PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: all metal radiator

Jack
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
All metal radiator.
Anyone got "spare" radiator form a parts car laying around?
If not ill get one from a vendor just figured I'd check.
Parts have been dropping like flies from my car lately.

stevedmc
10-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't have a spare but I can tell you the DMCH unit is top quality. The only bad part is it is aluminum so it is difficult to get repaired if you ever have a leak.

Boo
10-19-2013, 06:58 AM
I am removing my stock, plastic rad today and replacing it with DMCH aluminum one. I was worried about corrosion. I live on the water and everything aluminum on my property corrodes über-fast. It is painted so hopefully that coating will prevent corrosion. I'm looking forward to not having to keep an eye on the temp. Gauge constantly, but I probably still will. With that goes in a new ac condenser and hopefully my ac can hold a charge, not piss out all the freon like its been doing.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
10-19-2013, 12:00 PM
You do realize the condensor is aluminum (and the evaporator). And the cooling pipes. And the engine itself....

I fully agree that sea spray gets absolutely everywhere (my car is a total mess after last weekend). I once purchased a Lincoln from Wilmington NC that had salt damage *INSIDE* the dashboard. Road salt at least isn't airborne.

Bill Robertson

Boo
10-20-2013, 03:43 AM
As it turns out the radiator in my car was metal. I guess it was once replaced. Oh well , now I have a brand new Houston aluminum radiator and a new condenser which I will charge come spring. Now to figure out why my number 18 fuse melted itself into the fuse block, killing my drivers side parking lamps, window motor and side lamps. What an electrical mess! Fuses near it look melted too....great !

Boo
10-20-2013, 06:48 AM
I would offer you mine but I doubt you'd want it. I noticed a leak while removing it.