PDA

View Full Version : aggressive realty

Farrar
02-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Just a quick question for the experienced.

Hypothetical situation: if your house had been on the market for four months, and in that time the realtor had listed it on one website, had one open-house for realtors only in the middle of a winter storm, and dropped the price without re-listing it, would you tend to believe the realtor if he told you that he had been marketing your house "as aggressively as possible"? I am curious to see what the consensus is.

Duplicate Account
02-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Just a quick question for the experienced.

Hypothetical situation: if your house had been on the market for four months, and in that time the realtor had listed it on one website, had one open-house for realtors only in the middle of a winter storm, and dropped the price without re-listing it, would you tend to believe the realtor if he told you that he had been marketing your house "as aggressively as possible"? I am curious to see what the consensus is.

No. 99% of Realtards are terrible at what they do. What they want is the listing and to sit back. If you are.unsatisfied, fire the agent. You may also want to have a seller's agent (and not dual agency) if you haven't already.

Now you know what questions to ask for your next agent.

Farrar
02-17-2014, 08:14 PM
It's not mine, just a hypothetical situation, but it did sound fishy to me when someone mentioned it to me. Thanks. :)

Dangermouse
02-17-2014, 11:32 PM
IMHO realtoring is one of the biggest closed shops still out there. They earn 3% for listing your beautiful house that you have spent years and thousands of dollars improving and maintaining, on websites that only they used to have access too.

There are dozens if sites that a homeowner can list their property on as FSBO. A Realtor would have to cover all if these and a good few more before he could claim to have "aggressively " marketed it. Perhaps it's only in comparison with the slipshod job he did with his last listing.

Fire him/her and start again

Duplicate Account
02-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Sure is. And with all steering going on, its a dirty business. I wish we could go to a.different system. All houses must be listed on a central site (and therefore agents cant divert certain properties to themselves and related associates.) "Runners" could open up houses for interested buyers. You pay a flat fee of $20 or so to look at a house. Seller can then take a buy it now price or sealed bids. Closing then goes to lawyers, which would give them something productive to do.

The entire process could be streamlined and less corrupted. So, it'll never happen.