PDA

View Full Version : THIS is what I hate about BTTF cars!

Dracula
10-14-2015, 02:38 PM
The sheer laziness:

iflights
10-14-2015, 03:20 PM
He's not going anywhere but home without flux bands!

Dead Lesbian Goat
10-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Well now I'm almost afraid to ask what Chad thinks about my BTTF conversion

Dracula
10-14-2015, 03:49 PM

Yours doesn't have the side stripe, so it's better by proxy.

novadmc
10-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Doc just wants to have the car have even more style.

Lol Michael. Love the Sunkist bottles as the red capacitors.

stevedmc
10-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Looks good to me.

Boglin
10-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Michael, did you insulate your own garage door, or did you buy it like that?

stevedmc
10-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Did your house come with a garage door or did you install it yourself?

Dead Lesbian Goat
10-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Actually I replaced the old wood door that came with the house several years ago with the one you see now. No I didn't install it, like most things I paid an expert to do it. I believe it was around 1,500.00 installed and if I remember I bought it at and had Lowes install it.

No complaints. Lowes also did my roof 3 years ago, another 16k. Painted it 2 years ago, 5k, and my retaining wall last year, yet another 10k. Yay for home ownership.

Boglin
10-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Actually I replaced the old wood door that came with the house several years ago with the one you see now. No I didn't install it, like most things I paid an expert to do it. I believe it was around 1,500.00 installed and if I remember I bought it at and had Lowes install it.

No complaints. Lowes also did my roof 3 years ago, another 16k. Painted it 2 years ago, 5k, and my retaining wall last year, yet another 10k. Yay for home ownership.

And Jiffy Lube to install your new auto trans filter! :rolleyes:

Leave it to the pros, baby!

NightFlyer
10-14-2015, 08:22 PM

Dude, when did you get the Maserati?

NightFlyer
10-14-2015, 08:28 PM
No I didn't install it, like most things I paid an expert to do it.

The pros that the PO of my former house hired to do the roof didn't like nailing the shingles down along the designated nail strip, but rather randomly and without any discernible pattern or logic. Needless to say, shingles started blowing off during high winds, which led to leaks. After discovering the reason for the failure, I decided to install the new roof myself and made sure that it wasn't going anywhere even if 200mph winds hit the house :thumbup:

NightFlyer
10-14-2015, 08:31 PM
The sheer laziness:

Maybe they thought that this would exempt them from the recent copyright decision from the 9th Circuit, even though it actually doesn't..... :dunno:

Dracula
10-14-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure WHAT they were thinking. Destroying history for senseless purposes is one of my greatest annoyances.

novadmc
10-14-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure WHAT they were thinking. Destroying history for senseless purposes is one of my greatest annoyances.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C7A3gF92YJU/T3733fHnUSI/AAAAAAAAB7M/tlz6PDeQMIE/s640/rustled-jimmies-4-bronwinningg-tumblr.png

Timebender
11-25-2015, 12:39 PM
The sheer laziness:

Or could be he's in the process of doing the conversion, doesn't have a ton of money to do it all at once, and is showing off what he's done so far because he's proud of the work he's done. Plenty of guys in the R2 Builders group take their droids out half-built to cons, libraries, etc. Sure, they're not ready for Disney/LFL approval, and most of the builders don't care as they won't use them for any Disney/LFL sanctioned events/commercials and so on.
But they're fun to see and how the progress is coming along, as it's a lot of work and ingenuity in each one. I was requested to have my DeLorean at a few BTTF events, and dressed as Doc Brown - and for a Flux Capacitor I used an app on my iPad (Time Display Circuits app), a cardboard box painted gray with a window cut out, black electrical tape for the seal, and some electric conduit elbows.
Everyone was thrilled to see the car, and when they saw my Flux Capacitor on the parcel shelf, they all pretty much freaked out and were thrilled to see it too.

Remember, doing stuff like this is all about making people happy.

Dracula
11-25-2015, 12:51 PM
The reason I cite laziness is that removing the side stripe is a no-cost modification.

Timebender
11-25-2015, 12:56 PM
The reason I cite laziness is that removing the side stripe is a no-cost modification.

Well, I'll give you that, and yes, that's one thing he should have done from the get go. Meanwhile I need to remove the thin side stripes from mine as they're peeling already and look like crud.

Drewlorean
11-25-2015, 01:10 PM
The black interior certainly doesn't help...

Dracula
11-25-2015, 01:22 PM
The black interior certainly doesn't help...

No, it does not. That, however, is a lengthy process and usually involves some cost.

sprofita
03-08-2016, 12:51 AM
I like the side stripes, but i can't say i would have one on my D, simply for the fact that the more stainless that shows the better...these are, afterall, the only stainless cars in numbers on the road. Small numbers, but numbers, damnit! Lol