PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2014 - Dayton, OH

Pages : [1] 2 3

stevedmc
07-07-2013, 09:24 PM
www.deloreancarshow.com

It looks like hotel reservations are now open for DCS 2014. I'm planning to attend and my guess is that Bill will be there as well. Is anyone interested in sharing a room?

Last year me and Bill shared a room, got along fine, and saved a ton of money. I'm a bit surprised at how cheap this hotel will actually be. They are only charging $109 per night before tax. If we can get four people in a room, we can really save some money on hotel expenses.

Is anyone interested in sharing a room besides me and Bill?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-07-2013, 10:00 PM
I spent a total of 7 hours in the hotel room all weekend at DCS'12. Friday night finally went to bed about 3:00 am, Saturday night didn't make it in until 4:00 am. Eventually I am going to get too old for such foolishness.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
07-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Since you spent so little time in the room, perhaps we could sleep in shifts instead of separating the box springs from the mattresses. On a serious note, it looks like this hotel even has free cots. The terms on their website says you can have up to 5 people in a room and they even have handicap rooms available for the same rate.

I wonder if a handicap room would be a little larger than a regular room. If we can get 5 people in a room, we can really drive the cost down. Three nights at $109/night comes out to $327 before tax. That comes out to $65 each person (before tax) for the whole stay if we manage to fill the room.

NightFlyer
07-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I'd be interested in sharing a room.

Isn't Bill already sharing a room with David T. and Martin G.? :p

stevedmc
07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't think those guys were even at the last DCS.

As long as it is okay with everyone, I'll go ahead and book the room sometime this week. I'll reserve it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. We can just figure out the money deal at DCS based on how many people show up to share a room.

Now the big question is, should I get a handicapped room or not?

NightFlyer
07-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't think those guys were even at the last DCS.

As long as it is okay with everyone, I'll go ahead and book the room sometime this week. I'll reserve it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. We can just figure out the money deal at DCS based on how many people show up to share a room.

Now the big question is, should I get a handicapped room or not?

I was just playin. :)

Yeah, I'm cool with sharing a room with you and Bill, if you guys are cool with me.

I don't believe that handicap rooms are any bigger than a regular room per se - they usually just have larger door openings, extra grab bars in the bath, and possibly an easy access shower/tub.

Whatever you decide to do is cool with me.

EDIT: If I end up getting a girlfriend before the show, I might end up having to bail on you guys. Wish I didn't have to decide so far ahead of time.

Duplicate Account
07-07-2013, 11:17 PM
These things always compete with my limited vacation time.... whether its bailing out my parents with property work or going to the bahamas on a real vacation or whatever. I enjoy watching all the video recaps and I would like to attend, but the time cost is always the biggest hurdle. And ohio ain't the best enticement. Whats the best argument for going?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-07-2013, 11:19 PM
With excess time available since PBS cancelled her television series, can I bring Miller Gaffney to share my portion of the room?

Unless you want a humongously large bathroom (ADA requires 5 foot wheelchair turning circle), stay away from handicap rooms. Total square footage is the same as a regular room, so they steal bedroom space to make the bathroom bigger.

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Whats the best argument for going?

You can watch me snuggle with Miller Gaffney.

Bill Robertson

Duplicate Account
07-07-2013, 11:39 PM
You can watch me snuggle with Miller Gaffney.

Bill Robertson

That's almost as good as being in Ohio.

NightFlyer
07-07-2013, 11:58 PM
That's almost as good as being in Ohio.

I don't know, I think that Bill snuggling with Miller Gaffney might be better than being in Ohio!

Too bad it's not in Toledo :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Nevermind -- the risk just isn't worth it: www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2013/06/29/pkg-woman-sentenced-for-severing-mans-penis.kcal.html

Bill Robertson

Farrar
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I plan on planning to attend, and then cancelling at the last minute when my car can't make it, just like I have done for the last two shows. If I make it to Ohio in 2014, it'll be nothing short of miraculous.

Dracula
07-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Count me in on the DCS room-share program. I only sleep about 4 hours a night, anyhow. Ohio does, indeed, suck.

stevedmc
07-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Awesome. So this means we have four people saying yes. I'll make a reservation for a regular room with two beds in a day or so. If Farrar decides to join us, we can get at cot for the room. Its going to be super crowded but super cheap!

1. Bill
2. Steve
3. Josh
4. Chad
5. Farrar (Maybe)

Farrar
07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
You mean "5. Farrar (will cancel)"
:P

stevedmc
07-15-2013, 11:33 AM
So I finally got around to booking the room for three nights. The reservation is for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The estimated cost including tax on the reservation is $369.51.

The reservation is for two double beds, a cott (not guaranteed) and extra pillows/towels (not guaranteed). If four people stay in the room the cost will be $93 for each person. If we can get five people in the room the cost will be $74 per person.

Once again, here is the tentative list of people staying in the room.

1. Bill
2. Steve
3. Josh
4. Chad
5. Farrar (Maybe)

Dracula
07-15-2013, 01:02 PM
That all depends on whether or not Bill is speaking with Steve at the time.

ChuckD
07-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm still on the fence about attending. All jokes aside, is there anything good in Ohio?

NightFlyer
07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm still on the fence about attending. All jokes aside, is there anything good in Ohio?

Cedar Point in Sandusky is pretty sweet if you like amusement parks.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
07-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Dayton was chosen because it is close to the fellow who is taking over from Ken. Kind of like Orlando in reverse. I would expect future DCS's (if any) to move farther afield.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
07-21-2013, 07:43 PM
For me it isn't about the attractions near the event. DCS is the attraction. Its about having fun with fellow car nerds. I could care less about Disney world or whatever else is near by.

NightFlyer
07-21-2013, 07:46 PM
For me it isn't about the attractions near the event. DCS is the attraction. Its about having fun with fellow car nerds. I could care less about Disney world or whatever else is near by.

Ditto! Who'll have time to do anything else in OH if they're attending the show and participating in all the events?

stevedmc
01-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Guys, if you haven't already registered for DCS 2014 you might want to do so soon. Rumor has it that Kevin can only let 500 people in due to some sort of silly fire code and there are only 199 spots left for registration.

http://www.robomerchant.net/deloreancarshow/cart.php?target=cart

It looks like I will have to fly out there this year instead of making the drive. I'm registering for the Friday night dinner, Saturday events, Saturday Dinner, and am not registering for the bus drive thingie, unless someone else insists. lol

Anyway, just thought I would send a reminder to you guys. I still have the hotel reservation for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The more white trash we can pile in that room, the cheaper it will be for everyone.

Dracula
01-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I realize registration is important in terms of supporting the show, but I don't think that there's a need to worry about it running out. There are always at-the-show events open and plenty of people who don't register for the dinners; if you've seen the "Planning of BTTF" presentation once, then you may choose to eat elsewhere.

Otherwise, if you CAN'T register, you can always attend and hang out at the hotel, discuss things with individuals in the parking lot, and register on a daily basis for the events that directly relate to your interests.

stevedmc
01-03-2014, 08:07 PM
I was just about to click the order button on the DCS store. Now Chad has me waiting to see what events the rest of the group is planning to go to. lol

Bitsyncmaster
01-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I registered for the show and the price for all dinners was not bad at $200 or thereabouts. I also have a room reserved and may be looking for someone to share the room and cost. I would guess the 500 guest limit would be for the dinners.

tom kish vin.4357
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
maybe the group can work out the sleeping order between all the dmctoday people going (i need a bed,to old for a cot)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-03-2014, 11:02 PM
A room with two double beds can comfortably sleep 4 people: take the mattresses off the box springs and put them on the floor. Each person gets his or her own "bed" (no Planes, Trains, and Automobiles). Desk clerk will provide extra sheets & blankets. Next morning put the mattresses back onto the box springs.

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Just registered for my typical Friday-Sunday attendance, but may eventually add Thursday this year due to area attractions.

Has Steve secured accommodations yet, or am I bunking with Dave (in Orlando I spent a total of 7 hours in the room all weekend -- at what age does one get too old for these all nighters?).

I may drive up via Arlington if anyone wants to caravan from the DC area. I can even offer layover accommodation at Mom's house for anyone further south wishing to split the drive in half.

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Is Chad still carbureting his car at DCS?

Bill Robertson

Bitsyncmaster
01-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I don't usually caravan because the speed others drive at just makes the drive to tiring. I have not decided if I will split my drive up (stay overnight half way). I have to do a map check and see how long it takes. Eight hours is about the max this old man can take.

stevedmc
01-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Yep. Steve made the reservation for all three nights last July. See post #17.

Dave M is welcome to join us if he wants to save a few dollars. I'll gladly bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor if our room fills up.

Dracula
01-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Is Chad still carbureting his car at DCS?

Bill Robertson

Yes, prior to entering it in the Concourse competition.

tom kish vin.4357
01-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Hey Dave, are you going to bring and sell your items at Dayton, Oh.?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't usually caravan because the speed others drive at just makes the drive to tiring.

Speed too fast or too slow? I drive 5 MPH over the limit unless everyone else is really gettin' it, in which case I blend in with the crowd -- the cops can't ticket all of us.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
01-04-2014, 06:55 PM
The real question is, who will be picking me up and at what airport? I'm not driving this year.

NightFlyer
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
The real question is, who will be picking me up and at what airport? I'm not driving this year.

If you trust riding on original Goodyear NCTs (I won't mention all the other stock/OEM/factory parts still on my car, as you've already ridden in it in such condition) I can pick you up in Lansing, MI, Fort Wayne, IN, or Dayton, OH.

Or, if it's cheaper for you to fly into Detroit, MI, or Toledo, OH, let me know and I can alter my route to Dayton.

