PDA

View Full Version : Delorean at the New York International Auto Show

P. J. Grady Inc.
03-29-2016, 08:32 AM
I doubt many here are planning to attend the NYIAS this week but if you do try to stop by the Classic Car section. The New Jersey Automobile Museum has a great display of vintage cars and invited me to show my newly purchased very early VIN car. I've maintained this car since 2003 and now it's owner has decided reluctantly to allow me to be the next owner. His wife Cathy understandably wants her garage space back! He has resigned himself to only having one Delorean...I know that's terrible right?. This beauty is probably the cleanest sub 1000 VIN car I have ever seen and certainly is the best driving. The car has been warmly received and the crowds were huge last weekend. I will be at the display next Sunday if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
Rob

Shep
03-29-2016, 10:56 AM
This beauty is probably the cleanest sub 1000 VIN car I have ever seen and certainly is the best driving.https://i.imgflip.com/11lzj4.jpg

NightFlyer
03-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a beaut Rob :thumbup:

How factory original is the car? Is she a survivor, or has she received extensive replacement parts and modifications/upgrades/etc?

Shep
03-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Forgot to ask, got any pictures? Would love to see what all you've done to it. :)

(Re: my last post, someone was bound to take the title sooner or later ;) )

P. J. Grady Inc.
03-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Forgot to ask, got any pictures? Would love to see what all you've done to it. :)

(Re: my last post, someone was bound to take the title sooner or later ;) )750375047505750675077508
Upside down is the best I can do on pics for now as they are fine in my camera and computer but when I post on forums they turn upside down. I can't find anything in the "manage attachments" area of the forums to turn these back around.
BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen. I couldn't pass it up. The car is mostly original but with all wear/maintenance items replaced and everything tweaked to work as the factory intended. There is a bit to do before it could be entered into a Concour's however. The obvious thing in the pic is the wavy factory applied body side rubstrips on the passenger side. What was that guy drinking that morning? I've only owned the car a week so there wasn't time to address that before the show.
Rob

Shep
03-29-2016, 02:25 PM
BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen.Amen to that! Dynamite driver you have there :cheers: Even if the rub strip needs to be straightened. Not gonna lie, it's been a hell of a long time since my DeLorean looked that sharp.

Any interior or engine bay pics? Don't worry about rotation, I still can't figure it out here sometimes :dunno:

P. J. Grady Inc.
03-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Amen to that! Dynamite driver you have there :cheers: Even if the rub strip needs to be straightened. Not gonna lie, it's been a hell of a long time since my DeLorean looked that sharp.

Any interior or engine bay pics? Don't worry about rotation, I still can't figure it out here sometimes :dunno:

More pics will have to wait until Sunday at the earliest as that's the day I go get it back.
Rob

Patrick C
03-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Let me fix Rob's upside down pictures for him...again. :) This car looks CLEAN!

NightFlyer
03-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Upside down is the best I can do on pics for now as they are fine in my camera and computer but when I post on forums they turn upside down. I can't find anything in the "manage attachments" area of the forums to turn these back around.
BTW I'm not saying this is the best low VIN car in existence just the best one I've seen. I couldn't pass it up. The car is mostly original but with all wear/maintenance items replaced and everything tweaked to work as the factory intended. There is a bit to do before it could be entered into a Concour's however. The obvious thing in the pic is the wavy factory applied body side rubstrips on the passenger side. What was that guy drinking that morning? I've only owned the car a week so there wasn't time to address that before the show.
Rob

Nice looking car Rob :thumbup:

So, which do you like driving more - this one, or the green machine?

NightFlyer
03-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Let me fix Rob's upside down pictures for him...again. :) This car looks CLEAN!

Thanks Pat :thumbup:

P. J. Grady Inc.
04-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Nice looking car Rob :thumbup:

So, which do you like driving more - this one, or the green machine?

It's too early for me to say for certain. I'm heading off to the show soon to retrieve it.
Rob