09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Steve Sucks!

stevedmc
09-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Ron sucks.

NightFlyer
09-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Yay - Ron is finally on Today! :)

Now all we need to do is get him to actually drive his car!

Uh oh, I better watch it or I might get banned :p

Dracula
09-24-2013, 03:02 PM

I'm putting you on Double Secret Probation instead.

stevedmc
09-24-2013, 03:09 PM

This must be some sort of sign. I just watched that movie last night.

NightFlyer
09-24-2013, 03:24 PM

Just as long as you do so while grabbing the bull by the balls :cool:

Ron
09-24-2013, 05:07 PM

I've been here all along...all five of me. LMFAO!

P.S. Eat shit. I like french toast. Don't vote Democratic. And may the good Lord bless you.

NightFlyer
09-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I've been here all along...all five of me. LMFAO!

P.S. Eat shit. I like french toast. Don't vote Democratic. And may the good Lord bless you.

So, Ron has five (5) accounts on Today, eh...

BTW - Didn't that feel good :p

stevedmc
09-24-2013, 07:01 PM
So, Ron has five (5) accounts on Today, eh...

BTW - Didn't that feel good :p

Maybe Ron is trying to trick us into banning him for having multiple accounts. Last I checked, the DMCToday rules don't say anything about multiple accounts.

If this were the Talk forum, moderators would be going nuts trying to figure out which five accounts were the same person. Here on Today, we could care less.

NightFlyer
09-24-2013, 07:08 PM
If this were the Talk forum, moderators would be going nuts trying to figure out which five accounts were the same person. Here on Today, we could care less.

Exactly! He could have 100 accounts for all I care.

Dracula
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I have a life; there's no way I'd try to discern 100 fake accounts.

NightFlyer
09-24-2013, 10:38 PM
We all know that Ron is just trying to obtain 4 posts here on Today so that he'll be eligible to enter the weekly prize drawings :cool:

Ron
09-25-2013, 11:37 AM
BTW - Didn't that feel good :pPolitics, religion, an off topic, belligerent, vulgar, insult, with a alias, all at once in the wrong thread...quite cathartic actually. Not to mention the ironic beauty that noone cares, here.

We all know that Ron is just trying to obtain 4 posts here on Today so that he'll be eligible to enter the weekly prize drawings :cool:But Steve made me an admin to forestall that!
Oh yeah...too late.

stevedmc
09-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Now Ron and Josh can speak their true feelings toward one another without a bunch of silly rules holding them back. Isn't it great?

For the record, they secretly love each other. I have the emails and PMs to prove it.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
So admins *CAN* read PM's, eh? That explains some things that happened on Talk.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
09-25-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't know if admins can read other people's PMs or not. I've never tried and have no desire to find out.

I was refering to the PMs that Josh sent me asking if Ron is mad at him and the emails that Ron sent me saying he ain't mad.

NightFlyer
09-25-2013, 12:08 PM

Bill Robertson

I hope not, as I'd hate to have all those things that I've said about Bill in PM's to other members actually come to light someday :p

NightFlyer
09-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Now Ron and Josh can speak their true feelings toward one another without a bunch of silly rules holding them back. Isn't it great?

For the record, they secretly love each other. I have the emails and PMs to prove it.

I love all my fellow DeLorean owners/enthusiasts - except for that creepy guy from Woodward (just kidding, there wasn't any creepy guy).

Duplicate Account
09-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Ron, one time when I did something bannable, like make a silly comment, you said that "all the other administrators were asking" you to ban me. Who were all the other administrators that have a grudge against me, and why?

Ron
09-25-2013, 01:08 PM

Bill Robertson
#5939FWIW- The software there is much more advanced than here, but it offers no way to do it. I seriously doubt vBulletin will ever go for that.
However, I do know a way to accomplish it, but it will leave a permanent trail showing that it has been done, which any admin can easily see, if he thinks of it. I can tell you that there is no such trail for you account. And I never saw where it was done on any Talk account, nor if anyone there is aware of the hole.
I noticed it because of experience developing some in-house software for the cutthroat sales team at a software company I used to work for.

It doesn't take any computer science to figure it out...I wonder which admin here could figure it out first... Who likes puzzles?

NightFlyer
09-25-2013, 01:29 PM
It doesn't take any computer science to figure it out...I wonder which admin here could figure it out first... Who likes puzzles?

Honestly, I don't see any of the admins here caring/wanting to figure it out.

NOTE TO MEMBERS WITHOUT IMPLICATION OF RON'S COMMENT: PM's are private and should/will remain such on DMCToday.

After all, how else can we all rag about Bill while pretending to like him :p

For the record, I love Bill :)

stevedmc
09-25-2013, 02:00 PM
. PM's are private and should remain such.

What he said.

Anyway, I thought we were running a newer version of vBulletin than the other guys. I considered running the forum on vBulletin 5 but the version of SQL my host is running doesn't support it. Oh well. This version works just fine and frankly, running the latest version of something isn't the most wise thing to do. Just a few weeks ago I got an email from vBulletin describing a nasty security flaw in version 5. Thankfully we are on version 4.

Farrar
09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
SQL is the best example I can find of "man's inhumanity to man."

Welcome aboard, Ron. :)

Ron
09-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Ron, one time when I did something bannable, like make a silly comment, you said that "all the other administrators were asking" you to ban me. Who were all the other administrators that have a grudge against me, and why?
I wrote a very length reply, hoping to explain a lot of things to you along with everyone else. But reviewing it, I noticed you chose to load the question with "something bannable, like make a silly comment" -- It has never been that simple with anyone -- You know that. Everyone here knows that.
So I deleted it. Futile.