In addition to all the other stock/OEM/factory parts still running on my car, the NCTs will be on the car for the concours competition :)

stevedmc
01-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Haha. I don't trust 30 year old parts, but for some reason you car seems to defy the odds. A three hour ride on shady tires sounds great to me. I could fly into Lansing, MI on Thursday and we could go from there to Dayton, OH if it is okay.

I'll book my flight home from Dayton, OH for Sunday. I'll just bum a ride to the airport from someone at random.

Edit: Really whatever airport works best for you is cool with me. Cost is never really an object when it comes to flying since I usually fly for free.

Bitsyncmaster
01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I will have my products for cash sales with my normal $5 discount (about what I save on shipping and PayPal charges). I should have most of my tools also (just me going this time) so if you need any help, just let me know.

I drive about 5 to 7 MPH over the posted limit. When you go faster you have to stay to alert watching for cops it get very tiring.

NightFlyer
01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I drive about 5 to 7 MPH over the posted limit. When you go faster you have to stay to alert watching for cops it get very tiring.

We're pretty much on par with speed, but even at that nominal overage, I still keep my eyes peeled and scanning for cops - must be a paranoia that carried over from my much faster youth :)

Did you want to get in on the room share with the rest of us? If not (for whatever reason), I'd be willing to give up my spot in the room share, provided no one else cared, to opt for a split on something a little less crowded.

Haha. I don't trust 30 year old parts, but for some reason you car seems to defy the odds. A three hour ride on shady tires sounds great to me. I could fly into Lansing, MI on Thursday and we could go from there to Dayton, OH if it is okay.

I'll book my flight home from Dayton, OH for Sunday. I'll just bum a ride to the airport from someone at random.

Edit: Really whatever airport works best for you is cool with me. Cost is never really an object when it comes to flying since I usually fly for free.

My planned route is Lansing, MI to Fort Wayne, IN, to Dayton, OH - so any airport along that route would work just fine for me. Not sure if any other area owners would be interested in caravaning or not - we'll have to see as the event date nears. Just let me know and I'll be there to pick you up:)

stevedmc
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Awesome. I'll look at flights in a few days once I get around to registering for DCS.

Bitsyncmaster
01-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I was thinking to many guys in one room may not get much sleep. Also one bathroom may cause a little problem. Let me know if you want to share my room (I booked two double beds) knowing I just lost my job. Maybe we can get the rooms adjoining.

tom kish vin.4357
01-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Hey Dave if you got a spare bed i could use it and cut cost for us.

Bitsyncmaster
01-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Still no commitment yet on my room sharing. So you do want to share and split the cost? Just let me know if so and if your plans change.

tom kish vin.4357
01-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Yes, as long as i have my own bed.

Bitsyncmaster
01-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Yes, as long as i have my own bed.

Yes you will have your own bed. At least my reservation says so.

Your hotel: Dayton Marriott
Check-in: Thursday, June 12, 2014 (03:00 PM)
Check-out: Sunday, June 15, 2014 (12:00 PM)
Room type: Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double
Number of rooms: 1
Guests per room: 2
Guest name: David McKeen
Reservation confirmed: Saturday, September 28, 2013 (12:37:00 GMT)
Guarantee method: Credit card guarantee, Master Card
Special request(s): •2 Double Beds, Guaranteed •Early Check-In, Request Noted •Extra Towels, Request Noted

tom kish vin.4357
01-05-2014, 12:32 PM
OK Dave count me in,-------Just to b sure here Your not driveing around on 30+year old tires are you? your not still running 30+plastic bottle are you? you don't run around with a green pimp hat talking about french toast do you?

Bitsyncmaster
01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
OK Dave count me in,-------Just to b sure here Your not driveing around on 30+year old tires are you? your not still running 30+plastic bottle are you? you don't run around with a green pimp hat talking about french toast do you?

No, I leave that to other owners. I am going to get new tires before the trip.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Looks like I am bunking with Steve again....

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Looks like I am bunking with Steve again....

Bill Robertson

Plus Josh and Chad. That puts four of us in a room and the cost for each person will be $92.3775 ($369.51 divided by four people). I'm all for piling as many people in the room as possible. I've slept in dorms with up to 10 complete strangers and it really doesn't bother me. I'll even sleep on the floor if we don't get a cot.

Dracula
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
4 in a hotel room is VERY comfortable. I've been to conventions where there have been 10+ in a room as well and, while it tends to be a good time, the sleeping accommodations are fine since they all slept at different hours.

Ordinarily, I have no qualms about sleeping across the back seat of a car, but the quasi-reclined position of the DeLorean isn't conducive to more than a couple hour's nap. Plus, hotels tend to frown on doing so in their parking lots.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-05-2014, 07:54 PM
I've slept in my Delo -- not doing it again.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Bill sent me an email tonight asking if I have made the reservation. He also mentioned having another person who wants to share the room. Here are the up to date details.

The reservation is for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The estimated cost including tax on the reservation is $369.51.

The reservation is for two double beds, a cott (not guaranteed) and extra pillows/towels (not guaranteed).

Here is the current list of people staying in the DMC Today room.

1. Bill
2. Steve
3. Josh
4. Chad
5. Farrar (Maybe)
6. Louie Jugeau

Duplicate Account
02-24-2014, 10:54 PM
How many of you are admitted snorers?

stevedmc
02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
I used to snore when I was a kid, but for the past 10 years or so people have been telling me I'm a great room mate and I don't snore. I've learned to carry an iPod/iPhone and a set of earbuds. It is an easy way to hide unwanted noise when I am trying to sleep.

Dracula
02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I sleep like a corpse; I've had girlfriends poke me to see if I was alive.

NightFlyer
02-24-2014, 11:35 PM
No snoring out of me when I sleep. :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Is the room count still 4? I've been contacted by Louie Jugeau (the fellow I helped recover his seats at DMA FFT'13) about sharing a room at DCS. Anything above 4 moves into sleeping on the floor territory.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Right now we have four definates and one maybe from Farrar. Chad might even be a maybe since he just sold his car.

I will gladly sleep on the floor if it means getting a 5th person into the room.

NightFlyer
02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't have a problem sleeping on a chair or couch.

Dracula
02-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Right now we have four definates and one maybe from Farrar. Chad might even be a maybe since he just sold his car.

I will gladly sleep on the floor if it means getting a 5th person into the room.

Chad still has a Bricklin and it is a joint DeLorean/Bricklin show.

NightFlyer
02-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Chad should enter the Bricklin in the DeLorean concours :)

Dracula
02-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Ooh, interesting idea; though, aside from maybe 3 things, my Bricklin is 100% stock.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
02-26-2014, 10:52 AM
I also have a room reserved and may be looking for someone to share the room and cost.

Is Dave still looking for roommates to share his cost? Rather than jamming a million people in Steve's room, perhaps we should only jam 500,000 and let the other half million room with Dave.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
02-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Is Dave still looking for roommates to share his cost? Rather than jamming a million people in Steve's room, perhaps we should only jam 500,000 and let the other half million room with Dave.

Bill Robertson

I thought that Tom Kish was rooming with Dave, or I will if you guys want to open up the room a little - makes no difference to me :)

tom kish vin.4357
02-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Yes it is Dave and me in his room, however if some of those girls in the girls and Deloreans photos need some place to stay----------- i'm sure i could work out something----------

stevedmc
02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
You guys are no fun. I'm trying to get the cost per person down to $20 each in the DMCToday room. I'm even willing to sleep in the bathtub.

Drewlorean
02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm even willing to sleep in the bathtub.

Have room service deliver some noodles.

NightFlyer
02-26-2014, 05:51 PM
http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0000/299/MI0000299570.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

tom kish vin.4357
02-26-2014, 07:36 PM
You guys are no fun. I'm trying to get the cost per person down to $20 each in the DMCToday room. I'm even willing to sleep in the bathtub.

Looks like Steve and BILL is having a FULL HOUSE!!

stevedmc
03-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I just looked at my email and noticed Ken sent this out to the DML a few minutes ago. Just copying it here for those that do not subscribe to the DML or have been banned.

Hi all
As you know DCS strives to bring you the best in entertainment, history, CARS (especially DeLoreans), a great spot to vacation and of course lots of fun.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Please spread this to the other DeLorean forums, FB, twitter, linkden and whatever.

If you were looking for that one thing to put you over the edge and register for the show if this does not do it I don't think anything will.

From Bob Gale this evening

Fwd: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend
-----Original Message-----
To: Ken Koncelik <KKoncelik@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 7:03 pm
Subject: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend

He expects to attend solo and Chris still isn't sure what his schedule is. But he said that as long as it's a weekend, he'll make sure he attends.

Bob Gale
So I am expecting Christopher Lloyd to attend the show on Saturday at this point. He of course will be with the other members of the BTTF crew and Bob Gale.

Chris was the last guest that I had been trying to get that had been eluding me so this being the last show I am doing I think things worked out pretty well.

Now for Surprise number 2

I have another BTTF guest that we have been working out details for and that is Harry Waters. Harry played Marvin Berry in the BTTF movie and will be singing Earth Angle for all of you on stage. We will do this Saturday night as well.

I now have filled up my schedule

Also a note Bob Brandys will be announcing information on his show out west that he has done in the past. Mainly as a preshow to DCS and more recently as his own show.

The future of DCS will be discussed and Jason will give you an update as to the direction he would like to take the New DCS show.

So now the cast is complete and we look forward to seeing you at DCS 2014

Just a note I am getting closer on rooms so if this motivates you to come then please get your rooms before they are gone. Again I have a 500 person max and we are approaching that number. Would hate to see any of you that have been following this to be left out in the cold and today it was cold 1 degree in the morning. Lets start to warm things up.

