PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2018 - St. Charles, IL 8/15 through 8/19

Pages : [1] 2

Dracula
12-16-2017, 06:38 PM
To quote the official announcement:

DeLorean Fans and Enthusiasts,

DCS 2018 will be held at the Mega Center at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL from August 15 through August 19, 2018.

Although this is the same hotel that hosted DCS 2006, the DCS Events will be in different facility locations than in 2006, with all Car Show and Vendor activities indoors (no tents). More details about all the changes at Pheasant Run Resort will be in a following post.

As mentioned earlier this Fall, we are adding an extra day to beginning of the Convention, which will be a Full-Day, Tech Day at Baltria Vintage Auto Gallery (adjacent to resort; short walk) on Wednesday, August 15, at no additional charge, to all registered DCS 2018 attendees.

A "regular" DCS schedule will follow on Thursday, August 16 through Sunday, August 19.

Note: Saturday DeLorean Car Show event date will be very easy to remember: 8/18/18

The location selection process for DCS 2018 was significantly longer than years' past for a number of reasons and the maximum added value was provided by this location.

Pheasant Run Resort was sold a number of years ago, and a new investment firm and new management team is in place. The entire resort is in the process of improvement. The hotel's Tower Rooms have been renovated and other areas have been refurbished including the lobby, hallways, ballrooms, and both the indoor and outdoor pools.

The DeLorean Car Show for 2006 was held in the DuPage Expo Center and in big tents behind the Expo, which has since been sold off and re-built into a new VW Dealership. The Mega Center has similar Main Floor footage as Prairie Capital Convention Center from DCS 2016 and significantly more footage than the DuPage Expo Center in 2006.

The Mega Center has received a number of upgrades as well, including a tan coating on the floor (similar to DeLorean Motor Company Midwest, for reference) and new lighting for the Main Floor. Under the new management, the Mega Center has hosted the Midwest Mecum Auction and several annual car shows, including the Midwest Pontiac Show for several years.

The adjacent auto restoration shop across the street from the Pheasant Run Resort will allow DCS 2018 to have a Full-Day, Hands-on Tech Session Day during the convention. Baltria Automotive has 12 lifts, indoor showroom and covered outdoor showroom area. We plan to do on-lift inspections, door adjustments, install demos and other minor work.

The Resort also has a recently refurbished theater (seats over 300) that DCS plans to use for screening Tamir Ardon's DeLorean Documentary, which is scheduled for 2018 release, along with other screening requests, such as Steve Concotelli's OUTATIME documentary. The theater also allows DCS an alternate location for our Keynote Speaker presentations.

The DCS Planning Team has secured an initial block of hotel rooms for $99/night, with the more recently refurbished Tower Rooms for $119 per night. Hotel Registration will be open
before the end of this month, so check for links on the forum during the Holiday Season and on the DCS Social Media sites. The DCS Planning Team will work to get the links ready soon.

We plan DCS 2018 Hotel Registration links to be provided before the end of December 2017. We plan DCS 2018 Event Registration links to be provided before the end of January 2018.

More details to follow.

Thanks,
Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Dracula
12-16-2017, 06:40 PM
While I absolutely loathe the idea of ANOTHER show in that God-forsaken cesspool that is Chicago; at least it's later in the year, so AC functionality will be less debilitating.

So, who's up for a room share?

stevedmc
12-16-2017, 06:41 PM
This is great news. Big hats off to Rich W for pulling this off.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Rich_NYS
12-16-2017, 10:22 PM
While I absolutely loathe the idea of ANOTHER show in that God-forsaken cesspool that is Chicago; at least it's later in the year, so AC functionality will be less debilitating.

So, who's up for a room share?

I'm in as long as I can make it....I'm planning to be there as long as I can get the time off. I might even drive my car there, especially if Jimmy is driving his.

powerline84
12-16-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm in as long as I can make it....I'm planning to be there as long as I can get the time off. I might even drive my car there, especially if Jimmy's driving his.

What he said ^^

stevedmc
12-17-2017, 10:17 AM
As soon as the hotel starts accepting reservations, I plan to make a reservation for one of those fancy $119 a night rooms. I plan to arrive in time for the tech day.

As always, anyone that wants to split the cost of the room is welcome. In Orlando, five of us managed to share one room and we had no problems at all.

Rich_NYS
12-17-2017, 11:09 AM
As soon as the hotel starts accepting reservations, I plan to make a reservation for one of those fancy $119 a night rooms. I plan to arrive in time for the tech day.

As always, anyone that wants to split the cost of the room is welcome. In Orlando, five of us managed to share one room and we had no problems at all.

What year was Orlando?

stevedmc
12-17-2017, 11:12 AM
2012. My mistake. It was Dayton where we put five in a room.

Rich_NYS
12-17-2017, 11:23 AM
I've been to 2 DCS's with you in the past 4 years, had a room share both times, and you wanna talk about shit that happened in 2012?

Foul!

Rich_NYS
12-17-2017, 11:25 AM
BTW, during a phone conversation with NightFlyer Josh (from DCS2016,) I think he said he'd make it to the next convention....I wonder if he'll make good on that statement.

stevedmc
12-17-2017, 11:28 AM
I've been to 2 DCS's with you in the past 4 years, had a room share both times, and you wanna talk about shit that happened in 2012?

Foul!Dont worry. I think it was just me and Bill that shared a room in Orlando.

Andrew
12-20-2017, 06:08 PM
I'll be there!

Rich W sent me the details and asked me to post them on here, but Chad already beat me to it.

By the way, St. Charles is a very nice, safe area, 40 miles and a world away from the issues of Chicago. In fact, I lived there from 1991 until 2004!

Outside of Cook County, most of Illinois, including DuPage County where Pheasant Run is located, is solidly Republican. However, Cook County is roughly 40% of the State's population.

stevedmc
01-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Update from Facebook:

Happy New Year! Hotel Registration is now open for DCS 2018 at the Mega Center at Pheasant Run Resort.

The DCS 2018 Discounted Room Rates are as follows:

Golf Rooms $99/night (may be renovated by Summer 2018.)
Tower Rooms $119/night (renovated in Winter/Spring 2017)
Loft Suites $189/night (recent renovation, but also less use)

Also available at reduced rates (detailed on the hotel registration website):
Whirlpool Suites, Executive Suites, Family Suites and Tower Penthouse Suites.

Please note the PRR Hotel Registration website is a little "clunky" and we continue working with the PRR Tech Staff to better clarify the button functions on the custom DCS 2018 link.

The opening page of the custom DCS 2018 Registration link lists all of the available days for Discounted Rates (Monday, August 13 through Monday, August 20, 2018.), for those who will want to book "shoulder days" on either side of DCS, in addition to the DCS 2018 Event dates.

Note: All these dates do not get pre-populated (as the default) in the Registration link page.

The DCS 2018 Event Dates are Wednesday, August 15 through Sunday, August 19, 2018.

The DeLorean Car Show event itself is easy to remember, since it is on Saturday 08/18/18.

Until (or if) the Hotel Registration website link is updated for better clarity, please use the following recommendations to get through the Registration process.

When you go to register, Do NOT Close the text that says "Please Join us for the DeLorean Convention and Show". That will clear the Event Discount Code from the registration process.

The "Complete Registration" button should be displayed as a "Start Registration" button, but it does function as a Start button, with the range of dates "highlighted" but not yet selected, and the Discount Code for DCS 2018 is pre-populated correctly. At this point, the rest of the Hotel Registration process seems to function properly and does not need any further clarification.

DCS 2018 PRR Hotel Registration link:

https://reservations.travelclick.com/2932?groupID=2089017

DCS 2018 Event Registration should be available by sometime during January 2018.
DCS 2018 Dinners (with Keynote Speakers) will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

More details to follow.

stevedmc
01-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I just made a reservation with two beds. The reservation let me claim four people without the price going up. Check in is Wed, August 15 and checkout is Sunday, August 19. The full price is $548 and if we can get four people in the room we will only end up paying $137 a person. Normally I skip the Wed event and don't book a room for four nights, but there is going to be a sort of a tech day on Wed which I plan to be there for.

Lets hope we can fill this classy room with as much white trash as possible. The more people in the room, the cheaper it is for everyone.

Rich_NYS
01-03-2018, 09:42 AM
My questions of the day are: is Tom going, WTF is up with his Facebook page, and did he really sell a house for a million dollars.

stevedmc
01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Tom seems to be ome of those far right Republicans that is obsessed with hating the Clintons.

Rich_NYS
01-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Tom seems to be ome of those far right Republicans that is obsessed with hating the Clintons.

