PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean in the Wild

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Just got off the phone with my DC area fire department buddy. He recently went to supper at an off the grid DeLorean owner's house, a stone's throw from Crofton MD (Rich Acuti's old haunt -- whatever happened to him?). Car suffered K-Jet issues and hasn't been on the road in nearly a decade. Front & rear fascias were removed for painting, currently not on the car. Gas flap hood. Good body, somewhat tired interior. Owner is very disenchanted with the car and wants to sell it. I've already got one non-running DeLorean (that will change eventually -- I promise...) -- anybody else interested? He's going to call me later with contact info.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
01-03-2014, 08:40 AM
How much does he want for it? I'm flat broke, trying to pay off debt, save money, and possibly getting married soon. Spending more money sounds like a wise decision to me.

Boglin
01-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I may be interested only because its conveniently nearby.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
01-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Just got off the phone with my fire department buddy. Apparently his magician friend has decided he wants to fix up his DeLorean and put it back on the road, so at this time it does not appear to be available for purchase.

Bill Robertson

Boglin
01-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Oh gee can anyone guess how this will turn out? I hear the bandsaw running already.