Disclaimer.
While we are all excited about guest to the show especially the high profile guests. DCS does not work a contract with them and they are under no obligation. I want guest to be here because they want to and in the past that has worked out very well as you all know. As a result I cannot guarantee any of the guests beyond their verbal commitment and work schedule. So if a guest cancels it is out of our control and we hope you understand. This has happened only twice before in all our years so our record is good and we hope you enjoy what we have put forward for you.

This is my last effort at bringing you the largest and I hope you feel also the best DeLorean Car Show Convention/Show/Museum/Vacation/History Lesson/ Entertainment Package and Pool Party that I can. I hope to see you all at my last show.

PS this time we are looking at 15,000SQ ft of additional tents (that is one big tent) in addition to hotel space.
Chicago was 19,000 indoors. If you want to park under cover you must register your car. We would like to see 200 cars and set the all time record for cars. In this location we are near enough cars to do it.

Please make your hotel reservations at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dayoh-dayton-marriott/?toDate=6/16/14&groupCode=CARCARA&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=6/10/14&app=resvlink

or go to www.deloreancarshow.com and click on lodging and then don't forget to event register.

There are 149 raffle tickets left and we usually have 300 by May 1 (Raffle car has plates and insurance and ready for St Paticks day Parade) and there are only 140 event registrations left.

Keep in mind in the past half the people register after May 1st so that is why I am sure we will be a sell out.

Again this is your show. Only you can determine its success or failure and so far DCS has been the success you have all made it.

We also have confirmed the Taj Ma Garaj as a stop so we will get to see some very unusual vehicles.

Check out the daily events. As of this posting Christopher Lloyd, Harry Waters, Donald Fullilove and Claudia Wells, Bob Gale, Andrew Probert and Kevin Pike have not been specifically added. I have the general BTTF cast notes.

Manson Cheung from Mattel will also be making a return by popular demand.

Thank you all for your support
and register soon and register often LOL
I am sure you will enjoy this show.

Ken

stevedmc
03-03-2014, 09:30 PM
And my lazy butt finally registered for DCS. I'm registered for the Friday bus/driving tour, Friday events and the Saturday events. Total cost for me was $160.

Boo
03-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Would that tub have hot water and, oh I don't know, maybe some ramen noodles in it?
Still can't get over that Steve!

stevedmc
03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Sorry but that answer to that would be no. I only use showers for cleaning up when I am in a hotel.

Boo
03-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Sorry but that answer to that would be no. I only use showers for cleaning up when I am in a hotel.
But the ramen would be like a nice blanket as you sleep in the tub, not to mention a nutritious midnight snack that you don't even have to get up for! LOL

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-03-2014, 10:52 PM
I just looked at my email and noticed Ken sent this out to the DML a few minutes ago. Just copying it here for those that do not subscribe to the DML or have been banned....

Is this the DeLorean Car Show, or the Back to the Future Show?

Personally I'd like to see better representation of personnel who had something to do with bringing the consumer product to market.

For all his Hollywood elbow rubbing, JZD did try to make a car company, not a motion picture studio.

Bill Robertson

Dracula
03-03-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm doubtful of statements like this:

Hi all
As you know DCS strives to bring you the best in entertainment, history, CARS (especially DeLoreans), a great spot to vacation and of course lots of fun.

When they're followed by statements like this:

Check out the daily events. As of this posting Christopher Lloyd, Harry Waters, Donald Fullilove and Claudia Wells, Bob Gale, Andrew Probert and Kevin Pike have not been specifically added.

What do any of these guests have to do with the car? A movie that came out 2 years after the last model year was produced.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's become BTTF-Con instead of a car show about DeLoreans.

I've always enjoyed the times I've heard from the factory workers and those at the QAC centers; that pertained to the DeLorean. This guest list seems to be geared towards the new crowd of BTTF fanboys who don't care about the car's history outside of a dated movie.

Well, I guess I'm now not going to register for the DeLorean show; just the Bricklin one. They focus on the car.

Dracula
03-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Is this the DeLorean Car Show, or the Back to the Future Show?

Personally I'd like to see better representation of personnel who had something to do with bringing the consumer product to market.

For all his Hollywood elbow rubbing, JZD did try to make a car company, not a motion picture studio.

Bill Robertson

You must have replied while I was working on my own post of the same nature. I'm in 100% agreement with Mr. Robertson. (I'm sure this just got my name added to another black-list somewhere...)

stevedmc
03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
It might be Delorean car show but I am certainly wearing the green pimp suite if Chris Lloyd is there. That along with Chad dressed as Mr Peanut should make a pretty good picture. I'm not big into the BTTF stuff anymore but I did enjoy Chris' work on Taxi.

Delorean owners have the same option as me regarding the BTTF stuff. I simply ignore the back to the future museum thingie. Hopefully we won't have to sit through another 90 minutes of grown men crying about restoring a car that was used in the movie. That was my only complaint about the last DCS.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-04-2014, 11:25 AM
... Chris' work on Taxi....

One of my dream cars: a Checker A11 (yellow paint).

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
03-04-2014, 03:36 PM
It might be Delorean car show but I am certainly wearing the green pimp suite if Chris Lloyd is there. That along with Chad dressed as Mr Peanut should make a pretty good picture. I'm not big into the BTTF stuff anymore but I did enjoy Chris' work on Taxi.

Delorean owners have the same option as me regarding the BTTF stuff. I simply ignore the back to the future museum thingie. Hopefully we won't have to sit through another 90 minutes of grown men crying about restoring a car that was used in the movie. That was my only complaint about the last DCS.

Never met Christopher Lloyd, but I like his work - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984), Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984), Clue (1985), Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), Suburban Commando (1991), The Addams Family (1991), Addams Family Values (1993), Camp Nowhere (1994), Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995), Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road (2002), Admissions (2004), Flakes (2007), Snowmen (2010).

And Bob Gale would be a pleasure to meet because of Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road (2002).

But yeah, definitely would like to hear more anecdotes from those involved with the DeLorean.

Does Terry Tanner attend the shows and do a presentation about Bricklin at all - as I'd be interested in that.

This will be my first DCS - hopefully Steve and I won't get a flat on the way to Dayton :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-04-2014, 04:41 PM
You forgot Christopher Lloyd's portrayal of Exxon's man on the ground in HBO's Dead Ahead: Exxon Valdez (1992) -- brilliant performance.

Add I Wanna Hold Your Hand (with Robert Zemeckis) to Bob Gale's writing credits -- a delightful light hearted romp that is particularly poignant for Beatles enthusiasts (Gale is Beatles nut). When I spoke with him about it at DCS'12 he seemed so relieved not to be getting yet *ANOTHER* BTTF question.

Don't know how Terry Tanner's personality would lend itself to a presentation. He is appropriately stereotypical of someone his age. Also has a real chip on his shoulder about DeLoreans (if he were a DMCTalk member he'd get permabanned for sure). If he's there, and if you have a chance to talk with him one on one, grab it.

Bill Robertson

Farrar
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I enjoyed seeing Andrew Probert's presentation at the one DCS I went to. Unfortunately, he was not available to sign my copy of Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise.

Boo
03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
I am certainly wearing the green pimp suit .... Chad dressed as Mr Peanut should make a pretty good picture.

Oh please DO post pictures since I won't be there to see this ! Take some especially for me, even if y'all hold up a napkin that has "Hi Louis" written on it. I'd really appreciate that guys.

Dracula
03-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Oh please DO post pictures since I won't be there to see this ! Take some especially for me, even if y'all hold up a napkin that has "Hi Louis" written on it. I'd really appreciate that guys.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Dracula
03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
For those not active on the DML these days, it seems that they've added another event to "DeLorean" "Car" Show:

We also have a special show on Saturday in the afternoon from the Fairfield Choiral group doing a Back to the Future tribute. This is a full stage show that lasts 16 minutes and will be performed in front of the BTTF Cast and crew and those of you that choose to attend. It will be in the main room and will be a standing room performance due to the amount of space needed by the stage.

I can say with 100% conviction that the show has more to do with BTTF than it does with DeLoreans and calling it "DeLorean Car Show" is misleading as well as false advertising. They should just rename it "Back to the Future-Con" instead, as that seems to be what they're promoting.

Duplicate Account
03-18-2014, 09:30 PM
BTTF belongs at comicon.

stevedmc
03-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm still blown away by the BTTF nerds at the last DCS. They went on stage and cried for 45 minutes about finding a rare part to restore one of the movie cars.

Duplicate Account
03-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Who the hell thinks someone who was in BTTF wants to watch an amateur BTTF production? Sounds like an embarrassment waiting to happen.

Dracula
03-18-2014, 09:42 PM
BTTF belongs at comicon.

Tell that to the planners of "DC"S.

I'm still blown away by the BTTF nerds at the last DCS. They went on stage and cried for 45 minutes about finding a rare part to restore one of the movie cars.

The level of emotional attachment some of these people have to the movie and the prop car is unfathomable.

NightFlyer
03-18-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm going just to prove to Tom Kish that you can drive a DeLorean hundreds (if not thousands) of miles on original NCTs, original belts, original coolant hoses, original fuel lines, original door struts, stock/OEM plastic tank radiator, stock/OEM plastic header bottle, stock/OEM Ducellier alternator, etc.

Plus I want to see if I'll be the only guy who actually drives a concours level original car to the show, as opposed to trailering it or changing parts out upon arrival. If so, then I should get a special award just for doing that :)

I have to change my LED taillights and door lights back to stock/OEM incandescent, and put the stupid heat riser (stove) pipe and hot air valve back on, just to make sure I don't get docked any points. If I can get the A/C working before the show, then everything in my car will also be fully functional :)

This will be my first DCS, even though I've owned the car for 12 years now....

Hopefully it will start getting warm out soon so that I can start cleaning up the undercarriage in preparation for the show!