Keep scrolling until you get to the flamefest...you'll see what I mean -lol

stevedmc
03-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Hear ye, hear ye! DCS Registration is open!

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

Event Registration is now Open for DeLorean Convention & Show.

Thanks to all the attendees of DCS 2016 that "Early Registered"
for DCS 2018 over the past few weeks. We appreciate all of your
ongoing support of DCS and a registration discount was a small
Thank You from the DCS Planning Team.

DCS 2018 will have more new DMC VIPs and new BTTF VIPs at
this year's Convention and many returning VIPs from DCS 2016.
The tentative convention summary is listed in another post and
Event Details are subject to change as VIP Guests confirm.

With a smaller DCS Planning Team, we were unable to provide a
Raffle Car (to help reduce costs), however we were able to keep
most of the costs the same as DCS 2016, except for the Event
Registration, which is similar to Celebration Exotic Car Festival, FL.

When compared to costs for other events, like Comic Con's and
World of Wheels shows, the per day costs for DCS is reasonable
and affordable, and when paired with the Dinners and Keynote
Speaker Presentations, DCS is an awesome, rare DMC experience.

Please note Registration prices cover VIP Guest travel, their hotel
and dinner costs, so the more DCS Dinners you attend, the more
value is added to your DCS experience. VIP Guests continue to
confirm, so check the forums and social media for the current list.

Many may recall, we had the last minute addition of sketches of
DeLoreans, by Mr. Giugiaro, that were raffled off at one dinner at
DCS 2016, and these were only available to dinner attendees.
All of our DCS Keynote Speakers add value to the DCS Dinners.

DCS Registration is now OPEN to the public, at Regular Cost,
through July 15. A Late Registration fee applies after July 16.

DCS 2018 Regular Registration Link (for the General Public)

http://deloreanconvention.com/registration-2018.php

Thank you for supporting the DeLorean Convention and Show.
We hope to see many of you at the Mega Center for DCS 2018.

Regards,

DCS 2018 Planning Team

stevedmc
03-31-2018, 10:52 AM
Rich and Tony are doing an amazing job on this project. If you are planning to attend, register as soon as you can since this helps them with the funding to make this happen.

In the past, I have not attended the Thursday night dinner. I went ahead and signed up for all dinners this time, mostly as an effort to pay a little extra for the hard work Rich and Tony are putting into this.

Anyway. I pity the fool who don't sign up for DCS soon!

The hotel room is already booked and anyone that wants to share just let me know.

Rich_NYS
03-31-2018, 10:13 PM
My DeLorean life is not looking good for 2018; at this time, I'm not planning to make it to DCS. I started a kitchen remodeling project that has snowballed into something more life-consuming than I expected.

FABombjoy
04-01-2018, 01:13 PM
My DeLorean life is not looking good for 2018; at this time, I'm not planning to make it to DCS.
Awww, c'mon now. You have plenty of time to fix the kitchen. Or to make an insurance claim, capiche?

stevedmc
04-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Excuses, excuses. I don't even like Deloreans and I am going to DCS.

ChuckD
04-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Yay, another one up north....There's always 2020 I guess :(

stevedmc
04-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Yay, another one up north....There's always 2020 I guess :(

There's nothing wrong with flying. I flew to the one in Ohio to save money, and I had a blast. It was all the fun of DCS, without having to worry about an old car making the trip.

Rich_NYS
04-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Awww, c'mon now. You have plenty of time to fix the kitchen. Or to make an insurance claim, capiche?

Kitchen project became a kitchen/living room project...it's been like a snowball rolling downhill.

FABombjoy
04-02-2018, 11:06 AM
So fly in to Lansing and ride over with Andrew or me.

It's not about the car, it's about meeting up with friends that you only see every 2 years.

stevedmc
04-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Kitchen project became a kitchen/living room project...it's been like a snowball rolling downhill.

This forum has turned into a bunch of sissies. I rebuilt a whole freaking house in 2016 and that didn't keep me from DCS.

stevedmc
04-02-2018, 05:56 PM
This forum has turned into a bunch of sissies. I rebuilt a whole freaking house in 2016 and that didn't keep me from DCS.

Disclaimer. The flooded house project started in August 2016 for me. I think that was after DCS.

Regardless, I rebuilt a whole freaking house. Redoing a kitchen and putting new floor in the living room is nothing.

Dracula
04-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Oh, yeah? Well, I intend to attempt the return trip in my DeLorean without having tested it beforehand AND with a female beside me.

Rich_NYS
04-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Yesterday I went in to work at 8AM, got home 04:30 AM today....who's a sissy?

Time is not on my side this time of year.

stevedmc
04-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Yesterday I went in to work at 8AM, got home 04:30 AM today....who's a sissy?

Time is not on my side this time of year.I'm a sissy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Dracula
04-06-2018, 08:37 PM
I'm a sissy.

That's what happens when you have a Rolls Royce sitting in your driveway. If you want the title and grille, it'll be $1,500 for you.

stevedmc
04-24-2018, 05:56 PM
Just received the following reminder from Rich W.

Just a quick reminder, we are about 15 weeks away from the convention,
which is less than 4 months away from today.

If you have not registered for DCS 2018 yet, remember to Hotel Register
and Event Register within the next 11 weeks, for the best pricing.

Hotel Registration and Event Registration prices increase after July 15,
which is less than 3 months away from today.

For the Links to Hotel Registration and Event Registration, and details
about DCS 2018, visit the DCS 2018 website with the following link:

http://www.deloreanconvention.org/

stevedmc
07-09-2018, 09:31 PM
I received another reminder from Rich W this morning.

The DCS 2018 Planning Team announces the Tech Day Schedule
for Wednesday, 8/15/18. Traditionally, second week of July
is Taste of Chicago, so it's appropriate DCS is announcing
it's FREE (mini) Taste of Chicago on Tech Day, for 8/15/18.

In summary, there will be FREE Food all day at Baltria Auto.
- Morning, Local Bakery items (or Donuts) and Coffee/Water
- Lunch, Chicago's Best Stuffed Pizza (IMO) - Giordano's
- Dinner, Chicago style hotdogs, Italian beef - Portillo's

Tentative Tech Day Schedule (subject to changes/adjustments)

8:30 - 9:00 Welcome to DCS Tech Day, FREE Coffee and Donuts

9:00 - 11:00 On-lift Inspections and light maintenance work

11:00 - 12:00 Wolfgang Presentation - DWT DMC Modifications

12:00 - 1:00 FREE Giordano's Stuffed Pizza (some thin crust)

1:00 - 2:00 Wolfgang Presentation - DeLorean Race Car Prep

2:00 - 4:00 On-lift Inspections and light maintenance work

4:00 - 5:00 FREE Portillo's Chicago style hotdogs and beef

5:00 - 5:30 Complete all On-Lift work and Tech Day Wrap-up

There is no additional Event Registration cost for DCS Tech Day,
but if you didn't book a hotel room for Tuesday or Wednesday,
you will want to add those one or two nights this week while
the Discount Hotel Room Rate still applies.

See you in August, at the Mega Center, at Pheasant Run Resort.

Thanks,
Rich W. [for DCS 2018 Planning Team]

stevedmc
07-09-2018, 09:41 PM
And of course a reminder about the hotel room share.

Hotel Check in is Wed August 15
Hotel Check out is Sunday August 19

Full price is $548

Me
Chad (and female guest) - Confirmed
Andrew?
Powerline84?
Rich NYS (kitchen project?)

Andrew mentioned he is definitely going. Let me know if you will be partaking in the room share.

Powerline84 is welcome as well, just let me know if you want in on the room share.

Rich? Have you finished your kitchen project? You should definitely fly in and enjoy the show. I didn't drive to the Dayton show and I still had a blast. Imagine having all the fun of DCS without having to drive a death trap to and from the show. Was pretty fun.

FABombjoy
07-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Originally I was going to arrive Wednesday evening, but with all of the tech stuff that day I may drive in a bit earlier.

stevedmc
07-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Originally I was going to arrive Wednesday evening, but with all of the tech stuff that day I may drive in a bit earlier.

Same here. Its pretty hard to pass up free donuts and pizza. I'm going to do my best to be their Wednesday morning, providing the car doesn't break down.

Btw, I didn't mention you in the room share since you probably want peace and quiet, being that you have a house full of kids, but you are welcome to join us as well if you change your mind about having the luxury of a private room.

FABombjoy
07-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the offer but I've been waiting for 2 years to catch up on sleep :D

I like the idea of coming for the full tech day as I prefer the dirty side of car shows -vs- the "24 hours of detailing" side.

stevedmc
07-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the offer but I've been waiting for 2 years to catch up on sleep :D

I like the idea of coming for the full tech day as I prefer the dirty side of car shows -vs- the "24 hours of detailing" side.Don't lie. You just want the free food.

