PDA

View Full Version : Ain't she a beaut?!?

Boo
05-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Actually hurts A LOT worse than it looks. Even on Percocet.
Happened two days ago. What an interruption to progress!

Boo
05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I guess I photograph well. It looks much worse in person than in these photos. For some reason my face looks worse in photos than looking in the mirror.

NightFlyer
05-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Way to go Lou - how did you manage that?

Hope you heal up and get back to full steam ahead in no time :)

stevedmc
05-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Way to go Lou - how did you manage that?

He won't admit it but this is how it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6vwKrvqeM

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
05-26-2014, 04:48 PM
If Percocets aren't doing it for you, can I have your unused inventory?

Bill Robertson

Boo
05-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I was selling my pinball machines that were flooded and I slipped on a ramp I made from 2x12's. it had algae on it and I slipped and my right ankle went under me and twisted up.

Bill, the percosets do help, just dont make the pain go away totally. And I'm not gonna get into mailing my prescription narcotics from one state to another. But I would gladly support your habit.
I may not be able to send you that manifold and carb setup for a little bit. You didn't answer my PM asking if you were ready for me to send it yet. Now it'll have to wait a bit. I'm having a hard enough time getting my fat ass around the house. Going to work tomorrow will be fun (sarcasm). But if I don't go I don't get paid. I used up all my paid sick days when I was out for my wife's recovery from surgery.
My father is going to drive me to work for a while.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Keep the manifold -- I want narcotics.

It's been almost a decade since my last Percocet, but I still remember them fondly. Never understood the allure of heroin until I got a prescription for those bad boys (like heroin, Percocets make you lie around and feel good). Best Percocets on the planet are the ones they hand out in the ER: twice the milligrams, and they tell you to take two of the damn things every 4 hours -- God bless ER physicians.

Bill Robertson

Boo
05-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Bill, have you gone crazy? The Percocet doesn't make me feel good, just takes away injury pain. I don't like how they dry me out, that's why I don't take them often, they make my spinal discs shrink and cause pinched nerves from my bulging discs.
As for the manifold, its yours and I have no use for it. I'm keeping the peugot on my car.
Ill send it back as soon as I am up and about and don't have to bother my wife or parents for car rides.

Boo
05-26-2014, 08:14 PM
I can't lie around anyway, I love to be moving and doing things. That's why I can't deal with being laid up with this damn ankle!

sedated
05-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Well we all know Bill's price for Delorean work. 2 percocet per hour, 3 for LCA work.

Boglin
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
I had a good one a few weeks ago. Hycodan (hydrocodone). I slept like a baby!

Boo
05-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Hydro condones (vicodin) just put me to sleep. Oxycodone (Percocet) is better for pain.
Well I broke my fibula straight across (well really jagged) now I'm in a cast for six weeks. :(
No pain med but no pain anymore because it won't move.

Dracula
05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad news, Louis.

Hopefully whatever treatment they have you on will work. I know it can vary from person to person. I discovered that I was immune to vicodin after a procedure last year and it was a grueling process to get them to understand that it had no effect on me; they assumed I wanted more pills...

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
05-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Vicodin is crap. You want Percocet. Ask for it by name.

I thought I had lost this scan, but found a copy on my old 98 machine:

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
05-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Weak sauce, all of it. For a pain prescription, Oxycontin or nothing. Too bad you can't get the pure stuff they used to make. Thanks, hillbillies!

stevedmc
05-27-2014, 08:05 PM
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled the dentist gave me some pills that started with the letter C. I have no idea what they were but the experience was awesome. Even though I was spitting blood for a week, that was the best week of rest I ever had in my life.

After I ran out of pills I decided to read the pamphlet from the drug store. It had some sort of warning saying not to take them for more than 3 or 4 days. I took the pills regularly for a week!

Needless to say, the week after I ran out was pretty rough. Now I know how people feel when they stop doing a drug they are addicted to.

Like I said, I don't remember the name other than it started with a C. The warning said something about it doing permanent damage to my spinal cord if I were to take it too long.

Good stuff!

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
05-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Weak sauce, all of it. For a pain prescription, Oxycontin or nothing. Too bad you can't get the pure stuff they used to make. Thanks, hillbillies!

Percocet and Oxycontin both use oxycodone. Difference is the dosage -- Oxycontin is stronger. Oxycontin binders & fillers make it "time release."

Vicodin uses hydrocodone, which isn't nearly as potent as oxycodone.

One thing I remember about Percocet is it made my nose numb -- don't know what that was all about.

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
05-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Percocet and Oxycontin both use oxycodone. Difference is the dosage -- Oxycontin is stronger.

IOW, Cut with crap. DEA scared the crap out of doctors 10+ years ago with everything from imprisonment to sanctions because there was a legitimate problem with people knocking over every Walgreens/Rite Aid in sight to get at it. Purdue Pharma paid the government a huge sum for downplaying the addictiveness of the drug.

Boo
05-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Bill, now that your 98 machine is up and running, how about those DMC Carberation decals I've been begging you for? One large air filter size and one 2x3 inch ..or two 2x3's will suffice...PRETTY PLEASE ?!?

Boo
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm going back to the orthopedist tomorrow to see if I can get this cast cut off and then get the Cam walker. This way I can walk on my broken leg and be able to take off the walker to wash. I'm stupid for not opting for the walker yesterday.