Dracula
03-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Apparently Ken K didn't like my comment on the DML, as he fired back with a lengthy reply; in part, accusing me of not attending DCS since 2009. I have pictures to prove that I was at DCS '12 in Orlando, thank you very much. I'll admit that I missed DCS '10, however, because I was on my way to Iraq with the Army. Other than that, I've attended regularly since 2008; always driving.

I'll admit that I have a tendency to be hard on BTTF and the DeLorean, but there are Sci-Fi cons and Comic Con for the BTTF crowd. DCS used to profess that it was about the DeLorean, but, if you check out their website, apart from the memorial to Cliff Schmucker and the raffle information, it would be a more fitting table of events for a BTTF-con.

Don't believe me? Here's the text:

Welcome to the DeLorean Car Show 2014 in Dayton, Ohio. This year we will be located at the Dayton Marriott Hotel, in Dayton, Ohio.

We’ll kick things off on Thursday, June 12th, 2014, and go until Sunday, June 15th, 2014. We're bringing back all the stuff you love about the DCS shows of the past, and adding some new things we think you'll find pretty great for this one!

When registering, the prices for the daily events include access to the DeLorean museum, "Back to the Future" and other displays, special guests, vendor tech sessions, the evening dinners and admission to the car show itself.

UPDATE 3-14-2014: The Fairfield High School Show Choir will be joining us Saturday afternoon at 2:30 PM to perform their version of "Back to the Future". Location details to be announced. In the meantime, check out this video of their production:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eYf5AkF0k8

UPDATE 3-3-2014: "BACK TO THE FUTURE" CAST AND CREW MEMBERS CONFIRM THEIR ATTENDANCE! We are currently expecting:

Bob Gale (Writer, Creator/Writer/Producer)
Actor Christopher Lloyd ("Dr. Emmett Lathrop (Doc) Brown")
Actor Jeffrey Weissman ("George McFly" in BTTF 2 & 3)
Actress Claudia Wells ("Jennifer Parker")
Actor Donald Fullilove ("Goldie Wilson")
Actor Harry Waters, Jr. ("Marvin Berry")
Kevin Pike (Special Effects Coordinator)
Andrew Probert (Production Illustrator)
We are working on where they fit into the schedule now. Stay tuned for further information!

I wouldn't say anything if it hadn't eclipsed the DeLorean at the show. The dinner banquets are guest speakers from the film talking about the production and making of the movie, half the panels and presentations are about the movie or pertain to it.

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 03:17 AM
Hmm... looks like you pissed Ken off pretty good.

What's this all about exactly - "I thought you knew better after Vegas (Many negative remarks before the show)"???

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Speaking only of Bob Gale: Gale receives no financial compensation for appearing at DCS (if I'm not mistaken he buys his own plane ticket). All he asks is that Ken room and feed him while he's there. Gale also has the strongest connection to the car. Had he not used it as a plot device, not only would the original movie have been vastly different, but I doubt it would have spawned sequels. Same arguments can be made for Andrew Pike and Kevin Probert. Otherwise, I'm afraid I have to agree with Chad -- the other people are just actors who happened to share screen time with the car (I am looking forward to seeing Christopher Lloyd, not for his Doc Brown character, but for his entire body of work).

DMA's last spring social had a QAC employee speak and bring artifacts from his personal archives. Rumor then was that he was coming to DCS'14.... How about the two POG's who had their presentation cut short at DCS'10 (by BTTF presentations that ran long) -- rumor then was that they were coming to DCS'12 to do a complete presentation but they never appeared.... There *WAS* a functioning car company before Universal's prop department came up with the time machine.... I'd like to see more of that represented.

Bill Robertson

tom kish vin.4357
03-19-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm going just to prove to Tom Kish that you can drive a DeLorean hundreds (if not thousands) of miles on original NCTs, original belts, original coolant hoses, original fuel lines, original door struts, stock/OEM plastic tank radiator, stock/OEM plastic header bottle, stock/OEM Ducellier alternator, etc.

Plus I want to see if I'll be the only guy who actually drives a concours level original car to the show, as opposed to trailering it or changing parts out upon arrival. If so, then I should get a special award just for doing that :)

I have to change my LED taillights and door lights back to stock/OEM incandescent, and put the stupid heat riser (stove) pipe and hot air valve back on, just to make sure I don't get docked any points. If I can get the A/C working before the show, then everything in my car will also be fully functional :)

This will be my first DCS, even though I've owned the car for 12 years now....

Hopefully it will start getting warm out soon so that I can start cleaning up the undercarriage in preparation for the show!
So Josh your telling us here at DMC TODAY that you don't think the judges will dock you for the blood?

Dracula
03-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Hmm... looks like you pissed Ken off pretty good.

What's this all about exactly - "I thought you knew better after Vegas (Many negative remarks before the show)"???

I volunteered to help with Vegas after a negative experience at Gettysburg; I was told that my car was an abomination and that I shouldn't own one if I wasn't going to treat it properly. My car had a dented LFF after a minor accident at the time and was still being restored.

I had commented on how my experience at DCS was and how I didn't care for the treatment or that the most "prestigious" cars were those that not only weren't driven, but weren't road-worthy; concourse is still a stupid idea to me and it highly discourages keeping the cars in a roadworthy state.

When Ken asked for ways to improve DCS '10, I didn't know that I was going to be sent to Iraq and unable to attend, or else I would have. Though, when suggestions were asked for, I requested that they tone down the BTTF stuff. Since every dinner has a BTTF presentation, it has its own room, the music is on constant loop, they go out of their way to get as many people associated with the film as possible, BTTF props have as much space as parts vendors, and half the presentations are about the movie, it seems like overkill. According to Ken, he received a storm of private messages saying that I shouldn't be listened to and that I was trying to ruin DCS when all I said was that it should be less BTTF and more DeLorean.

Now the show is predominantly BTTF with a side of DeLorean.

Duplicate Account
03-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Years ago I bought and watched a DCS DVD and the speaker was talking over the loop of BTTF music. It was extremely irritating. I don't know if there's a hell, but being subjected to the same songs on a loop sounds like a strong contender for the concept. Turn that shit off.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-19-2014, 10:49 AM
I don't know if there's a hell, but being subjected to the same songs on a loop sounds like a strong contender for the concept.

Only 10 hours, but it's the best I can do on short notice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNyB4bvEzSQ

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 12:38 PM
So Josh your telling us here at DMC TODAY that you don't think the judges will dock you for the blood?

I'll be counting on you to tow me the rest of way there when I break down :)

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 12:55 PM
How about the two POG's who had their presentation cut short at DCS'10 (by BTTF presentations that ran long) -- rumor then was that they were coming to DCS'12 to do a complete presentation but they never appeared.

Both Jeff Synor and Chris Duvall are on the docket. Both were present at the Woodward Dream Cruise last year. Good guys.

My car was actually the Troy, MI QAC parts car. When the first several shipments of cars came over, they didn't yet have the necessary parts here to perform the work that the QACs needed to do to get the cars into a sell-able state, and waiting for parts to arrive from Northern Ireland was a slow and unreliable prospect, so unbeknownst to corporate, the POGs would scavenge a few cars for parts to get the others into the dealerships / delivered to customers as quickly as possible. Practically 1/2 of my car was scavenged for parts at the Troy QAC under Chris Duvall's direction - they even broke the original windshield when scavenging parts, which is why my car has a fender mount antenna and no windshield embedded antenna as it should have. Chris has several pics of my car at the Troy QAC which he has shared with me. He was practically brought to tears when he was reunited with my car at Woodward this last year after 32 years had passed.

It will be good seeing them again at DCS this year and I hope that their presentation isn't cut short this time. Having the actual Troy QAC parts car at the show should add a little something to their presentation as well :)

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 01:10 PM
I had commented on how my experience at DCS was and how I didn't care for the treatment or that the most "prestigious" cars were those that not only weren't driven, but weren't road-worthy; concourse is still a stupid idea to me and it highly discourages keeping the cars in a roadworthy state.

Hmm... I wonder how that crowd is going to react when I drive my car to the show :)

Did anyone in the past ever drive a concours level car to the show from any significant distances to your knowledge?

Dracula
03-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Hmm... I wonder how that crowd is going to react when I drive my car to the show :)

Did anyone in the past ever drive a concours level car to the show from any significant distances to your knowledge?

To my knowledge; no. Since things like "original hose clamps" and "original oil filter" are required for a perfect score, it seems asinine to drive one in most cases.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
03-19-2014, 01:41 PM
I believe their 33 year old tires all blew up on the Interstate.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 02:05 PM
To my knowledge; no. Since things like "original hose clamps" and "original oil filter" are required for a perfect score, it seems asinine to drive one in most cases.

This will be the ONLY TIME that I concours my car, so I want to make the best effort possible.

All of the hose clamps are original except where listed below, and I have a few of the Purflux oil filters from a decade ago that I've kept tucked away on the parts shelf.

The only non original/stock/OEM things that will be on my car while at the show will be the following:

- DMCH pump/sender combo unit and accompanying hoses/clamps
- fuel accumulator hoses and clamps (just the hoses/clamps, as I have a stock/OEM accumulator and not one of those stubby replacements that vendors are selling)
- hood and louver struts (door struts are original)
- DMCH front/rear brake hoses
- DMCH brake pads all around
- DMCH brake master cylinder
- Everco heater control valve (I could put the original one back on, as I still have it, but it leaks a little at the butterfly pivot shat)

The fender mount antenna and absence of a windshield embedded antenna is also VIN incorrect, however, I have documentation that these changes were made by the Troy, MI QAC, not to mention that Chis Duvall (POG parts manager) will also be there to personally attest to such, if necessary.