As for the other part, they did not have to "ask" me. I do remember saying something like that about the other admins, but not in the way it reads above. I can't remember which time you are speaking of, so I ASSUME it is one of the times I posted in the admin section something like, 'so-n-so still don't get it..I might as well ban him this time so he will calm down again for a while", another may say "looks that way", another "Agreed." So, I tell you they "wanted" me to, not "asking" me to. And I tell you so you don't think it is just me -- So you WILL NOT be banned! [ Nobody wanted to ban anyone! We just wanted everyone to play ball by the rules agreed to. That Simple. ] If I said that, for whatever difference it makes, I misspoke, or, am not thinking of the incident I am now.
Why don't people seem think about the fact that they don't have to explain themselves. Why not just permaban them and be done with it, if they have a grudge -- their nickle, no significant repercussions, WTH? Um, don't answer that -- It's not my job to care anymore ;-)

If I took you wrong, PM me with some detail (on Talk so I can look back easily and answer you fully). This is not the place. Not why I am here...

Ron
09-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Honestly, I don't see any of the admins here caring/wanting to figure it out. PM's are private and should remain such.
PM's are private and should remain such.
I'm confused by the implication...
Figuring it out is the fun...not what you might do with it.

I give up. Damn!

P.S. Evidently, not my PMs LMAO

NightFlyer
09-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm confused by the implication...
Figuring it out is the fun...not what you might do with it.

I give up. Damn!

Yeah, I knew that - I like puzzles! :cool:

I wasn't implying anything - I just wanted Today members to know that their PM's will always remain private, even to admins, that's all :)

20+ other members are following/reading this thread, in addition to guests, you know and I didn't want there to be any confusion :p

Ron
09-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Welcome aboard, Ron. :)Thanks, Farrar!

stevedmc
09-26-2013, 03:38 AM
French toast

NightFlyer
09-26-2013, 04:51 AM
P.S. Evidently, not my PMs LMAO

???

If you're referring to what I believe you're referring to, I can assure you that everything of substance was in fact kept private and not shared. I only stated that which I've publicly asserted on numerous occasions even before our conversations - that being 1) that certain members of Talk obviously don't like me (but I still don't understand why) and wanted to see me off that forum; and 2) that one of the reasons for this dislike of me could be that they mistakenly believed that I was Bill using a bogus account in an attempt to sneak back onto Talk. I can forward you everything via PM if you want, as I have nothing to hide. :p

Duplicate Account
09-26-2013, 10:58 AM
This is not the place.

There's a place for almost everything here, French Toast and all.

Ron
09-26-2013, 02:24 PM
???

If you're referring to what I believe you're referring to, I can assure you that everything of substance was in fact kept private and not shared. I only stated that which I've publicly asserted on numerous occasions even before our conversations - that being 1) that certain members of Talk obviously don't like me (but I still don't understand why) and wanted to see me off that forum; and 2) that one of the reasons for this dislike of me could be that they mistakenly believed that I was Bill using a bogus account in an attempt to sneak back onto Talk. I can forward you everything via PM if you want, as I have nothing to hide. :p
No. I was referring to quotes (and private email) mentioned in this thread...going along with the joke.

Now I really give up...

Ron
09-26-2013, 02:25 PM
There's a place for almost everything here, French Toast and all.
I like French Toast!

CYA

stevedmc
09-26-2013, 02:26 PM
No. I was referring to..... and private

You aren't coming anywhere near my privates sir.

Ron
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
You...coming anywhere near my privates sirI beg your pardon!?!

NightFlyer
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
No. I was referring to quotes (and private email) mentioned in this thread...going along with the joke.

Now I really give up...

Darn it - I'm really misreading you and I'm sorry for doing that. I get it now :p

Ron
09-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Darn it - I'm really misreading you and I'm sorry for doing that. I get it now :pNo problem...I'm used to it.

J/K

NightFlyer
09-26-2013, 10:45 PM
No problem...I'm used to it.

J/K

Ron sucks :p

stevedmc
09-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Man I love this forum. Where else can you see two admins publicly bash it out and then kiss and make up?

thirdmanj
10-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Man I love this forum. Where else can you see two admins publicly bash it out and then kiss and make up?

Doesn't "bashing" violate the cardinal rule of "Today"? ;)

stevedmc
10-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Doesn't "bashing" violate the cardinal rule of "Today"? ;)

They kissed and made up. May I remind you that you are the only person to have been banned, temporarily at that, from DMCToday so far?

thirdmanj
10-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Oh I know. But you got that rule, right? "Be nice" or something like that? Bashing is not being nice.

stevedmc
10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh I know. But you got that rule, right? "Be nice" or something like that? Bashing is not being nice.

So what's your point?

thirdmanj
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Bashing is not being nice. If being nice is the major rule, what's the penalty for violating it?

stevedmc
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Beats me.

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
10-01-2013, 02:13 PM
With all due respect, beating the forum owner seems like a disproportionately harsh penalty.

Bill Robertson

Greasy DeLorean Mechanic
10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
... Why not just permaban them and be done with it, if they have a grudge -- their nickle, no significant repercussions, WTH? Um, don't answer that -- It's not my job to care anymore ;-)....

Been there, done that.

Bill Robertson

stevedmc
10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm confused. Was Ron suggesting that someone get banned from DMCToday? We don't ban anyone from Today except for thirdmanj and even at that, he only gets banned for five minutes at a time.

Dracula
10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Maybe he's referring to our "Double Secret Probation" system?

NightFlyer
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
French Toast :p

Ron
10-01-2013, 05:15 PM
No, I was suggesting if you really hated someone, just perma-ban them, since it would really piss them off and not have to go through the BS. Win-win, if that were the case. You know, a nice way to say the idea is ridiculous/sucks...

French Toast :p
With raspberry jelly.