PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye! - the death thread

Duplicate Account
03-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Nobody knows for sure, but barring any weird accidents, I'm going to estimate my death to be February 2, 2041. It's nice to have a plan. Who wants my egg chair when I kick the bucket?

Boo
03-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Sam please pm me.
Louis

Dead Lesbian Goat
03-25-2014, 09:06 PM
There was (and still are more than a few) websites that ask you several questions based on your diet, environment, job, etc. that will predict the day you will die. Nothing to get anxious about really, just a way of opening your eyes to the fact that one day soon, you will die. One of my favorite watches does this every time you check the time:
http://www.watchismo.com/images/products/display/AccurateMirror1.jpg

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh great -- Sam's egg chair is getting handled in private so the rest of us don't even have a chance.

I've been told that I am mortal and eventually will die myself, but I have yet to see conclusive proof.

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
03-25-2014, 09:40 PM
My chair is pretty amaze-balls. Whoever inherits it because they were REALLY REALLY NICE TO ME will be pleased. Bill is the undead, and is therefore a pretty good candidate to be placed in my will, because we know he will still be around. What won't be around is dmcsouth because it sucks.

NightFlyer
03-25-2014, 09:43 PM
WARNING - posting on this thread may summon a Shinigami....

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100409164360/deathnote/images/d/df/Deathnote2.jpg

NightFlyer
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
What won't be around is dmcsouth because it sucks.

But it had hundreds of thousands of members...

tom kish vin.4357
03-25-2014, 10:11 PM
i intend to live forever or die trying

Duplicate Account
03-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Deloreans will still be around in 2041 if they have been rebuilt 5 times.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Of *COURSE* DeLoreans will still be around -- they can't be driven like normal cars, so they never accumulate enough mileage and use to wear out like normal cars.

Owners who point to DeLorean survival rates as evidence of their superior engineering and build quality use the same flawed logic as saying Great Grandma's bone china that only gets used once a year at Thanksgiving is actually more durable than everyday Chinette because it's still here whereas the daily use plates got chipped and cracked and eventually thrown out years ago.

Bill Robertson

Dracula
03-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Enjoy your mortality, suckers.

Dracula
03-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Incidentally, the DeLorean suffers from something known as "Survivorship Bias"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

That is, to say, the number of cars that are seen in good shape causes people to forget about all of the ones that have been taken out by surprise failures and minor accidents that wouldn't have totaled other cars. Most of the ones that are seen today have been neglected for years and haven't accumulated enough miles to count as significant. Now, in the days where failures can be well documented, the conventional wisdom is that "the majority of cars haven't failed" isn't relative when you consider that the majority of the cars haven't been used and are sparingly used, if at all.