PDA

View Full Version : Extra credit questions from high school small engines and vehicle power classes

Boo
03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
When I took small engines and vehicle power in high school shop, my teacher Mr. Ott (awesome) had extra credit questions and two of hem come to mind.
1. What sports car model name has absolutely no meaning at all?
2. What sports car was the original (have to say that now with all the movies that came out) Batmobile made from?

Figured I'd post those here for fun for all who read this post. I can post answers later on after people take a shot at the questions.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
2: Lincoln Futura. Was actually a "concept car" (Ford never intended to put it into production -- it's only purpose was to generate media buzz). Weighed nearly 5,000 lbs, so calling it a "sports car" is a bit of a stretch.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
03-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I thought the original Batmobile was based on the Lincoln Futura concept car, no?

Boo
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
You are right on the Batmobile, I saw that trivia on a car show on TV a little while back. The funny thing about that is that my shop teacher said it was the Pontiac bonneville. But he was incorrect.

Any tries on the sports car model name that has absolutely no meaning? Possibly he was incorrect on that answer too.

Boo
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I like the monkeemobile myself, dig the seating and lack of a real trunk.