Can't blame you for wanting a private room for piece and quiet. Rich got pretty wild when Chad dressed up as Mr Peanut. I'm still struggling to get that image out of my mind.

Rich_NYS
07-10-2018, 06:25 PM
And of course a reminder about the hotel room share.

Full price is $548

Me
Andrew?
Powerline84?
Rich NYS (kitchen project?)

Andrew mentioned he is definitely going. Let me know if you will be partaking in the room share.

Powerline84 is welcome as well, just let me know if you want in on the room share.

Rich? Have you finished your kitchen project? You should definitely fly in and enjoy the show. I didn't drive to the Dayton show and I still had a blast. Imagine having all the fun of DCS without having to drive a death trap to and from the show. Was pretty fun.

Hardly getting jackshit done....working lot of OT and my car hasn't left the garage since last year. I have a new exhaust system sitting on the garage floor.

I'm trying to get the time off from work, and looking at flights. I was looking at flying into Lansing, but Luke now appears to be a moving target....which one of you pricks is gonna come get me if I fly in?

I'll text Jimmy as well...

Rich_NYS
07-10-2018, 06:27 PM
~snip~ Rich got pretty wild when Chad dressed up as Mr Peanut. I'm still struggling to get that image out of my mind.

If you did a better job of drinking, you'd remember a lot less!

Rich_NYS
07-10-2018, 06:38 PM
I'm going to need some assistance from you pricks:

If I fly into Chicago, who can pick me up & when?

If I fly into Lansing, who can pick me up & when?

*edit: ....and where the hell is Honest Tom?!

stevedmc
07-10-2018, 06:42 PM

*edit: ....and where the hell is Honest Tom?!I'm working on Tom. He said he probably can't make the whole show but is thinking of driving over for a day.

Rich_NYS
07-10-2018, 06:44 PM

*edit: ....and where the hell is Honest Tom?!

I gotta get back to work....I'll check back later

FABombjoy
07-10-2018, 08:18 PM
A guy goes out for an hour and suddenly he's a moving target :D

Fly in anywhere between LAN and ORD and I'll get ya.

Rich_NYS
07-10-2018, 10:00 PM
A guy goes out for an hour and suddenly he's a moving target :D

Fly in anywhere between LAN and ORD and I'll get ya.

It was the longest hour of my life! (*sniff*)

I should know something tomorrow. What time are you planning to leave Lansing? The flights I'm seeing are pretty early.

Rich_NYS
07-11-2018, 09:04 AM
I got the time off approved.....I'm really starting to not like you guys.

I contacted Jimmy last night, he should know by this weekend if he's going.

stevedmc
07-11-2018, 09:49 AM
I got the time off approved.....I'm really starting to not like you guys.

I contacted Jimmy last night, he should know by this weekend if he's going.

powerline84
07-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Sorry guys I was gone with work for a month and no internet access. I am in! Bought tickets to dcs today. I am thinking the wife and I are gonna drive , I may tow the delorean to enter into the show and drive around there. Prolly gonna get my own hotel room with the wife. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and crushing some beers .

powerline84
07-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Removed the stripe and added a ski rack with some stainless volant Coors light skis. Have some more things to do before dcs.

stevedmc
07-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Sorry guys I was gone with work for a month and no internet access. I am in! Bought tickets to dcs today. I am thinking the wife and I are gonna drive , I may tow the delorean to enter into the show and drive around there. Prolly gonna get my own hotel room with the wife. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and crushing some beers .Sounds great. See you at the show!

powerline84
07-14-2018, 04:10 PM

Rich_NYS
07-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Sorry guys I was gone with work for a month and no internet access. I am in! Bought tickets to dcs today. I am thinking the wife and I are gonna drive , I may tow the delorean to enter into the show and drive around there. Prolly gonna get my own hotel room with the wife. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and crushing some beers .

I quit drinking...

Rich_NYS
07-14-2018, 07:50 PM

What about Dayton and/or Springfield....any problems there?

stevedmc
07-14-2018, 08:41 PM
What about Dayton and/or Springfield....any problems there?One side came out of the closet at one of the shows. I can't remember which one though.

Rich_NYS
07-21-2018, 04:01 PM
Are you guys attending the dinners?

stevedmc
07-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Yep. I signed up for every night.

Normally I don't sign up for everything, but in this case I did to help pay towards the total cost of DCS.

Should anyone want to skip one of the meals and do something else I'm game. If I skip a DCS meal, I'll simply consider it a donation towards the expenses of DCS.

powerline84
07-21-2018, 06:55 PM
I went ahead and signed up for all 3 . I figure keynote speakers should be worth it

NightFlyer
07-25-2018, 07:03 PM
I signed up for all three dinners.

Is there room left in the Today share room?

If so, then I call the closet :bananadance:

stevedmc
07-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Wow. Of course.

Man this is going to be epic.

stevedmc
07-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Here is the latest information for the room share.

Full price is $548

Me
Rich NYS - Confirmed
Nightflyer - Confirmed (based on his post to this thread)

That makes a grand total of five of us, which brings the room share cost down to $109 per person for the entire event.

I reached out to Tom Kish and he has a lot going on right now but is thinking about driving over to spend one night. Feel free to reach out to him and nag him to join us. Its always good to see honest Tom.

Of course, if anyone else wants to join us, feel free to chime in and let us know. I think we had so many people in a room at one of the shows, that the cost was well below $100 per person. It would be awesome to do that again.

These guys will be at the show but have made other arrangements for their accommodations:
FABombjoy
Powerline84
Andrew

powerline84
07-26-2018, 06:06 AM
Trying to decide if I should bring my car or not . Who is all bringing there cars ? I am considering towing it out so I have it at the event .

powerline84
07-26-2018, 06:13 AM
Or driving it. Or not bringing it at all lol

Dracula
07-26-2018, 06:15 AM
I may tow mine in.

stevedmc
07-26-2018, 07:36 AM
Or driving it. Or not bringing it at all lol

It doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there.

Dead Lesbian Goat
07-27-2018, 10:47 AM
I refuse to take part in DCS because of their use of dangerous plastic straws.

stevedmc
07-27-2018, 10:49 AM
I refuse to take part in DCS because of their use of dangerous plastic straws.Racist

NightFlyer
07-28-2018, 01:52 PM
I'll be driving mine in, even though the ICE offends Dead Lesbian Goat.

To make up for the burning of petrol products by myself, I've instructed Lou to put a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) on his car, as after all, it would fit right in with his bad-ass diesel alternator :biggrin:

Hopefully this will satisfy DLG's sense of social justice.....

Bitsyncmaster
07-28-2018, 03:23 PM
I'll be driving mine in, even though the ICE offends Dead Lesbian Goat.

To make up for the burning of petrol products by myself, I've instructed Lou to put a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) on his car, as after all, it would fit right in with his bad-ass diesel alternator :biggrin:

Hopefully this will satisfy DLG's sense of social justice.....

Josh, what have you been doing? You dropped off all the internet for a long time.

stevedmc
07-29-2018, 09:10 AM
Josh, what have you been doing? You dropped off all the internet for a long time.

He better keep one eye opened when he goes to sleep.

Dead Lesbian Goat
07-29-2018, 09:59 AM

Yeah if he thinks he can just abandon his friends without even a goodbye then he has another thing coming. From now on we will impose a few rules for Josh including a curfew. We were worried sick about you young man! Steve was calling the police, I was checking the morgue and as far as we know Bill is still out looking you. From now on you let us know when you will be back home and that little trip to DCS with all your buddies? ONE MORE STUNT LIKE THAT AND YOU CAN FORGET IT!

Dracula
07-29-2018, 02:26 PM
I couldn't afford to pay for the room share for two, dinners for two, the travel expenses for two, and shop for rings so I'm going to have to rely on doing all I can for the show on a cheaper means.

On a semi-related note, I never realized how expensive rings are.

stevedmc
07-29-2018, 06:12 PM
I couldn't afford to pay for the room share for two, dinners for two, the travel expenses for two, and shop for rings so I'm going to have to rely on doing all I can for the show on a cheaper means.

On a semi-related note, I never realized how expensive rings are.

Bluenile.com

Be sure to search the web for coupons too. Last time I bought a ring, I think I either found a ten percent off or $100 off coupon.

Dracula
07-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Bluenile.com

Be sure to search the web for coupons too. Last time I bought a ring, I think I either found a ten percent off or $100 off coupon.

