PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance schedule

Dead Lesbian Goat
11-20-2014, 07:52 AM
DMCH sent out a mailer about a year or so ago with a nice hardboard service schedule and a place for recording dates and service performed. Sadly I have no idea where I put it since I keep my own records.

Does anyone have this list around they can post? What I really want is transmission service schedule. I have always thought it was 30k in the owners manual but I think DMCH adjusted it down to 15k or 20k. I even read that if you run without a filter you are supposed to do it with every oil change.

When Chad cracked his case open to see the filter gone I wondered how many owners out there are missing their filter and don't even know it?

How long has the filter been NLA?

11-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Not the recent one, but here's an older maintenance schedule that came with my car..

Dead Lesbian Goat
11-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks, I have talked to Dave at DMCMW since and he drains the transmission fluid every other oil change, not every 15k as the original schedule suggests.

As far as manual gearboxes I don't know but I don't think they are as delicate as the 4141 auto box so the service schedule is probably left unchanged.

And to answer my own question in the original post,(wow, almost a year old to the day) the filters went out of production in the early 80's and were still avaliable (if you looked hard enough) until around late 1990's.

stevedmc
11-15-2015, 01:04 PM
I wonder if I should change the transmission oil in my standard? Its been about 5 years and at least 30k miles since my last change. I don't even remember what type of gear oil to use.

Dead Lesbian Goat
11-15-2015, 01:11 PM
I wonder if I should change the transmission oil in my standard? Its been about 5 years and at least 30k miles since my last change. I don't even remember what type of gear oil to use.

According to the schedule, it should be changed every 7,500 miles.

Boo
11-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Might as well change it if you do enough driving. It simple enough to drain and refill. Just find out what to use. I put GM synchromesh in my Fiero Muncie 4spd manual gearbox.

Many companies make 'synchromesh' but I heard on the Fiero.nl forum that GM is superior. Sure was more expensive, it not by too much.