Other than those things, my car will be exactly as it left Dunmurry (right down to the fuses in the fuse block and NCTs on the dark grey/gray wheels) and everything will be 100% fully functional. And I'm driving it roughly 300 miles (600 round trip) to the show and back.

Hell, I've taken my car on a 2,000 mile vacation in that condition about 10 years ago - only then I still had the original fuel pump/sender/hoses/clamps, accumulator hoses/clamps, brake line, brake pads, and heater control valve. The only non original/stock/OEM things about the car when I made that trip was the hood and louver struts.

So, do I stand a good change of winning something - even if I'm not as perfect as a trailer queen / non-driveable car?

Dracula
03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
From my judging experience, you'll be lucky to get 3rd place.

You'll have to buck them every step of the way for the QAC changes and any part that's deemed "too worn" falls under the "dirty" category; this includes things like scuffing to the hood latch from it being opened and closed...

NightFlyer
03-19-2014, 02:29 PM
From my judging experience, you'll be lucky to get 3rd place.

You'll have to buck them every step of the way for the QAC changes and any part that's deemed "too worn" falls under the "dirty" category; this includes things like scuffing to the hood latch from it being opened and closed...

There really isn't any visible wear anywhere, at least not by my standards anyway :)

No consideration for the car being in driveable condition, with proof by actually having driven it to the show?

Hmm... I wonder if it will even be worth my effort trying to concours it then...

Then again, if I can beat all but a few of the trailer queen crowd, it just might be worth it ;)

Sounds like I'll definitely want to be present while it's being judged then. Do you have to remove the closing plates / access panels in the luggage compartment for judging?

tom kish vin.4357
03-19-2014, 02:43 PM
I believe their 33 year old tires all blew up on the Interstate.

Bill Robertson
Hey Bill, Josh wants me to tow him and Steve the rest of the way to the show after his 33 year old tires blow on the interstate any advice?

Dracula
03-19-2014, 02:46 PM
There really isn't any visible wear anywhere, at least not by my standards anyway :)

No consideration for the car being in driveable condition, with proof by actually having driven it to the show?

Hmm... I wonder if it will even be worth my effort trying to concours it then...

Then again, if I can beat all but a few of the trailer queen crowd, it just might be worth it ;)

Sounds like I'll definitely want to be present while it's being judged then. Do you have to remove the closing plates / access panels in the luggage compartment for judging?

It's best to take them off and put them to the side; along with your tool kit.

Farrar
03-19-2014, 08:03 PM
If I give one of you my copy of "Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise," could you have Andy Probert autograph it for me? Remember, my name is spelled with three Rs, two As, and an F...

NightFlyer
03-27-2014, 08:56 PM
For those attending DCS, I'm wondering if there would be any interest in going to the Kil-Kare Dragway, located just 14 miles from the Dayton Marriott Hotel, for some friendly 1/4 miles runs. According to Kil-Kare's tentative schedule, they will have an open test and tune from 5pm-10pm on Thursday, June 12, with a $20 race fee. Of course, this would mean forgoing the DCS Dinner and After Dinner Party in order to grudge the 1/4 mile. If others are interested, I'll be more than happy to run my car down the 1/4 mile. As my car will be attending the show in 99% stock/OEM form, we could get some interesting comparison runs. It would also be a good deal of fun :)

I'd also need Tom to commit to towing me back to the show after I blow all my tires and leave the transaxle in pieces on the 1/4 mile ;)

So, what say you guys - is anyone interested in doing this?

Dracula
03-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I'll race you with my new '84 Fiero.

tom kish vin.4357
03-27-2014, 09:19 PM
(I'm wondering if there would be any interest in going to the Kil-Kare Dragway, located just 14 miles from the Dayton Marriott Hotel), Let me get this right, you think those old tires can make it 14 more miles?:)

Farrar
03-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Drag racing on 33-year-old tires...?

NightFlyer
03-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Now that would be a fun race, as they're very evenly matched:

1984 Pontiac Fiero:
displacement - 2471 cc / 150.8 cu in
compression - 9.0:1
power - 92.0 bhp @ 4000 rpm
weight - 1175 kg / 2590 lbs
top speed - 165.8 kph / 103.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 11.6 seconds
1/4 mile time - 18.2 seconds

1981 DeLorean DMC-12:
displacement - 2849 cc / 173.9 cu in
compression - 8.8:1
power - 140.9 bhp @ 5500 rpm
weight - 1288 kg / 2840 lbs
top speed - 175.4 kph / 109.0 mph
0 - 60 mph - 10.5 seconds
1/4 mile time - 17.9 seconds

NightFlyer
03-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I won't be bleach/water-boxing the tires at all (no burn-outs) - just running the car.

Dracula
03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
If only I had a V6.

NightFlyer
03-27-2014, 09:57 PM
If only I had a V6.

You'd definitely annihilate me then...

Josh
04-09-2014, 01:44 AM
id be interested in going, depending how the car is running.

NightFlyer
04-09-2014, 02:32 PM
OK - so we got 3 that are in: 2 DeLoreans (1 stock 2.8L, 1 3.0L swap) and 1 Fiero

Anyone else - it's racing vs dinner... :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Looking ahead to DCS: I am currently registered Friday-Sunday, but am considering perhaps adding Thursday for area attractions.

Is the Today hotel room indeed available Thursday night?

Irrespective, am I guaranteed a blanket and a corner to huddle in Friday-Sunday?

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
04-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Looking ahead to DCS: I am currently registered Friday-Sunday, but am considering perhaps adding Thursday for area attractions.

Is the Today hotel room indeed available Thursday night?

Irrespective, am I guaranteed a blanket and a corner to huddle in Friday-Sunday?

Bill Robertson

The Today room is indeed available Thursday night!

Are you interested in taking your crappy carbureted DeLorean down a 1/4 mile drag strip Thursday night?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Let me get this right, you think those old tires can make it 14 more miles?:)

Of course they can make it 14 miles.

The $10,000 question: can they make it 14.25 miles?

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Are you interested in taking your crappy carbureted DeLorean down a 1/4 mile drag strip Thursday night?

I've never driven down a dragstrip before -- Newbie alert.

Might be an interesting experience, if I don't crash my car in the process.

Remind me sometime to tell you my Dave Delman drag racing story (dino car, not the electric one).

Bill Robertson

Boo
04-19-2014, 05:46 PM

Remind me sometime to tell you my Dave Delman drag racing story (dino car, not the electric one).

Bill Robertson
I'm interested in anything Dave Delman.

NightFlyer
04-19-2014, 07:19 PM

Bill Robertson

I haven't been down a strip in over 10 years myself.

Don't worry, we're not looking to beat on the cars - just screw around a little and have some fun.

Back in high school, I took my '85 Buick Electra Park Avenue to the track. I ran it a few times seriously and had ETs in the high 17's, low 18's. One time, I rolled down all the windows, pumped the stereo system, and bounced it (so that it looked like I had hydraulics) down the track at 30mph :p

The last car I took down the track was a '93 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe with the 4.6L Northstar. Managed a 15.98 ET, which I was more than happy with :)

As far as I know, Chad is in, Josh from Canada is in, I'm in, and now you're in. I'd imagine that Steve will probably want to come along, but his plans aren't finalized yet (if he's flying or driving).

If Luke Sandel is going to DCS, I could probably talk him into joining us as well and maybe even a few other cars from Michigan :)

Oh, and Tom Kish will be there with his car to tow all of our cars back to the show when we break down :cool:

Rich_NYS
04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I'll have a rental car....maybe I'll show up too.

NightFlyer
04-19-2014, 11:38 PM
I'll have a rental car....maybe I'll show up too.

What - you're not driving your D?!?!

Either way - it would be good to have you there! :)

Rich_NYS
04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
What - you're not driving your D?!?!

I'd consider making the 600 mile trip if I fly solo & I'm able to caravan with others, but right now I'm not yet sure if my father, wife, or neither is coming with me so I'm planning accordingly. I'd like to bring/drive it for sure....

NightFlyer
04-20-2014, 04:44 PM
I'd consider making the 600 mile trip if I fly solo & I'm able to caravan with others, but right now I'm not yet sure if my father, wife, or neither is coming with me so I'm planning accordingly. I'd like to bring/drive it for sure....

Depending upon where you're coming from in upstate NY, and if you considered cutting through Canada, you could always meet up with me (and potentially a few other owners) somewhere near Detroit. Not sure as to my exact plans yet, as I'm waiting for Steve to get his plans finalized, but I will be heading down to Dayton on Thursday afternoon.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-20-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm not too keen on driving 10 plus hours, then immediately start drag racing -- any chance the Today hotel room reservation could be extended to Wednesday night?

Bill Robertson

Rich_NYS
04-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Depending upon where you're coming from in upstate NY, and if you considered cutting through Canada, you could always meet up with me (and potentially a few other owners) somewhere near Detroit. Not sure as to my exact plans yet, as I'm waiting for Steve to get his plans finalized, but I will be heading down to Dayton on Thursday afternoon.

From where I live, Detroit isn't much closer than Dayton. But you do have me thinking about it now.....dammit -lol!

NightFlyer
04-20-2014, 08:38 PM
From where I live, Detroit isn't much closer than Dayton. But you do have me thinking about it now.....dammit -lol!

I'd imagine that Devon (LordFly on Talk), from London, ON, Canada, is going to Dayton via Detroit, thus you could always meet up with him in London, if he was game to caravanning, and was leaving sometime around noon on Thursday, and then meet up with me (and potentially a few other cars) in Detroit, for the push to Dayton. It's 200 miles, or about 3 hours to Dayton from Detroit.

