PDA

View Full Version : Site being Build

djdogbone
09-08-2014, 10:51 PM
So I ran into some issues with building the site. I messed up the format and is screwed up everything...going back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing GoDaddy for webhosting. What do you think? Has anyone had experience with them?

NightFlyer
09-08-2014, 10:54 PM
So I ran into some issues with building the site. I messed up the format and is screwed up everything...going back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing GoDaddy for webhosting. What do you think? Has anyone had experience with them?

I'm pretty sure that this forum is hosted by GoDaddy, but Steve would need to confirm this, as well as provide insight as to his experience with them.

stevedmc
09-08-2014, 10:56 PM
If you plan on having a high traffic site like this one you might want to stay away from Go daddy. That's just my two cents.

stevedmc
09-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Godaddy brags about 99.99% uptime. This means your site could possibly be offline for 14.4 minutes a day. DMCToday is on godaddy and unfortunately we did have an outage for a few minutes a week or so ago. It was only a one time thing for this site as far as I know. But if it does turn into a frequent thing we will probably look into moving to a better host even if it does cost more.

djdogbone
09-10-2014, 11:12 PM
The site is partially up. Still working on the pop up window for the forum. Cant get it right. Feedback would be good.

http://www.dmcsa.org/home.htm