I've actually had better luck with a combination of pawn shops and a local jewelry store; the luddite way.

Rich_NYS
07-29-2018, 09:30 PM
BTW, during a phone conversation with NightFlyer Josh (from DCS2016,) I think he said he'd make it to the next convention....I wonder if he'll make good on that statement.

I signed up for all three dinners.

Is there room left in the Today share room?

If so, then I call the closet :bananadance:

Thank you sir....

Rich_NYS
07-31-2018, 07:36 PM
~snip~

These guys will be at the show but have made other arrangements for their accommodations:
FABombjoy
Powerline84
Andrew

WTH is Andrew doing?!

FABombjoy
07-31-2018, 07:59 PM
His folks are right down the street. He said we can all stay there too, and they have a pool and ping pong and free food. I made some of this up.

Rich_NYS
07-31-2018, 08:14 PM
His folks are right down the street. He said we can all stay there too, and they have a pool and ping pong and free food. I made some of this up.

LOL....awesome!

stevedmc
07-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Cheapskate lawyers.

stevedmc
08-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Here is the latest information for the room share.

Full price is $548

Me
Rich NYS - Confirmed

That makes a grand total of three of us, which makes the room share cost $182 per person for the entire event.

I am going to send a message out on the DML and will post to some of the Facebook groups to see if anyone else is interested in joining us.

FABombjoy
Powerline84
Andrew
Chad
Tom Kish is undecided. He may just drive out for a day.

Dracula
08-01-2018, 08:14 AM
I haven't made other hotel arrangements; Steve, just other dinner arrangements.

stevedmc
08-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I mis understood.

That's excellent.

stevedmc
08-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Here is the latest and cororect information for the room share.

Full price is $548

Me
Chad and his female guest - Confirmed
Rich NYS - Confirmed

That makes a grand total of five of us, which makes the room share cost $109 per person for the entire event.

I have sent messages out to the DML and Facebook groups to see if anyone else is interested in joining us.

FABombjoy
Powerline84
Andrew
Tom Kish is undecided. He may just drive out for a day.

Andrew
08-02-2018, 11:20 AM
I will be there with 5052! :-)

Rich_NYS
08-08-2018, 12:35 AM
This shit right here:

Andrew

Andrew, if this affects any of our evening [drinking] plans, that'll really suck. I might get pissed off and organize a bunch of DeLorean Nerds for a Ninja stealth mission to steal your pillow.

Chris 16409
08-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Is anybody arriving early Wednesday morning of the 15th? I'm trying to find somebody to split an Uber with or otherwise find a way from O'hare to Pheasant Run. I also have room space if anybody is interested in sharing the cost of that. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

stevedmc
08-09-2018, 03:21 AM
Is anybody arriving early Wednesday morning of the 15th? I'm trying to find somebody to split an Uber with or otherwise find a way from O'hare to Pheasant Run. I also have room space if anybody is interested in sharing the cost of that. Looking forward to meeting everyone.Why not join us for the room share?

Rich_NYS
08-09-2018, 11:46 AM
If shit keeps getting cancelled, I might be the next cancellation....

Rich_NYS
08-09-2018, 11:48 AM
If the cancellations continue, I might be next....

FABombjoy
08-09-2018, 11:51 AM
What else was cancelled other than appearances by Klaus and Colleen?

Rich_NYS
08-09-2018, 12:02 PM
What else was cancelled other than appearances by Klaus and Colleen?

Colleen is the most recent.

Additionally:

Dan Shea (Colleen's brother.)
Bill Collins
George Levy
Klaus Steiner (Wolfgang Hank still attending.)

I also learned that Chris N. won't be at DCS this year (although he wasn't announced, I was assuming he'd be there.)

If I hadn't already influenced Jimmy to go, I'd cancel and use my time off to visit Michigan this Fall (with or without my car.)

FABombjoy
08-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Oh, I forgot about George having to cancel. I sat down and chatted with him for a bit on non-DeLorean stuff which was interesting. But there is a round of new folks this year so a few cancellations are OK.

PLUS ALL OF YOUR BEST BUDDIES IN THE UNIVERSE WILL BE THERE

Rich_NYS
08-09-2018, 04:04 PM
~snip~

Roger that!

powerline84
08-09-2018, 04:09 PM
We will all still have fun. . Unless they stop selling beer ....if that happens ....well they can burn in hell

stevedmc
08-09-2018, 08:28 PM
I also learned that Chris N. won't be at DCS this year (although he wasn't announced, I was assuming he'd be there.)

Chris N. has a pretty good reason for not making it to this years show. Its nothing drama related, just has more important stuff going on than these cars right now which I'm not at liberty to discuss online.

stevedmc
08-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Amen. I was thinking to myself how events such as DCS are a nice "safe space" for us Delorean owners. We can park our cars, hang out for a few days, and don't have to deal with the idiots stalking us over our cars. Rich W basically takes care of the stalkers for us while we get to enjoy hanging out with fellow nerds for a few days.

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-09-2018, 09:17 PM
I feel like DCS is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes.

Rich_NYS
08-09-2018, 09:57 PM
We will all still have fun. . Unless they stop selling beer ....if that happens ....well they can burn in hell

Haha...! I like yer attitude, mister!

Amen. I was thinking to myself how events such as DCS are a nice "safe space" for us Delorean owners. ~snip~

Did you really just say "safe space?!" How 'bout I bring you millennials some coloring books & hot cocoa too?!

We can park our cars, hang out for a few days, and don't have to deal with the idiots stalking us over our cars.

Right....you get to deal with this idiot for a few days instead!

I told Jimmy I would introduce him to all the cool guys and looking forward to you meeting him as well.....we'll have a good crew.

I know we'll have a good time, I'm just getting disappointed about all the changes.

I feel like DCS is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes.

Lol....not possible.

~snip~ Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Same here..!

Why not join us for the room share?

+1

FABombjoy
08-10-2018, 08:27 AM
I'm bringing a bunch of Michigan beer but I can only fit so much in these tiny-ass trunks.

On Google Maps it looks like area around Pheasant Run is a fresh hell of chain restaurants. Hopefully Andrew knows where the good dives are because I'm not really a "lets get drunk at Chilis" kind of guy.

powerline84
08-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Nah me either. Lol get drunk at chilis hilarious . We need to find a place that has a shitty rock band or 80s metal on a juke box

stevedmc
08-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Here is the latest DCS info I have as of this morning. Rich is a cry baby if he thinks there aren't going to be many cool guests this year.

Summary List of Confirmed DCS VIP Guests as of 8/10/18

Nick Sutton - former DMC Executive, author: The DeLorean Story

Phyllis Sutton - former DMC Secretary, DMC Employee #21

Michael Knepper - former DMC Executive - Public Relations

Hillel Levin - author of JZD Bio - Grand Delusions

Patrick Wright - author of JZD Bio - "On A Clear Day..."

John Lamm - author of DMC book, Stainless Steel Illusion

Jeff Synor - DMC Engineer and setup most of the DMC QAC's

Chris Duvall - DMC QAC (Troy) Parts Manager and Parts POG

Wolfgang Hank (DeLorean World Tour Team - Team Leader)
- Wolfgang will have 6 different presentations at convention

Manson Cheung - Hot Wheels Guy (Hot Wheels 3D modeler)

Tamir Ardon - Executive Producer - DeLorean documentary
- Extended Trailer, Out-takes and Behind the Scenes

Jordan Livingston - Producer, Living the Dream documentary
- 40 minute preview of Jordan's DeLorean owner documentary

Stephen L. Arrington - author of "In DeLorean's Shadow"
- Sole Surviving Defendant in DeLorean Trial (pardoned)
- In Support of John DeLorean in the DeLorean Drug Trial

Bob Gale - Back to the Future co-writer/co-producer

- Bob will introduce OUTATIME: BTTF A-Car documentary

*Michael Scheffe - BTTF Construction Coordinator/Builder

Michael Klastorin - unit publicist for BTTF II and BTTF III

Tim Caravia - Tim's BTTF Hill Valley Creations in LEGO

... and a few other surprise guests, vehicles and displays

Dracula
08-10-2018, 04:18 PM
I'm still scrambling to make it; damn are women expensive...

Andrew
08-10-2018, 04:21 PM
This shit right here:

Andrew, if this affects any of our evening [drinking] plans, that'll really suck. I might get pissed off and organize a bunch of DeLorean Nerds for a Ninja stealth mission to steal your pillow.

Hahaha! I'm never going to live that one down....I still think the maid stole my f***ing pillow! ;-)

stevedmc
08-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Don't fall asleep. Don't fall asleep...

