PDA

View Full Version : Caravanning to DCS - MI to Dayton

NightFlyer
05-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Hey guys,

Just putting feelers out for any other owners who might want to caravan to Dayton from somewhere in Michigan.

Because of the Kil-Kare Dragway outing, I'd like to arrive at the hotel in Dayton no later than 3:30pm.

As I don't have to worry about picking up Steve anymore (Chad is picking him up from the airport), I also haven't decided on what route I'll take to get to Dayton.

So, if there's any of you from MI or that need to pass through Michigan to get to Dayton that would be interested in caravanning down there, post here and we can start to work out all the details such as meet up place, times, route, etc.

Rich_NYS
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
How 'bout you pass through NYS & pick me up....

NightFlyer
05-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Why - you're driving your car, remember ;)

Rich_NYS
05-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Why - you're driving your car, remember ;)

hahaha, I don't know....I still have bumpity-bumping tires, no headlights, and no plates/registration.

I'm still considering it, but I'd want to put on new tires....my list of stuff to do is growing and will cut into the driving season soon!

This weekend I'm replacing the lip-seal, troubleshooting the dash lights, and painting the exterior black pieces.

I'll also be talking to a guy about borrowing a car trailer...that might be my best option if I want to bring my car.

NightFlyer
05-10-2014, 03:18 PM
hahaha, I don't know....I still have bumpity-bumping tires, no headlights, and no plates/registration.

I'm still considering it, but I'd want to put on new tires....my list of stuff to do is growing and will cut into the driving season soon!

This weekend I'm replacing the lip-seal, troubleshooting the dash lights, and painting the exterior black pieces.

I'll also be talking to a guy about borrowing a car trailer...that might be my best option if I want to bring my car.

I didn't have valid plates all last year :)

Shouldn't be too hard to sort the headlights once you start digging into them.

As for tires, if you're keeping the car, then you'll want to spring for the Vredesteins. If not, then you can get a set of Ohtsu FP7000 for $246 shipped from http://highperformancetire.com. Use coupon code HP100FF for $10 off on your order on the cart page.

Rich_NYS
05-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I didn't have valid plates all last year :)

I'm actually driving without plates...cops have been too busy staring at the stainless to notice. I'm considering an "OUTATIME" plate and see how long I can go like that!

NightFlyer
05-10-2014, 09:26 PM
i'm actually driving without plates...cops have been too busy staring at the stainless to notice. I'm considering an "outatime" plate and see how long i can go like that!

sweet!