium again and heal this damn fibula. 2 weeks went by with no healing progress. The omerprazole inhibits calcium absorption. I'd rather have a burning stomach and esophagus for a bit to make my bone heal so I can walk again.

NightFlyer
06-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Another fine thread derailment courtesy of your friends at DMC Today.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3ODg5ODk4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0NDA0MQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Duplicate Account
06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Out of the goodness of his heart, my Dad did the same for the church: fixed and drive the bus, made repairs to the church, ad infinitum. Sooner or later, kindness is taken for weakness. Some new jackass rolled into town to be the preacher's "number two guy," whatever that means, and yelled at my Dad, out of the blue. And when the work.stopped and the church had to pay for those services, they suddenly took notice. Pastor tried guilt trips, because they felt were ENTITLED to that work. Somebody needs to be set straight.

Dead Lesbian Goat
06-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Out of the goodness of his heart, my Dad did the same for the church: fixed and drive the bus, made repairs to the church, ad infinitum. Sooner or later, kindness is taken for weakness. Some new jackass rolled into town to be the preacher's "number two guy," whatever that means, and yelled at my Dad, out of the blue. And when the work.stopped and the church had to pay for those services, they suddenly took notice. Pastor tried guilt trips, because they felt were ENTITLED to that work. Somebody needs to be set straight.
If you attend a church like this then you are attending the wrong church. I hate the types that cozy up to the pastor. Even more I hate the pastors that allow it.

Boo
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Typical church folk. Always about guilt trips, it's that holier than thou power trip.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-16-2014, 06:55 PM
While at DCS I received word that a field trip this week has been cancelled. There also was a message on my answering machine that the church's schools wants to talk to me, reiterated while I was outside sweating today. I suspect they are upset that I threw up red flags the last time I drove their bus.

Bottom line: Trinity's schools personnel come out of the public school system. No offense to public school employees, but they are terribly ignorant about commercial requirements in the real world. North Carolina law specifically exempts LEA's (Local Education Authorities) from rules & regulations the rest of the world has to play by. Everybody's all Ooo Ooo because our current schools coordinator used to be a public school principal. Kiss my butt: I worked in private industry for 17 years. I was the one who coordinated Laurinburg & Southern Railroad's piggyback drayage, oversize/weight permits for the locomotives & wheel assemblies we transported, etc (I was a one man show in the office). I also have passed North Carolina's CDL exam twice (once Class C, again Class B). LEA's do their own licensing, and they are notoriously lax -- basically if you're willing to put up with bad little kids at the end of a long school day for $10 an hour, LEA's will give you a CDL. Public school bus drivers don't even have to open their own hoods -- maintenance people do that for them. That's how Trinity has ended up with an ex-public school bus driver that has no idea what is going on with her various vehicles (killed two already). She's already destroyed the clutch in the current bus, and is well on her way to burning up the turbo because she won't let it cool down before shutting the engine off. And of course there's the whole dead electrical box issue, which she blithely drives with anyway (what exactly does she plan to do if it ever rains?).

[/END RANT]

Bill Robertson

Boo
06-16-2014, 07:00 PM
[/END RANT]

Bill Robertson

These rants don't end, they just pause from time to time. But we sure do enjoy reading them!
:)

Farrar
06-17-2014, 10:25 AM
omerprazole inhibits calcium absorption.

Derailment of the derailment:

I am also on omeprazole, and although I have never had a broken bone in my body and actually had problems retaining too MUCH calcium a couple of years ago (read: kidney stones), I also looked into this. What you need is to get your vitamins D and K2. K2 helps calcium absorption by working in concert with vitamin D and calcium, essentially telling the calcium to go where it is needed. I am not sure that you can get K2 in pill form, but it is found in cheeses, egg yolks, and liver (among other places). The cheese with the most K2 is cream cheese, but it is found in other cheeses as well - both soft and hard cheeses. All this is subject to my memory, of course -- you may want to look it up. :) Just trying to help!

Boo
06-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks farrar, I found that although calcium carbonate doesn't get absorbed, calcium citrate does so I'm on 1500mg of calcium citrate a day. Hopefully my July 1st X-ray shows healing! My two week follow up didnt show any progress, but that was before I switched to calcium citrate.