Boo
05-29-2014, 07:48 PM
I got the cast off today and now im in the cam walker. It feels less stable than the cast but so much more comfortable. I just hope it doesn't delay healing. I'm not walking on it yet, I figured I'd keep most of my weight off it by walking lightly on it and using the crutches at the same time.

NightFlyer
05-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Hope it heals quickly and painlessly :)

Boo
05-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, painlessly is out. My leg shifts a bit in this walker boot and I sure feel it. I just hope it heals quickly.

Boo
05-30-2014, 08:20 PM
ThirdmanJ's robocop suit ain't got nothin' on me ! LOL!

Boo
06-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm giving new meaning to that song that goes "One leg up! One leg up!". LOL

Boo
06-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Slipped and fell May 24th.

First X-ray taken may 27th
Notice lower fibula broken through. ( smaller bone in lower leg )

Boo
06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
X ray taken on June 10th (2 weeks in boot)
Not looking much different. :(

Boo
07-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I got the cam walker boot off today after my six week x-ray.
The doctor says it's "99% healed" but i don't think the X-ray looks all that much better.
And now I have an air cast. Walking on my ankle is NOT easy and is quite unstable and painful. Damn, I thought I'd be ready to hop in The Delorean or Fiero and go for a drive but man I'm slower without the stability of the walker boot. My ankle is also so stiff from being held immobile for a months and a half. You don't want to see the peeling blister on the underside of my foot.

Boo
07-08-2014, 05:44 PM
This air cast seems so flimsy and cheesy.

Kinda like how Josh views my musical taste. :rolleyes:

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Dude, that sucks - sorry to hear :(

Let's hope that the doc knows what he's doing.

Hope it starts getting better for you soon :)

Boo
07-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Is gotta heal eventually right?

Boo
07-08-2014, 06:15 PM
I was hoping maybe we could race my Delorean against my Fiero. But I'll just have to be a passenger or an onlooker I guess.

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/HEALTH/051017/graphic_SmokerBones.jpg

Boo
07-08-2014, 09:19 PM
It's a good thing I don't smoke. And it was never nicotine anyway. I also saw that alcohol and caffiene inhibits bone healing so I stayed away from that too.

NightFlyer
07-08-2014, 09:21 PM
It's a good thing I don't smoke. And it was never nicotine anyway. I also saw that alcohol and caffiene inhibits bone healing so I stayed away from that too.

Wasn't implying anything - just thought that the stages of healing and the length of time it typically takes may be of interest :)

Boo
07-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info, I knew that already but thank you. I know you didnt know this about me but I have a pre-med degree and I was an ultrasound technologist for 7 years before becoming a science teacher. I was actually offered to go to med school without taking entrance exams (mcat) when I worked at Schneider Children's Hospital as the lead pediatric ultrasound technologist in the early 2000's. I'm not trying to toot my own horn but just letting you know I have that knowledge. I chose the route of more immediate money and summer vacations till I retire. Hell, I only work 180 days out of the year. If I became a doctor is be super busy all the time and not be with my family nearly as much. I think it's worth it that I chose the path I did for that reason. I'm happy with my decision.

Boo
07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Wasn't implying anything - just thought that the stages of healing and the length of time it typically takes may be of interest :)

And no offense taken Josh, that is for posting the info. It does go well with this thread. Very appropriate.

NightFlyer
08-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Not to detract from your other problems right now, but thought I'd ask how the leg is doing?

Boo
08-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Actually Josh, it totally sucks. I was in that Franken-boot for 6 weeks, an air cast for another 3 and I can barely walk now. Hurts like hell, ligaments and muscles are super tight, it's unstable, and swells up like a balloon.
I have so much to do around the house and keep p with the kids while my wife is in bed and on the couch and everyday is immensely painful, hobbling around. I don't know if Ill ever walk right again.

NightFlyer
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear :(

You'll catch a break sooner or later - you're definitely over due.... :)

Boo
08-01-2014, 09:55 PM
I've been overdue for years Josh. God just hates me, I come to accept it.

Boo
08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
So I had a 2 1/2 month follow up yesterday with my orthopedist. Not good. I was in that boot for
6 weeks followed by an air cast for four weeks and I am still having swelling and pain. Yesterday's x-rays showed the healing of the fibula break but he sees "loose bodies" (pieces of bone) in my instep area where my pain is and says i may need arthroscopic surgery. I am getting an MRI tomorrow, and starting physical therapy. Looks like my Delorean and Fiero projects will be waiting until next summer as I still have home repairs to do before the cold weather arrives.26642665

Boo
08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
I was hoping on at the very least changing the alternator and getting the ac charged and participating in the LINYDMC road rally this August. If I have surgery that may be out.

NightFlyer
08-06-2014, 09:32 AM
That's great news on the fibula healing, and at least you've hopefully identified the cause of your current pain, so that you can now formulate how to remedy it.

Best luck on getting this thing put behind you in the near future, even if it requires surgery :)

Boo
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Official MRI results are in. 2 bone breaks and multiple high and medium grade ligament tears. Yikes! 2784

Boo
08-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Dr said it'll heal by itself in a month. Doing physical therapy but I'm going to get a second opinion I think.

NightFlyer
08-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Continued best wishes!

There's still plenty of driving time left this year :)