Patrick C
04-20-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd imagine that Devon (LordFly on Talk), from London, ON, Canada, is going to Dayton via Detroit, thus you could always meet up with him in London, if he was game to caravanning, and was leaving sometime around noon on Thursday, and then meet up with me (and potentially a few other cars) in Detroit, for the push to Dayton. It's 200 miles, or about 3 hours to Dayton from Detroit.

I'll be leaving from Mackinaw City around 1PM that Thursday. Would love to meet up with others in Detroit.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-20-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm not too keen on driving 10 plus hours, then immediately start drag racing -- any chance the Today hotel room reservation could be extended to Wednesday night?

Nevermind: I can get a Days Inn for $47. I'll just stay off site Wednesday night.

Bill Robertson

NightFlyer
04-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Nevermind: I can get a Days Inn for $47. I'll just stay off site Wednesday night.

Bill Robertson

Sorry I didn't get back to you - Steve is in charge of the Today room. Off-site is probably your best bet for Wed pm though - it would certainly be cheaper...

NightFlyer
04-20-2014, 10:12 PM
I'll be leaving from Mackinaw City around 1PM that Thursday. Would love to meet up with others in Detroit.

I was hoping to leave Detroit no later than 2pm, in order to make the drag strip venture worthwhile. Are you interested in doing the drag strip with us? If so, any chance that you could be in Detroit by 2pm? If so, then we could caravan :)

stevedmc
04-21-2014, 05:36 PM
The nights for the today room are posted somewhere on this thread. I think it is reserved for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.

From the looks of things I will be flying to DCS. As far as I know, Chad, Bill, Josh and myself are the only defines for the Today room.

As far as I am concerned everyone is welcome to share the room. I'll gladly sleep on the floor as long as I can have French toast for breakfast.

Dracula
04-21-2014, 05:43 PM
The nights for the today room are posted somewhere on this thread. I think it is reserved for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.

From the looks of things I will be flying to DCS. As far as I know, Chad, Bill, Josh and myself are the only defines for the Today room.

As far as I am concerned everyone is welcome to share the room. I'll gladly sleep on the floor as long as I can have French toast for breakfast.

I'll bring the maple syrup.

NightFlyer
04-21-2014, 06:07 PM
I'll bring the maple syrup.

And I'll bring the handcuffs, leather masks, ball gags, ....

Oops - wrong forum :)

Boo
04-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Has anyone tried the Challah bread French toast?

Thoughts?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
04-23-2014, 09:25 AM
If you try to reserve a room through the DCS website they are shown as sold out, but if you call the hotel direct they will happily reserve a room at the same discounted rate ($109): (937) 223-1000.

Bill Robertson

Rich_NYS
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
I might show up on Thursday night dressed like Nikki Sixx from the 2nd Crue album & trash my hotel room....

stevedmc
04-23-2014, 04:47 PM
If you try to reserve a room through the DCS website they are shown as sold out, but if you call the hotel direct they will happily reserve a room at the same discounted rate ($109): (937) 223-1000.

Bill Robertson

Does this mean that Bill isn't planning to share a room with us?

NightFlyer
04-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Does this mean that Bill isn't planning to share a room with us?

Of course Bill is sharing a room with us :)

stevedmc
04-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Is anyone thinking of going to the DPI open house? I seem to remember Josh telling me he is going to throw some sort of shin dig the Sunday after DCS.

Due to a bunch of recent events, I am seriously considering flying instead of driving. Now I'm going nuts trying to figure out plane tickets too.

micmak
04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Is anyone thinking of going to the DPI open house? I seem to remember Josh telling me he is going to throw some sort of shin dig the Sunday after DCS.

Yep. A few of us are planning on dropping by. We nearly have to pass his place anyway on our way home to Toronto. Not sure how many are going but there will be some Canadian representation there!

......Mike......

NightFlyer
04-29-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm game for checking out the DPI open house on Sunday.

Dracula
04-29-2014, 07:07 PM
No.

stevedmc
04-29-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure what the times are for the open house but I can get a flight out of Akron, OH on Sunday at 5:25pm. If I can bum a ride off of someone to the Akron airport I would love to check out DPI. According to Google the airport is only 20 minutes from DPI.

NightFlyer
04-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure what the times are for the open house but I can get a flight out of Akron, OH on Sunday at 5:25pm. If I can bum a ride off of someone to the Akron airport I would love to check out DPI. According to Google the airport is only 20 minutes from DPI.

Shouldn't be a problem.

stevedmc
04-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Well snap. I guess I better book my plane tickets. I sent DPI Josh a message on facebook asking about the party but he hasn't answered yet. Does anyone know the exact plans/times for Sunday?

stevedmc
04-30-2014, 04:17 AM
It looks like I'm flying to DCS this year.

My flight arrives in Dayton, OH (DAY) on Thursday, June 12th at 1:47 PM if anyone is available to pick this poor fool up. I promise to provide free entertainment on the way to the hotel to whoever picks me up.

Dracula
04-30-2014, 09:04 AM
I can get you; shouldn't be a problem.

NightFlyer
04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Excellent!

This means that I can plan on getting to Dayton earlier than originally expected, and in time to make it to Kil-Kare for the gate opening at 5pm :)

I'll start a new thread for the Dragway outing in Dayton on Thursday night.

stevedmc
04-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Awesome. Thanks so much guys.

stevedmc
06-01-2014, 07:16 PM

Dracula
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
It amazes me that there were enough people who were willing to pay for him to attend. I suppose they see him as some sort of mascot.

stevedmc
06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I offered to give him a free plane ticket.

tom kish vin.4357
06-02-2014, 09:31 AM
I offered to give him a free plane ticket.

Steve are you sure you offered him a free ticket? I heard it was Bill :D!!!

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Steve are you sure you offered him a free ticket? I heard it was Bill :D!!!

Technically it wouldn't have been free. The plane ticket would have cost me $10.

On a side note, why is it that I feel more and more like Tamir as each day passes? I come on this forum about as much as Tamir shows up on Talk.

Frankly, sometimes I feel like the Wizard of Oz.

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Back on topic with this thread, as of right now I think we have four people in the Today room.

1. Myself
2. Bill (he currently has his own reservation that he needs to cancel)
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad

Dan Harris sent a message out on the DMCForum asking for a room mate. I sent him an invite. Perhaps we can pack this room to the brim.

Incidentally, yes I do have a reservation with two beds. Bill mentioned last month that he got scared and booked his own room. He mentioned thinking that one of our potential room mates might be mad at him or something. Hopefully you two kiss and make up that way Bill will cancel his reservation and join us.

Dracula
06-04-2014, 08:56 AM
He mentioned thinking that one of our potential room mates might be mad at him or something. Hopefully you two kiss and make up that way Bill will cancel his reservation and join us.

I can infer from this that Steve and Bill aren't fighting and, since I know that I am not at war with Bill; Josh, why are you and Bill fighting?

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 08:57 AM
I think Bill is just jealous that Josh has a concourse car with 30 year old tires.

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Bill was just upset because I proved that Wasteland was a better lesbian flick than Blue is the Warmest Color :)

I've never fought with any members of this forum and am cool with everyone! Although, I've heard that Matt David smells funny... J/K ;)

Are none of our DC area members attending DCS - Matt, Sam, sedated, etc? What's the deal you guys?

Dracula
06-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I think Bill is just jealous that Josh has a concourse car with 30 year old tires.

Technically, he has TWO sets of 30-year-old tires. I think I may be an enabler...

whocruiser
06-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Back on topic with this thread, as of right now I think we have four people in the Today room.

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad

Dan Harris sent a message out on the DMCForum asking for a room mate. I sent him an invite. Perhaps we can pack this room to the brim.

Incidentally, yes I do have a reservation with two beds. Bill mentioned last month that he got scared and booked his own room. He mentioned thinking that one of our potential room mates might be mad at him or something. Hopefully you two kiss and make up that way Bill will cancel his reservation and join us.

Well, if the welcome mat is still out, I'm happy to join y'all ;-) I'm definitely in economy mode this year, and will be happy with a clear spot on the floor, half a bed, or whatever else works. If it's 100% confirmed that I'm in with you for Thu, Fri, and Sat nights, then I'll let Ken K know that I'll be canceling my own room reservation in case he knows anyone currently shut out who may need it. Looking forward to a fun (and now even more economical) weekend with y'all in Dayton :-)

Dan Harris - VIN 1150 in South Florida

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Technically, he has TWO sets of 30-year-old tires. I think I may be an enabler...

That's 33-year-old-tires :cool:

Thanks again Chad - my father really enjoyed meeting you! :)

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Well, if the welcome mat is still out, I'm happy to join y'all ;-) I'm definitely in economy mode this year, and will be happy with a clear spot on the floor, half a bed, or whatever else works. If it's 100% confirmed that I'm in with you for Thu, Fri, and Sat nights, then I'll let Ken K know that I'll be canceling my own room reservation in case he knows anyone currently shut out who may need it. Looking forward to a fun (and now even more economical) weekend with y'all in Dayton :-)

Dan Harris - VIN 1150 in South Florida

The more we pack in, the lower the cost for all involved - good to have you on-board and look forward to meeting you in Dayton!

BTW - Welcome to the forum :)

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I just got off the phone with the Marriott in Dayton and the reservation is confirmed.

Check in is Thursday June 12.
Check out is Sunday June 15.

Total cost for the room with two beds is $370.33 (including tax)

Should we only have four people in the room the cost will be $93 per person.

Should we have five people in the room the cost will be $74 per person.

Right now this is our list of people staying in the room.

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
5. Dan Harris (whocruiser)

This should be an interesting weekend.

Dracula
06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm going to bring two "pimp suits" to match my car.

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a battle of the pimp suits will be occurring within our room :)

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I just got off the phone with the Marriott in Dayton and the reservation is confirmed.

Check in is Thursday June 12.
Check out is Sunday June 15.