Rich_NYS
08-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Here is the latest DCS info I have as of this morning. Rich is a cry baby if he thinks there aren't going to be many cool guests this year.
~snip~

Fair enough...I'm finished whining about it.

Hahaha! I'm never going to live that one down....I still think the maid stole my f***ing pillow! ;-)

Roger that.

Stay in the room with us, ya prick! What's the plan for when we have a few beers? I built you up to Jimmy, reminding him about the car you checked out for him, and all the cool 80's cars you have....etc. He'll probably want to be all celebratoryish, and you're going to let us down 'cause you'll need to drive home. Now look what you've done....I'm starting to whine again!

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-10-2018, 05:02 PM
I so wish I could go be there with you guys

stevedmc
08-10-2018, 05:30 PM
I so wish I could go be there with you guysGoats aren't allowed in the room anyway.

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Goats aren't allowed in the room anyway.

I was expecting/hoping for a tearful response like "You will be with us in spirit" or "we will have a round in your honor", but you take what you can get with Today members.

Rich_NYS
08-10-2018, 09:00 PM
I so wish I could go be there with you guys

Me too...! It would more than make up for not having Chris or Colleen, the lame dinner choices, Andrew bailing on the crew, and the horrible mental abuse I'm suffering from Steve.

At least coolassmuthafin Luke is gonna be there, so everything is good......and I think NightFlyer Josh is gonna show.

Rich_NYS
08-13-2018, 04:26 PM
I'm going to PM my ph# to everyone on this thread that I think might have a use for it.

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 05:16 PM
I'm going to PM my ph# to everyone on this thread that I think might have a use for it.My number is (225) 435-9566.

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 05:18 PM
I so wish I could go be there with you guysChad had to cancel his plans to be at DCS.

Why don't you see if you can have his registration transferred to you and join us?

Dracula
08-13-2018, 06:47 PM
I never registered. Was planning to save money and get day passes, but a trip to the jewelry store depleted my DCS funds. And, aside from telling Steve, this is the first place I'm formally saying I'm officially engaged.

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 07:04 PM
I never registered. Was planning to save money and get day passes, but a trip to the jewelry store depleted my DCS funds. And, aside from telling Steve, this is the first place I'm formally saying I'm officially engaged.Congratulations sir. Better bring that woman to the next event though!

Rich_NYS
08-13-2018, 09:28 PM
I'm going to miss Chad.

I TOLD you it's gonna suck this year!

Congratulations Chad...all the best!

Rich_NYS
08-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Chad had to cancel his plans to be at DCS.

Why don't you see if you can have his registration transferred to you and join us?

+1....I'd really like for Michael to make it this year (no homo.)

Michael, what do we need to do to make that happen this late in the game?

Dracula
08-13-2018, 10:31 PM
I'm going to miss Chad.

I TOLD you it's gonna suck this year!

Congratulations Chad...all the best!

Thank you. This is the first time I'm glad to miss a DCS.

Ron
08-13-2018, 11:05 PM
Congratulations Chad!

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Thank you. This is the first time I'm glad to miss a DCS.If Michael shows up, I'm certainly going to envy you for not going.

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Incidentally, what time does Rich's flight arrive and is someone picking him up at the airport?

I have to work tomorrow so I probably won't be there in the early morning. As of now, my goal is to roll into the tech day someyime around noon.

NightFlyer
08-13-2018, 11:45 PM
You should all have my cell number - it's still good (if you tried it in the past and didn't get a response, it's because I'm often in areas without reception, but will be in reception from now through Sunday). My plan is to arrive sometime Tuesday night before the sun goes down. I have a room at the resort booked for Tuesday night that I only just reserved this morning via a Groupon - $83/night plus taxes/fees, total $113/night. For the remainder of the convention though, I'm in the room share Wednesday night through Saturday night. If anyone needs a lift to/from an area airport (Midway, O'Hare, Gary, Mitchell, etc), I'm more than willing - just give me a call or text, but no emails or PM's as I don't have the internets on my phone (I'm still rocking the old school flip phone). 1798 will be there sporting the Vredestein tyres as there's no concours, hence no reason for the NCT's. BTW - notice my previous spelling of the word 'tires' - that's because they're Dutch :lou:

If anyone else is going to be there tomorrow night and looking for something to do, hit me up :biggrin:

Otherwise, we'll see everyone at the convention :cheer:

Oh, does anyone know if Bill is going??? :confused:

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 11:48 PM
You should all have my cell number - it's still good (if you tried it in the past and didn't get a response, it's because I'm often in areas without reception, but will be in reception from now through Sunday). My plan is to arrive sometime Tuesday night before the sun goes down. I have a room at the resort booked for Tuesday night that I only just reserved this morning via a Groupon - $83/night plus taxes/fees, total $113/night. For the remainder of the convention though, I'm in the room share Wednesday night through Saturday night. If anyone needs a lift to/from an area airport (Midway, O'Hare, Gary, Mitchell, etc), I'm more than willing - just give me a call or text, but no emails or PM's as I don't have the internets on my phone (I'm still rocking the old school flip phone). 1798 will be there sporting the Vredestein tyres as there's no concours, hence no reason for the NCT's. BTW - notice my previous spelling of the word tires - that's because they're Dutch :lou:

If anyone else is going to be there tomorrow night and looking for something to do, hit me up [emoji3]

Otherwise, we'll see everyone at the convention :cheer:

Oh, does anyone know if Bill is going??? :confused:Haha. I'm scared to reach out to Bill, but it would be good to see him. Better change your Facebook picture incase he does show up.

He wasn't at the last DCS, so I doubt he will be at this one though.

NightFlyer
08-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Haha. I'm scared to reach out to Bill, but it would be good to see him. Better change your Facebook picture incase he does show up.

I've seen pictures of Bill rocking a MAGA hat.... :headbang:

stevedmc
08-13-2018, 11:56 PM
I've seen pictures of Bill rocking a MAGA hat.... :headbang:I have no words to describe what I am thinking if what you say actually is true.

NightFlyer
08-13-2018, 11:58 PM
Damn it, I just saw that Chad puss'd out - literally.

Oh well - congrats to Chad :cheers:

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:01 AM
I have no words to describe what I am thinking if what you say actually is true.

Truth on Today?!?!?!

For truth in this community, you want DMC Talk - they have a guru and everything.....

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:04 AM
It's time for someone to brush up on their photo shop skills.

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:07 AM

Когда Мюллер закрылся, товарищ Путин приказал мне некоторое время прятаться в Сибири!

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Is Lou still around?

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:09 AM
Когда Мюллер закрылся, товарищ Путин приказал мне некоторое время прятаться в Сибири!We all know he's been involved in politics ever since he was a little boy. Now we also know he is a Russian involved in behind the scenes election meddling.

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:10 AM
Is Lou still around?He pretty much stays in facebook these days. He's probably in bed sleeping right now but I'll reach out to him in the morning.

Dracula
08-14-2018, 12:10 AM
Wish I could make it; but, I'm doing the impossible. I found a girl who loves DeLoreans more than any of us.

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:11 AM
Wish I could make it; but, I'm doing the impossible. I found a girl who loves DeLoreans more than any of us.As long as she loves Deloreans more than she loves you, it will work.

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:14 AM
Когда Мюллер закрылся, товарищ Путин приказал мне некоторое время прятаться в Сибири!Wow. It's worse than I thought. This is what he said according to Google translate:

When Mueller closed, Comrade Putin ordered me to hide for some time in Siberia!

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Wish I could make it; but, I'm doing the impossible. I found a girl who loves DeLoreans more than any of us.

I thought Sarah married Espey..... :confused:

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:22 AM
I thought Sarah married Espey..... :confused:It's a similar situation to Sarah and Espey.

Pretty lady is marrying an ugly guy.

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:24 AM
Wow. It's worse than I thought. This is what he said according to Google translate:

When Mueller closed, Comrade Putin ordered me to hide for some time in Siberia!

Yes sorry - my Cyrillic is a little rusty after spending so much time with you yanks and your Big Mac culture....

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 12:26 AM
This is goimf to be an epic DCS just because Josh is going to be there.

You sissies that aren't coming are missing out.

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:26 AM
It's a similar situation to Sarah and Espey.

Pretty lady is marrying an ugly guy.

Good to see that this place hasn't changed much :afro:

I do have a lot of catching up to do though....

NightFlyer
08-14-2018, 12:32 AM
I'll be charging the A/C bright and early tomorrow morning, so I'll see you all at the show.....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81NImg0HroL._SL1500_.jpg

Ron
08-14-2018, 12:47 AM
As long as she loves Deloreans more than she loves you, it will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using TapatalkHere is how it always works:

FABombjoy
08-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Andrew and I will arrive later this evening - 9-10PM CST, see yall there!

