PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy 5 speed transmission/K-Jet setup will sell or trade

leroylem
03-28-2015, 05:25 AM
WTB or Trade for UN1 5 speed Transmission--Condition???Have to sell or trade good K-Jet as removed from good running engine.

Leroy 2126

Nicholas R
03-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Just for your own reference, and so that if you search outside the DeLorean community you dont end up getting burned, the DeLorean doesn't actually use a UN1, technically its a Renault 369 transmission. The 369 predates the UN1 and has some unique features that are somewhat specific to the DeLorean (cable driven cross gate, 3.44 differential, no speedometer drive, and the differential is on the opposite side than usual though it can be flipped). Also Renault UN1 ranges from the Renault UN1-01 all the way to UN1-028; each with their own subtle differences.

As long as you're looking for a DeLorean transmission, you should be fine. Just dont go and buy a UN1 from a Lotus Esprit, Renault Espace, etc.

leroylem
03-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks for that information----I had not done much research on the trans, so I appreciate you passing that along. I did find a source for a SBC front sump pan kit (pan, pump, pickup assembly,etc. Reasonable price.
Thanks, Leroy 2126