PDA

View Full Version : Came so close to buying this last weekend

Dead Lesbian Goat
03-31-2014, 06:17 PM
I was on one of my lots last week and happened across this:

I left the house that morning having no intention of buying a car, least of all a Hummer but when I saw it in person that thing really spoke to me. I thought about it a few days and thought what the heck. My AWD Volvo is boring and didn't exactly cut the mustard in the snow like I had hoped it would. I went back last Saturday check book in hand and took her for a drive. I really liked it! The only thing was there was an aftermarket radio that didn't work right...no biggie. The big thing was the sunroof didn't work. OK I still may buy it this Wednesday when I go back and talk to the owner of the lot but I'm now thinking that maybe an H3 is worth a look before I go any further with a H2 hunt. The H3 has slightly better mpg and since it will be a daily driver a smaller Hummer may be easier for day to day life. If anything I have decided to get either a H2 or H3 Hummer before next winter because I don't want to go through another winter like the last one without an honest 4x4 that can carry a lot of stuff....that and I wasn't choking quite as many squirrels and baby bunnies as I had hoped.

Duplicate Account
03-31-2014, 06:19 PM
But they don't even have bridge of weir leather seats!

Dead Lesbian Goat
03-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Don't think that I won't point that out this Wedensday. That alone should take another thousand off the asking price.

tom kish vin.4357
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
You guys have snow down there? it's expected that when it snows that you go out and show dmctoday people your snow and how everyone there freaks out about 6 inches of snow.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-31-2014, 06:45 PM
Buy a Colorado -- it's cheaper and the mechanicals are identical.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
03-31-2014, 06:49 PM
My biggest gripe with the H2 and H3 is the lack of a diesel option. My DD is currently a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with the rare 3.0L CRD diesel engine. Love it! And with a few mods, it can average around 30 mpg. Never failed to start in the frequent -30F temps that we experienced this winter. My Jeep also has a greater towing capacity than comparable gas engined half ton pick-up trucks.

I know a few H2 owners, and they constantly bitch about fuel expenditures.

Dead Lesbian Goat
03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
You guys have snow down there? it's expected that when it snows that you go out and show dmctoday people your snow and how everyone there freaks out about 6 inches of snow.

I made this a few years ago...that should answer the question about our snowfalls.

As far as the Colorado or other rides, I am drawn to the Hummer for the same reason as the Delorean...it looks damn good.

sedated
03-31-2014, 09:39 PM
I had looked at the military HMMWV for a while. You can buy the rolling body from the manufacturer now and just get the engine separate. They sell the Cummins diesels too. I also have a strange affinity for the unimog. Right now, I am spoiled with my Delorean. I'm thinking of trading the mustang for a practical SUV now.

Farrar
03-31-2014, 10:25 PM
If you think an H2 is beautiful, you should see a 1977 International Harvester Scout.

Dead Lesbian Goat
04-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Not that anyone cares but I did talk to the owner last week. I thought the H2 was good for about 15 or 16mpg. He told me he has one and that I would be lucky to see 10mpg! The H3 is looking better after all.

Farrar
04-07-2014, 04:33 PM
If you want something that looks like hell on wheels and gets 10 MPG, buy a '71 Mercury Cougar with the 351 and throw a 4-barrel carburetor on it. Perks include: it can go fast, and any replacement parts you need can be fabricated from red clay.

Dead Lesbian Goat
04-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I want/need something that can plow through snow when needed and looks as good covered in mud as it does clean. No not Bill's car...I want a 4x4 that looks like a man's ride, has a lot of dry storage space, decent mpg since we will take it on road trips, not a truck and and not a soccer mom's 4x4 like a Equinox or Highlander, even though it will be my wife driving it the most. In other words:
Except I'm going to try for a gray or blue color, but when shopping used, color is secondary. Funny thing is prices on the H3 are about the same as a H2. Anyway I will not be a serious buyer until mid to late summer. Right now the used car market is hot, I'm going to wait for it to settle down a bit and look well before people start thinking about winter.

Dead Lesbian Goat
04-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Test drove an H3 today. Loved it! Going to find one with heated seats and the adventure package. The sunroof is huge in those things..definite plus. Also liked that the seat back goes forward enough and the head rests actually move enough to be useful. It rides nice...power is a bit lacking from the 5cyl. but I'm not looking for a rocket. I'm going to get serious around August unless something comes along I can't say no to.

Boo
04-16-2014, 02:05 PM
I like the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited myself, I like how everything comes off for the summer. Can't afford one, but I do like it.

Boo
04-16-2014, 03:09 PM
A hummer eh? Another indication of the small penis syndrome. Notice I drive small cars like a Fiero and a Delorean. Even my SUV is a small Ford Escape Hybrid.
JK I have the average white man size penis.<- TMI I know.
:p

Boo
04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
It rides nice...power is a bit lacking from the 5cyl. but I'm not looking for a rocket.

Who needs a fast HUM V when their Delorean blows Vettes away?
;)

sedated
04-16-2014, 08:40 PM
I always thought it'd be neat to own a Unimog:

but if I did a HMMWV I'd get a civilian buildout of the actual AMGeneral one: http://genuinehumveekit.com/