I was planning on picking up Rich on Wednesday and have his flight info.

powerline84
08-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Fk it. I am towing my car there. I'll be leaving early tom morn. Expect me around dinner time

Rich_NYS
08-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Fk it. I am towing my car there. I'll be leaving early tom morn. Expect me around dinner time

Nice!

Rich_NYS
08-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Is anybody arriving early Wednesday morning of the 15th? I'm trying to find somebody to split an Uber with or otherwise find a way from O'hare to Pheasant Run. I also have room space if anybody is interested in sharing the cost of that. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Trying to connect with you for tomorrow AM. If 8:30 isn't too late, I'll share a ride with you.

Text/call me at the number I PM'd....

stevedmc
08-14-2018, 09:31 PM
I'll be charging the A/C bright and early tomorrow morning, so I'll see you all at the show.....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81NImg0HroL._SL1500_.jpgMy stinking A.C. started blowing in the high 60s tonight. Not sure if I have a leak or if it's the Red Tek stuff.

I'm about a hundred miles south of Memphis right now.

Now I'm debating whether or not to spend the night in Memphis or to drive all night so I don't have to deal with A.C. issues during the hot sun tomorrow.

I don't like driving at night due to fear of hitting a deer but I don't want to drive in 100 degree heat during the day with no A.C. either.

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 01:08 AM
I'm roughly half way there. Spending the night in Blytheville, Arkansas.

I think I solved my AC problem. This evening I experienced a wide range of temperatures from 43 degrees up to 67 degrees. There was no consistency to the temperatures.

Upon stopping at a hotel for the evening I noticed a nice puddle of water on the driver side floorboard. It turns out the evaporator drain was clogged up this evening.

I cleaned the evaporator drain, soaked up the water from the carpet and called it a night.

Providing there isn't any more gunk on the evaporator, I think I should have a nice cold drive tomorrow.

Fortunately I made a small modification to my evaporator drain almost a decade ago that makes it super easy to clean the thing. Thank you Bill Robertson. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180815/500199024844bda9e659b276cc318ca6.jpg

powerline84
08-15-2018, 06:49 AM

Should get there around 330 to 5

powerline84
08-15-2018, 06:50 AM
I shall fkn arrive upside down apparently

Rich_NYS
08-15-2018, 07:26 AM

Should get there around 330 to 5Total gangster....tows his D upside-down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

NightFlyer
08-15-2018, 07:34 AM
I'm here already bitches!

I even did a little midnight swimming last night.

No A/C for me either - I had some issues with my manifold gauges. The vacuum I had on the system pulled the rubber seal right out of the low side hose and was blocking the schrader valve opening, so when I dunked my duster can in my pot of boiling water, the can blew up and blew my side tapper apart.

Josh S from Canada and Luke are here as well.

If anyone needs a ride, CALL ME - I'm here. You all have my number ending in 6549.

Oh well, I'm going to get ready for the tech session thingy....

NightFlyer
08-15-2018, 07:37 AM
I had to buy some swim trunks from the Walmart across the street and all they had left were 3xl.

The look like the American flag aka Apollo Creed's boxing trunks....

NightFlyer
08-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Mike Madigan SUCKS!!!

Rich_NYS
08-15-2018, 07:39 AM
I'm here already bitches!

I even did a little midnight swimming last night.

No A/C for me either - I had some issues with my manifold gauges. The vacuum I had on the system pulled the rubber seal right out of the low side hose and was blocking the schrader valve opening, so when I dunked my duster can in my pot of boiling water, the can blew up and blew my side tapper apart.

Josh S from Canada and Luke are here as well.

If anyone needs a ride, CALL ME - I'm here. You all have my number ending in 6549.

Oh well, I'm going to get ready for the tech session thingy....I'll believe it when I see you in person.
I'm stuck at the airport; engine failed on approach to takeoff, plane is grounded.
I re-booked on a flight tonight, but might change that to tomorrow & head home for the night.
There was a girl in the airport so hot, my camera would've melted if I got to it in time.

powerline84
08-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Change that to tomorrow ? That's ridiculous

powerline84
08-15-2018, 09:33 AM
What's the deal with getting our cars into the arena? Anyone know how that works. Whenever we want or what? Lol

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 09:34 AM
What's the deal with getting our cars into the arena? Anyone know how that works. Whenever we want or what? LolI need to pee.

Rich_NYS
08-15-2018, 10:13 AM
I had a choice of waiting in the airport all day, then fly out tonight (and miss the tech session)

Or

Drive an hour home, then fly out tonight (and miss the tech session)

Or

Go home & come back in the AM, arriving @8AM in Chicago (and miss the tech session.)

I'll miss the tech session regardless, so I decided to re-re-book for 1st AM tomorrow.

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Cheap skate. You are just trying to save money on one night of the room share.

Incidentally, make sure you get some goodies from the airline. You can usually get a travel voucher for mechanical failure.

Rich_NYS
08-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Cheap skate. You are just trying to save money on one night of the room share.

Incidentally, make sure you get some goodies from the airline. You can usually get a travel voucher for mechanical failure.

I got 3 meal vouchers, but they were giving jacksquat for other compensation (I think 'cause I live ~50 miles from the airport.)

After my trip I'm going to go online & submit a request. I did that when my return flight [from DCS2016] got cancelled...they reimbursed my hotel cost & gave me a travel voucher.

*Edit: I just checked my email, United proactively sent an apology with a link to some kinda compensation.....I'll check it after lunch.

You pricks better be missin' me, dammit!

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-15-2018, 12:01 PM
DCS without Rich.

https://media.giphy.com/media/KrHaLUAF1vaZq/giphy.webp

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 12:03 PM
I got 3 meal vouchers, but they were giving jacksquat for other compensation (I think 'cause I live ~50 miles from the airport.)

After my trip I'm going to go online & submit a request. I did that when my return flight [from DCS2016] got cancelled...they reimbursed my hotel cost & gave me a travel voucher.

*Edit: I just checked my email, United proactively sent an apology with a link to some kinda compensation.....I'll check it after lunch.

You pricks better be missin' me, dammit!I'm taking my sweet time showing up. I'm about 230 miles away so I should be there by 4 pm now.

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Almost there. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180815/ff366a4f19735149ec23ca9dd0caad86.jpg

Dracula
08-15-2018, 03:48 PM
If they have pins, can somebody get me two?

powerline84
08-15-2018, 04:54 PM

Arrived upside down. Talked to the front desk he said he thinks 20 to 40 cars here already. Also said someone's windshield got smashed at tech day because a tent fell down . I also remember why I said I wouldn't drive my delorean to chicago again the last time I was here.

powerline84
08-15-2018, 05:22 PM

Giordanos for pizza upside down

stevedmc
08-15-2018, 06:40 PM

Giordanos for pizza upside downCome join us sir. My alternator regulator went out about 200 miles ago. I'm a few minutes we are going to pull the altetnator, go swap it at AutoZone and eventually get dinner.

powerline84
08-15-2018, 06:47 PM
Where u guys at

FABombjoy
08-15-2018, 06:52 PM
I'm about to be in the bar near the tower elevators. Orange shirt.

FABombjoy
08-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Or not, because itís closed. At Jambalayas just down the hall from there.

powerline84
08-15-2018, 07:09 PM
In lobby . Black midwest shirt. Blue shorts

Rich_NYS
08-15-2018, 07:11 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHH.....sonofbitch!

How can you guys possibly be having a good time without me?! Waaaaaa...!!!

Sounds like Jimmy found the cool crowd....good deal. See you guys tomorrow.

NightFlyer
08-16-2018, 09:35 AM
I call BS on Chad's so-called girlfriend/fiance - if she loved DeLoreans more than any of us, then why wouldn't she want to be at DCS more than a silly little ring? I thought Chad got his rings from the Kroger lobby quarter machines anyway..... :bananadance:

Dracula
08-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Feel free to come to the reception and meet her yourself; and, while she may love the car more than I do, there is something she loves more than the car.

Plus; have you ever tried to get a diamond ring off a girl's hand? The easiest way is a larger diamond...

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Feel free to come to the reception and meet her yourself; and, while she may love the car more than I do, there is something she loves more than the car.

Don't kid yourself. She wants the D.

Dracula
08-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Well, the CAR is in Chicago...

stevedmc
08-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech session at my car. * We are on back with alternator.

