PDA

View Full Version : In the market for a deity

Duplicate Account
03-11-2014, 12:58 PM
In trying times, it is an attractive belief that one can appeal to an unseen higher power to pull for you. I cannot accept the flying spaghetti monster/toaster of atheist lore. It is strangely sanctimonious.

Therefore I am looking at the old church of aphrodite. One could do worse than worshipping a naked lady.

Dear mother goddess above: please smite my enemies and grant me the abundance to retire immediately. Your faithfull servant, Walter Coe. I mean, Sam Hill.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Only deity I can offer is the standard issue Christian one, but I do have a couple of lesbian flicks with a bit of that Aphrodite ambiance.

So how 'bout it: you and Sharon up to test driving a little girl on girl action? (You've already exhausted my supply of teenage boy on little old lady films).

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I am actually intimidated by two chicks at the same time.

stevedmc
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
DMC Today admins sure are slacking these days. I went ahead and moved this into the open discussion thing. I'd be a little biased in suggesting a diety since I'm Christian.

Boo
03-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Everyone on Talk seems to feel that our deity is named Bill Robertson. :) Even with some k-jetters here.

stevedmc
03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows that Bill is the devil himself.

Boo
03-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Then we must all be devil worshipers, at least according to talk members. I know I'm portrayed as the worst because I have "Robertson Equipped" on my car and on my signature.

tom kish vin.4357
03-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Then we must all be devil worshipers, at least according to talk members. I know I'm portrayed as the worst because I have "Robertson Equipped" on my car and on my signature.

Not all Lou, Night flyer and Tom Kish are REAL kjet people!! I am kjet because that's the way they were 2 be, and night flyer is kjet because he's 2 CHEAP to spend any money on his car!!! (i just call them the way i see them!!)

Boo
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm just saying that's how the talk crowd feels. I know you and Josh are k-jetters, but THEY still feel WE worship Bill. The actual truth is that we RESPECT Bill, which is something they have a hard time with. Even respecting each other is an issue there. At least I respect Bill.(I'll speak for myself)

Boo
03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Getting respect is something Bill will never experience on DMC talk. This is the place for mutual respect for everyone. It may not be as expansive of a site, but we treat each other with respect and that's all I need. I look on Talk from time to time to see if anyone is selling anything I need or posts something I'm interested in, but I will NEVER post anything on there ever again. I won't even log in.

Boo
03-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Someone even asked on here how Bill knows what's going on over there if he is banned. Fact is no one has to be logged to either site to view posts, you just may not be able to view posted pictures unless you're logged on.

NightFlyer
03-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Not all Lou, Night flyer and Tom Kish are REAL kjet people!! I am kjet because that's the way they were 2 be, and night flyer is kjet because he's 2 CHEAP to spend any money on his car!!! (i just call them the way i see them!!)

You know it!

Thanks Tom :)

tom kish vin.4357
03-12-2014, 09:31 AM
No thanks necessary josh, calling it the way i see it is what i do

Boo
03-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I think I explained what I was talking about regarding the two forums. Again, I know we have some k-Jeffers here. Mutual respect is what this site is all about. K-jetter or carberater-er.
Maybe instead of "be nice" it should be "show respect for each other". Hey, that's all I ask of you guys and that's what I'm gonna give all y'all, respect. Now I'm singing Aretha Franklin in my head, man that's gonna stay with me for a while.

Boo
03-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Everyone on Talk seems to feel that our deity is named Bill Robertson. :) Even with some k-jetters here.

My first post on this thread mentioned the K-Jetters on this site, I don't know what all the hub but is about. Sorry to make anyone mad. Jeesh

NightFlyer
03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
No hubbub, and I don't think that anyone is mad :)

Boo
03-15-2014, 07:45 AM
But I did mention you guys at the beginning of this thread, I don't understand the 'I call it like I see it" stuff

I think I really just need to stay away from this all. I take you guys seriously and try to show respect to everyone here, but maybe I should just be done here too.

tom kish vin.4357
03-15-2014, 10:39 AM
HEY LOU, when (i said I call it the way i see it) that was a jab at night flyer for staying (stock) on his car (old belts, old hoses,old tires, anything old on his car,and NOT spending the money on upgrades, it was nothing to do with you

stevedmc
03-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah. Nightflyer's car is a rolling death trap. Trust me. When the car kills him he will probably decide to start spending a little money on it.

Boo
03-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I felt like the Delorean world was turning against me. I have the utmost respect for you guys on here and I only ask that that be reciprocated.

NightFlyer
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
:) Everyone LOVES my car :)

But who's car is the bigger death trap - mine or Bill's???

Boo
03-15-2014, 04:19 PM
:) Everyone LOVES my car :)

But who's car is the bigger death trap - mine or Bill's???

IMHO Bill's car is probably one of the safest and most reliable Deloreans in existence. For one thing, the low pressure fuel pump. Maybe the main thing all us carbers have in common. :o

I LOVE MY car, and that's all that matters to me. :p

Boo
03-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Back to Sam's original topic. Worship who you want, just don't get too obsessed. Or are you looking for a Goddess as in a woman to date?

NightFlyer
03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
IMHO Bill's car is probably one of the safest and most reliable Deloreans in existence. For one thing, the low pressure fuel pump. Maybe the main thing all us carbers have in common. :o

I LOVE MY car, and that's all that matters to me. :p

Lou - it's a long running community joke based on a comment that Josh B of DPI once made about Bill's car on the old Talk.com. :)

Boo
03-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Lou - it's a long running community joke based on a comment that Josh B of DPI once made about Bill's car on the old Talk.com. :)
Oh, OK, sorry wasn't sure how to take that. Believe me, I think it's pretty obvious NOT EVERYONE loves my car. Not forum people anyway. But basically everyone I meet that isn't an owner loves my car because they have no clue about the k-et or carb. Even when I explain how the carb is more reliable than the original mechanical fuel injection from the 80's they think its cool that my car has been converted to be more reliable. Maybe it's power of suggestion, I do refer to it as the "clunky" 80's mechanical fuel injection when I talk about the carb conversion. Most people think it has a GMC motor in it from the factory and have trouble believing the Peugeot Renault Volvo engine is original. :p