Should we only have four people in the room the cost will be $93 per person.

Should we have five people in the room the cost will be $74 per person.

Right now this is our list of people staying in the room.

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad

This should be an interesting weekend.

I'm really liking that price for 5, although the price for 6 or 7 would be even better :D

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm game for having more people. I'm just not sure if the rest of the people in our room are.

The room key situation will be interesting too. Unless someone has a machine for copying keys we will probably only have two.

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm game for having more people. I'm just not sure if the rest of the people in our room are.

The room key situation will be interesting too. Unless someone has a machine for copying keys we will probably only have two.

I'm sure that the hotel will be more than happy to provide extra keys - I've never had a problem getting extra keys from hotels.

Dracula
06-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a battle of the pimp suits will be occurring within our room :)

If you want a real battle, I still have a large assortment of WWII uniforms.

Jokes aside, I'm all for more people. The key situation is also easily remedied; you request three keys and simply go to the front desk and state that you "lost" your key whenever there's a shift change until the need is met.

stevedmc
06-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Marriott deactivates old keys when you lose them.

I'm game for asking for several keys though. Would five keys be pushing it?

Dracula
06-04-2014, 06:47 PM
It shouldn't be; most families with kids do it all the time.

If you're worried about deactivation, then say that you left the key in the room.

NightFlyer
06-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Just tell them you want 5 keys. If they ask why, tell them that you like to keep one in your pocket, one in the room, one in the car, one in your wallet, etc. Shouldn't be an issue.

tom kish vin.4357
06-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm sure that the hotel will be more than happy to provide extra keys - I've never had a problem getting extra keys from hotels.

!!!How about that!!! and i thought NightFlyer only got rooms by the hour!!!

Rich_NYS
06-04-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm tempted to join the party, I have a double booked for my dad & I but he's not coming.

I could also start another group room if your list gets too big, and I also saw a few guys on Talk mention they were looking to share a room.

I'm going to advertise hookers & cocaine and see if it generates any interest...........

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the Today room share program :)

So, with Rich, that makes 6 in our room and only $62/person for the weekend - excellent.

I have no problems with that :)

FYI - there's already another room share going with Tom Kish and Dave M. Not sure, but I'd think that they'd be more than happy to accommodate any overflow from the Today room share program, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Splitting the mattresses from the box-springs, and we effectively have 4 beds. Looks like there's a couple of chairs in the rooms as well. Not to mention that you can usually get a cot from the front desk, thus all 6 people should have a decent place to sleep.

I'll bring whatever air mattresses I have as well - I know I have one for sure, but may have another one packed away in the basement. So, we'll have those available as well.

I'll be good sleeping in the closet if necessary :)

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 12:16 AM
!!!How about that!!! and i thought NightFlyer only got rooms by the hour!!!

Hour - please, you give me far too much credit. More like by the minute :cool:

Rich_NYS
06-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the Today room share program :)

So, with Rich, that makes 6 in our room and only $62/person for the weekend - excellent.

I have no problems with that :)

FYI - there's already another room share going with Tom Kish and Dave M. Not sure, but I'd think that they'd be more than happy to accommodate any overflow from the Today room share program, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Splitting the mattresses from the box-springs, and we effectively have 4 beds. Looks like there's a couple of chairs in the rooms as well. Not to mention that you can usually get a cot from the front desk, thus all 6 people should have a decent place to sleep.

I'll bring whatever air mattresses I have as well - I know I have one for sure, but may have another one packed away in the basement. So, we'll have those available as well.

I'll be good good sleeping in the closet if necessary :)

I'll wait for a green light from the rest of your room before cancelling my reservation, but will also make sure there isn't someone that doesn't have a room & wants to share one. If I get another room going, I'm still coming over to yours if one of those rebels brings a mason jar -lol!

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 12:39 AM
You're already green lighted if you want to join us :)

But I call dibs on the closet ;)

stevedmc
06-05-2014, 08:24 AM
This is going to be epic.

So right now, here is the list.

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
6. Rich_NYS

This brings the cost down to $62 each. Beat that price you luxury hotel!

I would bring a sleeping back but I am flying on Delta for this trip. They charge a few dollars to check luggage and I am a cheap skate.

As long as this is cool with the first five people on the list we will welcome Rich to the group. But I must note, I don't plan to be around when Josh (Nighflyer) comes out of the closet.

stevedmc
06-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Incidentally, I believe I remember someone voicing a concern about having that many people sharing the rest room. I for one plan to take my craps in the lobby rest room. It will make things much easier and I won't have to worry about stinking up our room. I'm just going to use our rest room for showers and an occasional pee.

Rich_NYS
06-05-2014, 09:00 AM
This is going to be epic.

So right now, here is the list.

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
6. Rich_NYS

This brings the cost down to $62 each. Beat that price you luxury hotel!

I would bring a sleeping back but I am flying on Delta for this trip. They charge a few dollars to check luggage and I am a cheap skate.

As long as this is cool with the first five people on the list we will welcome Rich to the group. But I must note, I don't plan to be around when Josh (Nighflyer) comes out of the closet.

In case six is too many, I'll withdraw and make my room available to share to find a roomate or two, no worries. :cool:

I'm travelling with a sleeping bag & mat so I'm good with the floor....Army strong, yo.

Closet....lol!

stevedmc
06-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm all for six people. I guess my words came across the wrong way.

I'm in cost saving mode these days. The more the merrier.

Rich_NYS
06-05-2014, 09:45 AM
I guess my tine came across the wrong way.

Not at all....I used a poor choice of words (edited it.) I was meaning if six is too many due to keys, policies, bathrooms...etc, don't worry about trying to squeeze me in 'cause I already have a room I can probably add people to. :thumbup:

BTW, I'm counting on you southerners to bring at least 2 quarts....and none of that pineapple stuff either, lol!

Farrar
06-05-2014, 10:44 AM
AirBNB has met its match: AirDMC.

Boglin
06-05-2014, 11:12 AM

Roflmao did you make that???

stevedmc
06-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Nah. I think Simon made it. I found it on Facebook.

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 02:06 PM
But I must note, I don't plan to be around when Josh (Nighflyer) comes out of the closet.

Just remember that I'll be keeping 'the BIG package' in there with me just for you ;)

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/451/r-kelly-closet.jpg

Incidentally, I believe I remember someone voicing a concern about having that many people sharing the rest room. I for one plan to take my craps in the lobby rest room. It will make things much easier and I won't have to worry about stinking up our room. I'm just going to use our rest room for showers and an occasional pee.

That was my plan as well.

Conundrum
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I currently have a registration and I'm will to join someone else or they can join me. I waited to the last minute for this I know. I spoke to the Marriott last night and I was told that their computer system will actually go into the negative. Thursday night they were overbooked a few registrations, but by then it may work itself out. The other nights were golden though.

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Conundrum :)

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Wow. I'm game for seven people if everyone else is. What does that drive the price down to?

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 04:30 PM
As long as I get the closet, 7 works for me :)

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Wow. If we keep this up I'm going to end up paying more for airport parking in New Orleans than my share of the room.

Rich_NYS
06-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Wow..lol!

Let me know where we stand with a vote from the other guys in the room. If six (with me) is too tight and/or Conundrum would rather room with just one other I'll share a room with him. I can work with either arrangement...thanks!

Signed,

"Low-maintenance Rich_NYS"

Dracula
06-06-2014, 05:19 PM
More people, less cost.

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Once again, this is going to be epic. I feel almost like I am running a hotel at DCS. lol

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
6. Rich_NYS
7. Conundrum (no clue what his real name is)

This brings the cost down to $53 a person.

I am scheduled to arrive in Dayton from Atlanta on Delta flight 1205 at 1:47pm. Chad plans to pick me up from the airport. I am not sure if we will have time to go to the hotel first or not. But the room will be available Thursday night.

Anyone who needs to contact me on Thursday just give me a call. (225) 435-9566

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 05:27 PM
I just did a little more math and the per night cost is cheaper than some hotels I have stayed in. Based on 7 people, the cost per person is $18 a night. Not bad at all. Too bad the place doesn't have a free continental breakfast.

Rich_NYS
06-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I just did a little more math and the per night cost is cheaper than some hotels I have stayed in. Based on 7 people, the cost per person is $18 a night. Not bad at all. Too bad the place doesn't have a free continental breakfast.

Let's hire strippers to bring breakfast every morning....

Dracula
06-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I thought the hotel was the first stop. Where am I taking you if not the hotel?

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 05:39 PM
I thought the hotel was the first stop. Where am I taking you if not the hotel?

Hotel for the first stop is perfect. Don't you boys and girls have some sort of race track we are going to later that day? I've made no effort to figure out what is going on. I'm just the guy with the hotel room and jar of Nutella.

Dracula
06-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Drag Strip events start at 5:00; I imagine that the airport is reasonably close to the hotel, so it wouldn't take 3 hours to get there.

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Awesome. Thanks again.

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Drag Strip events start at 5:00; I imagine that the airport is reasonably close to the hotel, so it wouldn't take 3 hours to get there.

Yeah, baby! :)

I plan on being in Dayton at the hotel no later than 4 pm (of course, this is all dependent upon Tom Kish's towing schedule).

Rich_NYS
06-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Let's hire strippers to bring breakfast every morning....

So.......no strippers?

stevedmc
06-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Bill usually strips down to his underwear at night. Does that count?

Rich_NYS
06-06-2014, 10:34 PM
OMG....hellno, not unless the E that Josh is bringing will make Bill look like a hot tattooed chick.

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 10:34 PM

That means that I'll definitely be in the closet :cool:

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 10:41 PM
OMG....hellno, not unless the E that Josh is bringing will make Bill look like a hot tattooed chick.