Dracula
08-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Someone let me know where the NEXT one is and pester Steve for verification that she's real.

powerline84
08-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to say that my wife and I had a great time meeting everyone and that we feel like we made lifelong friends . As luke and I well know it could never live up to 2014 In Ohio but seriously I was worried about my wife having fun but she loved everyone and genuinely had fun as did I. Rich, Steve, Josh, Luke, Andrew, Andrew's dad. Nick, Mr. Jim etc. I look forward to the next time. Apparently I can now consider myself a thug outcast lol. Also now that I know how awesome everyone is....I think it's time to nock the dust off this forum and start talking about some awesome delorean shit again. Thanks to Rich for helping get into this crazy world and also to Josh for noticing my origional valve stems lol

Rich_NYS
08-19-2018, 06:26 PM

(Missing: Mr. Jim.)

powerline84
08-19-2018, 08:46 PM
Great group of dudes. And lady

Dracula
08-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Did they say where the next one will be?

FABombjoy
08-19-2018, 10:29 PM
We're a pretty good lookin' group if I do say so myself

I had a great time. I'm mostly there for the camaraderie and this show didn't disappoint. Andrew will probably post later but both he and I made it back without incident.

A lot of new owners were there. I've had my car for 20 years and it's nice to talk to people that just bought their cars and live vicariously through their enthusiasm. I'm looking that much more forward to the Michigan fall tour.

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 07:23 AM

I had a great time. I'm mostly there for the camaraderie and this show didn't disappoint. Andrew will probably post later but both he and I made it back without incident.

A lot of new owners were there. I've had my car for 20 years and it's nice to talk to people that just bought their cars and live vicariously through their enthusiasm. I'm looking that much more forward to the Michigan fall tour.

Gangsters

powerline84
08-20-2018, 08:13 AM
We are the epitome of fashion

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 08:25 AM
It's bad enough I'm shorter than everyone, but in this pic I'm the furthest from the camera...lol

stevedmc
08-20-2018, 09:32 AM
It's bad enough I'm shorter than everyone, but in this pic I'm the furthest from the camera...lol

We used to think Rich was the coolest of the bunch, but I think it was agreed that Jimmy and his wife now hold that title.

stevedmc
08-20-2018, 09:34 AM

Ditto for what Luke said. It was great meeting everyone and to my surprise, although Mr Jim was new to the group, he was an original owner. Thats pretty freaking cool if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm home now. Time to go to work.

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Ditto for what Luke said. It was great meeting everyone and to my surprise, although Mr Jim was new to the group, he was an original owner. Thats pretty freaking cool if you ask me.

+1

We used to think Rich was the coolest of the bunch, but I think it was agreed that Jimmy and his wife now hold that title.

Roger that....

powerline84
08-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Hahah thanks but you all are all cool

powerline84
08-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Did they say where the next one will be?

I asked one of Rich Ws helpers and they said he is considering going to an every 5 year show like eurofest . I was told attendance was way down from last one but I have no reference. I thought it was a great show

powerline84
08-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Dropped off the infamous facia for ls4 swap Josh happily not returned for a core to Texas. Almost home
In about 2 hours .

piprulz
08-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Thanks to Rich for saying hi to me as I was checking in and letting me hang with you guys. I had a lot of fun. Sorry I didnít say good bye. Thanks to josh for getting my car started, I didnít want to risk it not starting back up again and I had a birthday party to go to. I hoe to see you guys again at a future show or if guys come to Chicago again let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyinSolo
08-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Oh hi, it's DaraSue from Talk. It was cool meeting everyone! I hope nobody was too jealous that I got hugged by Ron F. and y'all didn't.

Dracula
08-20-2018, 02:59 PM
I asked one of Rich Ws helpers and they said he is considering going to an every 5 year show like eurofest . I was told attendance was way down from last one but I have no reference. I thought it was a great show

I can explain that, in part. The last one was in Illinois and there are a lot of people who don't like dealing with that state; myself included, and they chose an expensive venue on top of that.

If they're looking to boost attendance, I would suggest somewhere more centralized, with cheaper accommodations, and relatively airport adjacent (the one thing this show had going.)

I've spoken to a lot of people about this when I was helping with the Vegas show and they will skip DCS in lieu of a family vacation if it's not a destination that can be fun for everyone.

stevedmc
08-20-2018, 03:05 PM
I can explain that, in part. The last one was in Illinois and there are a lot of people who don't like dealing with that state; myself included, and they chose an expensive venue on top of that.

If they're looking to boost attendance, I would suggest somewhere more centralized, with cheaper accommodations, and relatively airport adjacent (the one thing this show had going.)

I've spoken to a lot of people about this when I was helping with the Vegas show and they will skip DCS in lieu of a family vacation if it's not a destination that can be fun for everyone.While we were enjoying DCS, roughly 60 people were shot in Chicago. I don't like that state either. Did I mention that it's illegal for most of us to be able to defend ourselves in Illinois?

powerline84
08-20-2018, 03:07 PM
I trailed my delorean because I refused to drive through Chicago again after last year. You break down on one of those 4 lanes there and it's a nightmare

Dracula
08-20-2018, 04:00 PM
There are few worse cities to drive through than Chicago.

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Thanks to Rich for saying hi to me as I was checking in and letting me hang with you guys. I had a lot of fun. Sorry I didn’t say good bye. Thanks to josh for getting my car started, I didn’t want to risk it not starting back up again and I had a birthday party to go to. I hoe to see you guys again at a future show or if guys come to Chicago again let me know.

Oh hi, it's DaraSue from Talk. It was cool meeting everyone! I hope nobody was too jealous that I got hugged by Ron F. and y'all didn't.

Great to meet you both.

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Hey Michael, how 'bout this man-crushing between NightFlyer Josh & I...?!

Jealous, you are!

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-20-2018, 08:50 PM
Hey Michael, how 'bout this man-crushing between NightFlyer Josh & I...?!

Jealous, you are!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7rcwxC8FD1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

stevedmc
08-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Josh almost got him a girlfriend the last night of dcs.

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 08:57 PM

I've spoken to a lot of people about this when I was helping with the Vegas show and they will skip DCS in lieu of a family vacation if it's not a destination that can be fun for everyone.You shouldn't be allowed to comment, due to lowering the quality of my DCS 2018 experience by not attending, you hurtful bastard...*sniff*

:flushed:

stevedmc
08-20-2018, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to comment, due to lowering the quality of my DCS 2018 experience by not attending, you hurtful bastard...*sniff*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using TapatalkHow do you think I feel?

I drove through Michael's state on my 14 hour drive.

The least he could have done is hopped on a plane and joined us for a day or two.

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-20-2018, 09:04 PM
I feel bad about not going. If I had it to do over again I would. Definately count me in next time and we will do it up right...none of this sleeping on top of each other in a single. Whatever hotel happens to host we will go all out for the Royal Suite. The chocolate fountain will be filled with champagne and we will eat sushi off the bodies of strippers in between speed ball hits.

(quality of sushi and strippers will vary depending on city)

Rich_NYS
08-20-2018, 10:18 PM
~snip~ Whatever hotel happens to host we will go all out for the Royal Suite. The chocolate fountain will be filled with champagne and we will eat sushi off the bodies of strippers in between speed ball hits.

(quality of sushi and strippers will vary depending on city)

YES!!

(I asked the security guard about some strippers to swim naked in the pool with us.....he was NO help at all, but I think Josh was up for it.)

FABombjoy
08-20-2018, 10:39 PM
I loved the security guys.

Sitting in front of the tower elevators, 8-12 of us in a lounging area
5 feet to the right, a HUGE sign, "NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IN PUBLIC AREAS"
10 feet to the left, an active, open resort bar
In the middle of our group: 3 open cases of beer being handed out to any attendee that walks by and chats with us
Typical security response: "Have a nice night, gentlemen"

Dracula
08-21-2018, 03:35 AM
Don't blame me; blame the fiancee for loving the ring so much. It was SUPPOSED to be a test-fitting, but she started to tear up with joy in the jewelry store and, when she found out I designed it, that was it...

It's a vintage diamond set in a custom setting; simple, but elegant.

I had been PLANNING to pay on it a few months, but; despite claims to the contrary, I do have a heart and I paid it off on the spot so she could wear it out.

Next DCS, however, she's coming with me and I'll be driving my rattletrap.

powerline84
08-21-2018, 06:23 AM

In the middle of our group: 3 open cases of beer being handed out to any attendee that walks by and chats with us
I was so pissed sat morning after Rich told me the debauchery that occurred at the couches....damn food poisoning . I missed out sat night . Wife and I think it was the Italian beef at portillo's

piprulz
08-21-2018, 06:44 AM
Portillos beef messes with my stomach sometimes too. The juice is pretty greasy

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Portillos beef messes with my stomach sometimes too. The juice is pretty greasy

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgreed....greasy. The food at the DCS dinners wasn't much better. For a laugh, re-read the descriptions of the dinner selections and compare to what you actually saw.

