PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think this jack is worth the money? Even on sale?

Boo
03-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I know it's harbor freight so I don't need to hear about the 'one time use before it breaks' comments, I bought a tailpipe expander front them once and it broke the first time trying to use it. Other than that I've had a pretty good experience with their stuff. I have a tiny 'Mack' brand jack that was $15 at Walmart in boca ration FL, but I am looking for an inexpensive 'bigger' floor jack as I just don't see putting a lift in my driveway.
This just recently went on sale, and I'm sure it will be on sale many times over in the future, but check it out and let me know. I have a nice big floor jack that my neighbor got from someone when they were moving but it doesn't keep,the car up and I don't know the brand to get a rebuild kit and the wheels are totally rusted immovable from being flooded on Sandy. Just thought I'd shoot this out there and see what people say. Anyone actually have this or have experience using it?

http://t.harborfreight.com/3-ton-Heavy-Duty-Low-Profile-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-61282.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTI0NTgzODEiLCJza3Ui OiI2MTI4MiIsImlzIjoiODIuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0A IjoiMTAwOTcifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0914c&utm_source=1010&utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided#.UxKR1RG9KSM

It says 100% guaranteed but is it like a Tommy Boy 'guaranteed peice of shit'?
I think with my 25% off coupon it may be an ok deal. <- Just noticed the 25% coupon isn't valid on floor jacks.

Thanks Y'all !

Boo
03-01-2014, 09:27 PM
I just got a coupon in the pennysaver and its 69.99 with the coupon. Worth the price? I think I may go buy it tomorrow morning. I just gotta see if they even have it at the store by me.

Boo
03-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Bought it, assembled it, bled it, haven't used it yet. Seems real nice though.

Farrar
03-17-2014, 11:02 AM
I've been using the 1.5-ton Pittsburgh floor jack for a few years now with no problems. I got it as a birthday present, so I can't tell you how much it cost.

Boglin
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM
I've been using the 1.5-ton Pittsburgh floor jack for a few years now with no problems. I got it as a birthday present, so I can't tell you how much it cost.

I'm actually in the market for a low profile jack. My Goodyear one that I got at Sam's club is too tall since my springs have settled.