You're going to have to talk to Steve about that one, as the last batch he sold me was CRAP - it made all chicks look like Joy Behar (still shuddering at the memories of that bad trip), so it's your best guess as to what it will make Bill look like, but guessing somewhere between Eric Estrada and Sandra Bernhard.

Hmm... then again, perhaps there will be room in the closet for two :p

Conundrum
06-06-2014, 11:59 PM
Once again, this is going to be epic. I feel almost like I am running a hotel at DCS. lol

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
6. Rich_NYS

I am scheduled to arrive in Dayton from Atlanta on Delta flight 1205 at 1:47pm. Chad plans to pick me up from the airport. I am not sure if we will have time to go to the hotel first or not. But the room will be available Thursday night.

My name is Matt. I'm game for saving money but what if all seven of us go in and the hotel says no that's too much? That's the only issue I have right now.

Conundrum
06-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Also, I plan to be there around 4 pm Thursday.

NightFlyer
06-07-2014, 01:10 AM
My name is Matt. I'm game for saving money but what if all seven of us go in and the hotel says no that's too much? That's the only issue I have right now.

Never happen, unless we cause it to by acting like a bunch of jackasses. Wait a minute... OK, so it could conceivably happen. J/K. As long as we don't draw attention to ourselves or the room (beyond our group anyway), it shouldn't be an issue, unless someone rats us out.

Anyway, good to have you aboard the DMCToday room share program! I'm really liking that $53/each rate :)

Just so you know though - I've got the closet :)

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Point of order: Bill sleeps in a pair of shorts. They may look like boxers at a glance, but I assure you: there's a pair of tighty whiteys underneath (TMI).

Bill Robertson

Rich_NYS
06-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm fine with splitting a room with Matt, seven is sounding pretty tight....

stevedmc
06-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Point of order: Bill sleeps in a pair of shorts. They may look like boxers at a glance, but I assure you: there's a pair of tighty whiteys underneath (TMI).

Bill Robertson

Oops. I've never really looked up close. When Bill puts on his pajamas I instantly direct my eyes towards another section of the room.

NightFlyer
06-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Just got done mounting and balancing the NCTs!

And I got my OEM spare bead sealed (they didn't have a small enough tube).

So tire wise, I'm all set for the trip to DCS and then on to the DPI open house, and then back :cool:

All together, the NCTs should see about 850 miles of use on this trip :)

NightFlyer
06-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Anyone else hear the rumors that Tom Kish and Dave M are going to be throwing all night wild parties in their room at DCS? :cool:

tom kish vin.4357
06-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Never happen, unless we cause it to by acting like a bunch of jackasses. Wait a minute... OK, so it could conceivably happen. J/K. As long as we don't draw attention to ourselves or the room it shouldn't be an issue, unless someone rats us out.

Just so you know though - I've got the closet :)
Hummm Hey Dave, wonder what it's worth to the boys with 7 in the room not to be ratted out? And then there is the story of the other one in the closet with his blow up bottle!!!

Bitsyncmaster
06-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Anyone else hear the rumors that Tom Kish and Dave M are going to be throwing all night wild parties in their room at DCS? :cool:

I only drink expensive scotch and entertain good looking woman.:)

Since I can't afford either....my party days are over.

Bitsyncmaster
06-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Just got done mounting and balancing the NCTs!

And I got my OEM spare bead sealed (they didn't have a small enough tube).

So tire wise, I'm all set for the trip to DCS and then on to the DPI open house, and then back :cool:

All together, the NCTs should see about 850 miles of use on this trip :)

I only had about 28 PSI in my spare. Don't know how old it is but it looks great. But I was scared when I filled it with 60 PSI.

tom kish vin.4357
06-07-2014, 02:35 PM

Dave and me would show certain candyasses about throwing all night wild parties if we could remember that far back!!

Rich_NYS
06-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I haven't received any takers on my offer to share or takeover my room, so I'll go ahead & cancel it.

If Matt wants to avoid any potential hassles of too many guys in one room, I'm up for splitting the cost of a room with him if he wants.

Otherwise, count me in for being one of the jackasses....

Dracula
06-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I like the idea of a takeover; particularly a hostile one. Though, I don't imagine that will be necessary.

Seeing as I'll have no involvement in the concourse judging, I can probably leave my WWII uniforms at home.

Boo
06-07-2014, 07:13 PM
That means that I'll definitely be in the closet :cool:

Oh, and I won't be there to tell Josh to "come out of the closet."

Out of everything DCS has to offer, I will surely miss that the most! :(

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Hummm Hey Dave, wonder what it's worth to the boys with 7 in the room not to be ratted out? And then there is the story of the other one in the closet with his blow up bottle!!!

Hot babes only :)

http://media.au.timeout.com/contentFiles/image/gay-lesbian/closet-v2_3-poster-a3-midsumma-482.jpg

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 02:43 PM
I only drink expensive scotch and entertain good looking woman.:)

Since I can't afford either....my party days are over.

Nah, you'll just have to lower your standards a little - cheap whiskey and mediocre looking women :)

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Otherwise, count me in for being one of the jackasses....

Welcome to the room... just remember that I've got the closet :)

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/30/30293188ce7b541a34344e5645c14a0ec493bf526f68976f71 6bdb9244ba8c19.jpg

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 02:51 PM
I like the idea of a takeover; particularly a hostile one. Though, I don't imagine that will be necessary.

Seeing as I'll have no involvement in the concourse judging, I can probably leave my WWII uniforms at home.

A hostile takeover of Tom Kish and Dave M's room... hmm... I'm liking it :D

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Oh, and I won't be there to tell Josh to "come out of the closet."

Out of everything DCS has to offer, I will surely miss that the most! :(

Just remember what happens in closets...

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000061442325-tcfiap-original.jpg?30a2558

NightFlyer
06-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I only had about 28 PSI in my spare. Don't know how old it is but it looks great. But I was scared when I filled it with 60 PSI.

Mine's original Dunmurry. It was leaking around the bead. I wanted to tube it, but they didn't have one small enough to where it would pinch, so it got bead sealed to the wheel instead.

Farrar
06-08-2014, 04:16 PM
http://media.au.timeout.com/contentFiles/image/gay-lesbian/closet-v2_3-poster-a3-midsumma-482.jpg

You only uploaded part of the picture. ;)

Rich_NYS
06-08-2014, 10:04 PM

1. Myself
3. Josh (Nightflyer)
4. Chad
6. Rich_NYS

I Pm'd w/conundrum; seven seems a bit too cramped. He has a room he wanted to share with one or two others, but hasn't been able to get anyone else to split the cost of his room so I'm going to room with him. Sorry for the false alarm, but I'll still be comin' over for the tattooed strippers!

-Rich

whocruiser
06-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm in deep economy mode at present, so no worries on how many bodies may be crammed into the room. But dammit, I wanted the closet :-(

Also, I just posted this bit over on Talk & News, applies here too if anyone can help:

Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $40 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
As Steve mentioned, I've got a second room (reserved at the DCS rate after the block was theoretically sold out, thank you very much). I can take overflow as necessary, provided roomies aren't assholes.

Bill Robertson

Farrar
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
thank you very much

You're welcome. :)

NightFlyer
06-09-2014, 07:42 PM
So, in the Today room share, we have the following:

Steve - confirmed
NightFlyer (Josh S.) - confirmed
whocruiser (Dan H.) - confirmed
Dracula (Chad K.) - confirmed
content22207 (Bill R.) - ???

Rich_NYS and Conundrum have their own room and are thus out of the Today room.

Is Bill in the Today room, or does he have his own room?

stevedmc
06-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I think Bill has his own room. As long as no one else cancels on us we should have a total of four people in the Today room.

NightFlyer
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Bill really should cancel his room and join us in the Today room. :cool:

stevedmc
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Bill really should cancel his room and join us in the Today room. :cool:

Yeah really. Someone with experience needs to demonstrate the trick of turning two beds into four.

Dracula
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Indeed. We need Bill.

stevedmc
06-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Indeed. We need Bill.

I have a feeling Bill doesn't need us though. The man could possibly be rich and is in no need to save a few dollars these days.

So right now we have four people with a cost of $93 per person. If Bill joins us the cost drops to $74 a person.

The way I see it, Bill has two options.
1. Bill can sleep by himself and pay $370. This could be to Bill's advantage if he runs into any lesbians at McDonald's.
2. Bill can sleep with us and pay $74. If this happens Bill is more than welcome to invite his lesbian friends to the Today room. They could teach Nightflyer how to come out of the closet.

NightFlyer
06-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Someone other than R. Kelley needs to teach me how to come out of the closet :D

Yes - we NEED Bill!

Bill, Bill, he's da man, if he can't do it, no one can - yay Bill!

Come on Bill, cancel your room and stay with all the cool people in the Today room - Tom Kish would totally be jealous of you :)

Boo
06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
I know what Bill will say. "$370. That ain't nothin' but a thang!"

Post many DCS pics guys! Even while you are there! Ill be looking for the this weekend! But please, no pics of Josh coming out of the closet! LOL
:rolleyes:

Of course Bill is rich, who else would go spend about $5000 on a rusty cab?

NightFlyer
06-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Lou should be there with us sharing the Today room - we were supposed to hang out together :)

whocruiser
06-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Have accepted a kind offer for a ride in from the airport to the hotel on Thursday. And I now have the EARLY Sunday morning hotel to airport run confirmed with a local professional minivan-for-hire guy, he's OK with a 4:30am pickup in the hotel lobby, but was already booked elsewhere on Thursday, so I guess it was just fate. And since he does have room for up to 6 passengers, he says it's OK for me to recruit any other early Sunday 6am-ish and later flight people who can ride along and split his $40 flat fee with me, and then we can all tip him nicely for being so accommodating ;-)