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Tamir's presentation was my favorite keynote thing.

stevedmc
08-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Tamir's presentation was my favorite keynote thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using TapatalkGetting a hug from Tamir was my favorite. Someone has a picture of us but I don't know who.

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Getting a hug from Tamir was my favorite. Someone has a picture of us but I don't know who.

I like him, he's a cool dude.

That's Jimmy's car behind us:

powerline84
08-21-2018, 11:00 AM
That car is dead sexy

powerline84
08-21-2018, 11:05 AM

Installed some dcs parts . Found the problem with my old passenger mirror, replaced with nos mirror. It now works up and down but not left and right. . Replaced hood emblem and fixed spray jet on windshield wiper with Arrons parts.

FABombjoy
08-21-2018, 11:18 AM
Agreed....greasy. The food at the DCS dinners wasn't much better. For a laugh, re-read the descriptions of the dinner selections and compare to what you actually saw.

No problems here, I got exactly what I ordered :D

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 11:32 AM
No problems here, I got exactly what I ordered :D

Smartest DCS dinner guest ever.

I, on the other hand, opted for:

Chicken Marsala
Pan Seared with a Wild Mushroom Marsala Wine Sauce

and

Tuscan Style Seared Chicken
Smoked Pancetta & Tomato Chutney, Provolone Cheese w Tomato wine Broth

I think whoever came up with the above dinner descriptions has a very creative spirit - LMAO

Luke made the best decision of all.

powerline84
08-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 12:27 PM

I think Steve was man-crushing.....he looks a bit giddy. hah!

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-21-2018, 12:42 PM
I think Steve was man-crushing.....he looks a bit giddy. hah!

Those hands are DEEP in his pockets...just sayin.

powerline84
08-21-2018, 01:07 PM

Rich_NYS
08-21-2018, 09:31 PM

Right on!

JETS81DMC
08-22-2018, 12:21 AM

Yup, that was an awesome time. Great people and the beer was good too. Thanks for a great time.

JETS81DMC
08-22-2018, 12:32 AM

+1

Roger that....

Thanks guys for the great time and making a lot of new friends. I enjoyed the camaraderie and getting to put a face to the forum names. The beer was good too.

Great bunch of people. Glad everyone made it home and Steve got to keep his cool all the way home :)

Hope to see all again. And I guess I have a new nick name too :) Maybe I will have to change my board name now ;)

"Mr. Jim"

stevedmc
08-22-2018, 01:35 AM
I think Steve was man-crushing.....he looks a bit giddy. hah!I was giddy.

stevedmc
08-22-2018, 01:39 AM
Thanks guys for the great time and making a lot of new friends. I enjoyed the camaraderie and getting to put a face to the forum names. The beer was good too.

Great bunch of people. Glad everyone made it home and Steve got to keep his cool all the way home :)

Hope to see all again. And I guess I have a new nick name too :) Maybe I will have to change my board name now ;)

"Mr. Jim"Amen. For me DCS is more about the people than anything else.

stevedmc
08-22-2018, 01:41 AM
I like him, he's a cool dude.

That's Jimmy's car behind us:

9620I see what you did there. I was originally in that photo. You took me out and photo shopped yourself in so you could look cool.

JETS81DMC
08-22-2018, 04:49 PM
I also want to mention a big thanks to Rich and Steve for taking the time to make sure I was introduced to everyone. :thumbup:

AKA Mr. Jim

Rich_NYS
08-22-2018, 11:44 PM
I also want to mention a big thanks to Rich and Steve for taking the time to make sure I was introduced to everyone. [emoji106]

AKA Mr. JimWhen I see an original owner carrying a 12-pack, I immediately want everyone to meet him!

Michael can change your screen name, just say the word...

powerline84
08-23-2018, 06:47 AM
It occurs to me I forgot to ask Mr. Jim his original owner purchase story . I am always curious to here how and why they bought a delorean. I also forgot to see his car but I think he said he didn't bring it .

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-23-2018, 06:56 AM
It occurs to me I forgot to ask Mr. Jim his original owner purchase story . I am always curious to here how and why they bought a delorean. I also forgot to see his car but I think he said he didn't bring it .
Absolutely. I am always interested to hear original owner stories especially the time leading up to purchase, buying experience, first few weeks home. I think a new thread with a complete DeLorean ownership autobiography would be an interesting read.

powerline84
08-23-2018, 08:07 AM
Agreed. Mr. JIM is only the 2nd origional owner I have met.

stevedmc
08-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Agreed. Mr. JIM is only the 2nd origional owner I have met.Mr Jim is the only original owner I've ever met that is willing to associate himself with white trash such as myself.

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Maybe Steve will venture close to Bristol or Kingsport later today and I can treat him to a burger and onion rings at a local favorite place "Burger Bar"

Rich_NYS
08-23-2018, 11:51 AM
~snip~ I think a new thread with a complete DeLorean ownership autobiography would be an interesting read.

I second that.

I've met two others, and really like to hear about their experiences. When I looked at potentially buying 6033, I was at the owner's house having coffee for over an hour.

Mr Jim is the only original owner I've ever met that is willing to associate himself with white trash such as myself.

How 'bout an Original Gangsta like me? Am I the only OG to associate w/you? lol

Andrew
08-23-2018, 04:44 PM
It was great seeing everyone who came to DCS 2018! To those who weren't able to make it, you missed a great time, and we look forward to seeing you soon! When I was at DCS 2014 I remember Nightflyer Josh saying that DMCToday was like a family and he was right! Being a part of a group like DMCToday is one of the best aspects of DeLorean ownership!

Andrew
08-23-2018, 04:49 PM

That was totally awesome! I have a feeling that security has been instructed not to hassle convention attendees as conventions bring a lot of money into the resort. The last thing the resort needs is a reputation for hassling attendees. Plus I'm sure as conventions go, the DeLorean folks are pretty well behaved...even the thugs like us! LOL

Rich_NYS
08-23-2018, 06:47 PM

0:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQqUuW1ii0

Dead Lesbian Goat
08-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Steve must have been full when he drove through TN. Too bad, not many people can say they had a goat buy them a goat cheese burger and a beer.

Meanwhile, here is actual footage of Rich and Nightflyer leaving DCS

http://78.media.tumblr.com/3369d5d4541bcc4c32c70ee9bcbd832c/tumblr_mkrzngpZJZ1rlpcd9o1_500.gif

Rich_NYS
08-26-2018, 07:49 AM
Steve must have been full when he drove through TN. Too bad, not many people can say they had a goat buy them a goat cheese burger and a beer.

Meanwhile, here is actual footage of Rich and Nightflyer leaving DCS

http://78.media.tumblr.com/3369d5d4541bcc4c32c70ee9bcbd832c/tumblr_mkrzngpZJZ1rlpcd9o1_500.gif

LMAO.....true story!

stevedmc
08-26-2018, 09:11 AM

Steve was expecting the Goat to deliver him a sammich at DCS.

powerline84
08-26-2018, 10:14 AM
That thing is beautiful. Looks like it's still dripping oven cleaner and causing a slipping hazard everywhere it goes lol.

kbrown84
08-31-2018, 04:47 AM
Didn't get a chance to talk to a lot you guys, but it was nice to be neighbors to Steve and Andrew! My first DCS was quite fun!

Rich_NYS
08-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Didn't get a chance to talk to a lot you guys, but it was nice to be neighbors to Steve and Andrew! My first DCS was quite fun!

Your car looked great. I didn't realize it was yours, I forgot you sold the blue one. I would like to have met in person, did you see and/or recognize any of us?

powerline84
08-31-2018, 05:28 PM
I was gonna say I loved the rally look on that car and the other one that was there. Would love to do like a cannonball run in a delorean. Rich we should do it.

Rich_NYS
09-01-2018, 10:26 PM
~snip~ Would love to do like a cannonball run in a delorean. Rich we should do it.

OK, I'm in.

NightFlyer
09-03-2018, 08:41 PM
So many good times and great memories from DCS 2018. Here's just one of many....

http://dmctoday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9662&d=1536025291

powerline84
09-25-2018, 06:50 PM
https://www.deloreandirectory.com/articles/they-all-look-the-same-but-they-arent/

Luke's bad ass car was show cased in the article. The rest of us and Mine made honorable mention I guess by having some pics with the vin stamped on it at the bottom lol.

stevedmc
09-26-2018, 08:25 AM
I even saw a DMCToday sticker. Nice.